Should I or shouldn't I..

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've got my 20 week scan on Friday & can find out what sex the baby is.

I'm in 2 minds what to do, I'll probably be on my own as hubby will have the wee one.

Should I find out & keep it a secret from everyone including H?

I'm thinking if I do & it's a girl I'll start stressing again about how MIL will take over etc...

Oh decisions, decisions...I may wait & just see how I feel at the time...

I would wait and have the surprise myself. I have 3 boys and would have loved a girl, but alas will have to wait and get myself a grand daughter now :D

Good luck with the scan.

Thanks hun, some days I think wait for a surprise others I just want to know lol

Congratulations with the preganancy!

When I was pregnant with my son we found out and it was great for a week or two whilst we went and bought all blue, picked a name etc etc but after that the sparkle had gone and all we had to look forward to (apart from a perfect beautiful baby) was what he loked like and how much he weighed.

With my second pregnancy we didnt find out and it was a lovely suprise! We picked names for boys and girls, thought about whether it would be pink/blue clothes etc and it kept me more focused in labour lol!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do but if you do find out........PLS TELL US!!!!

xx

ps my 'suprise' bundle was a little girl! xx

Congratulations with the preganancy!

When I was pregnant with my son we found out and it was great for a week or two whilst we went and bought all blue, picked a name etc etc but after that the sparkle had gone and all we had to look forward to (apart from a perfect beautiful baby) was what he loked like and how much he weighed.

With my second pregnancy we didnt find out and it was a lovely suprise! We picked names for boys and girls, thought about whether it would be pink/blue clothes etc and it kept me more focused in labour lol!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do but if you do find out........PLS TELL US!!!!

xx

ps my 'suprise' bundle was a little girl! xx

I think I'll wait for a surprise as you're right after a few weeks it's just waiting for the baby.

I'd love a wee girl as have a 17mth old boy but MIL has put a dampner on this (long story)

Thanks

You should wait, that way you won't worry about how the evil MIL will take it, I don't know how you could keep it a secret from the OH either - I would only manage for a few hours then I would have to spill the beans. Also if you do know then you are constantly going to be referring to it as him/her which would give the game away totally!

You should wait, that way you won't worry about how the evil MIL will take it, I don't know how you could keep it a secret from the OH either - I would only manage for a few hours then I would have to spill the beans. Also if you do know then you are constantly going to be referring to it as him/her which would give the game away totally!

That is so true you are right I'll wait for the surprise...

I wouldnt be able to wait and didnt for my last two pregnancies, I even kept it secret from hubby when i found out.

i have 3 boys and would have loved to have had a girl, like soccermum. never mind, only grandaughters no grandsons.

xx

They didn't tell you when I had mine( scans had only just been invented!) When I went with DDIL for her scans in Sheffield they wouldn't tell them, if they wanted to know they had to pay £50 for a "private" scan which went to the maternity unit.

They wouldn't tell me either cos it wasn't 100% and some people had sued the hospital as they had wasted moneyn on the wrong colour etc.I didn't want to know and it was the best suprise I have ever had along with the fact I didn't understand how much I would love her!!
Good luck and I hope the baby is healthy.

Hi congrats on the pregnancy, ive not had any children but when i do i want to wait. Everyone i know always finds out first and to me it seems like the baby is already here the way that they talk about it. What ever you decide i hope everything runs smoothly for you.....good luck!!
:]]]

I didnt find out with my eldest, but I did with my two daughters. It was a surprise whenever it happened, but with our daughters we decided to find out so we could be a bit organised about names and getting stuff in and that.

Good luck with your scan and congrats on your pregnancy!

hyer hun, i will input as i did find out. I was really happy as we had decided on a name and bump wasnt bump but "sophie". It was great to be prepared, i didnt have to buy alot of neutral colours and saved alot of money. However i still decorated the nursery in lemon not baby pink lol. I will defo find out next time to. I didnt feel an anti-climax as now i was looking forward to what she would look like and her hair colour etc. Turns out she was the spit of her daddy lol. Each to there own and see how u feel on the day x

Thanks everyone think H is now coming with me & he doesn't want 2 know so will prob be a surprise x

my sil found out what sex she was having.had a 4d/3d scan and could see what he looked like rouggly his weight etc... and i said to partner nothing to look forward to there really apart from baby bng born... but with ours i was totally excited all way through and the not knowing etc

Back