should i lay off it today?

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
I have done loads of exercise this week. Yesterday I went on my cross trainer twice and had a good walk. It's WI day tomorrow. I don't want to over do it, so should I have today off exercise? I'm aching from yesterday and don't want to build up more muscle!!! But then I feel guilty having a day off... eek! X

I agree, listen to your body. If your muscles are tired then exercising them will just do damage to them.

Also, apparently (says He Who Thinks He's Boss, who was into exercise and weight training in his younger days) you have to give your body one day off a week when exercising. Me, I like to think of that as "at least one day off . . . " ;-)

You should always have at least one rest day hun. Your body needs it. My friend does lots and lots of exercise, very addicted, and she still gives herself a day off each week.
You won't put weight on, yes you will be "building" muscle but it really does take a long long time before that starts to weigh heavy and you would have to be doing pretty intensive resistance training for that to happen.
What you will be doing is toning up your muscles so you get lovely definition! Well done hun, I'm a lazy mare - I have a cross trainer and it's covered in junk......

Back