Should I save?

I am not sure why you cant just calorie count or some other diet/exercise.

CD is not the only diet that works.
I would be very worried that you feel you have to wait a whole year before you tackle your weight.

I am calorie counting, I am not waiting until next year to tackle my weight, I am waiting til next year until I start the CD ;)

Walking and healthier eating are free, think about the food you do eat (maybe write a food diary) and how much exercise you do. Then decide how you can make small changes and in a years time you may be at target (and it also be a healthier and cheaper more sustainable method).

Yep I am doing that, started a food diary yesterday when I started doing my calorie counting.

Having spoken to my CDC about how many people drop out after 2 weeks of CD, the number is very high (and I have a great CDC) and I would hate for you to wait a year and then find the diet isnt for you.

It is a very hard diet to stick to, I live with my BF, but have no children and I feel so selfish doing this diet as I have to turn down so many social/family occasions, or if I do go I feel like I am not part of the group as I am not eating or drinking, and this isnt me just being silly, the diet makes other people very uncomfortable.

I don't drink alcohol anyway and eating out wouldn't bother me, my friends would understand as they are understanding.

I also think it is un-healthy to do this diet in front of children, I understand that for most people it really is a last resort (me too after suffering from eating disorders for the last 10yrs). But if you can find another approach to losing weight, Please DO IT!

I don't think it's un-healthy to do it in front of children, I was doing SlimFast in front of my children and they didn't see me eating a meal at night (they were in bed) but each to their own I guess :)

Thanks Starlight, I will do that to save confusion LOL

Everyone else seems to be paying a lot less than i do, ive been to 2 different cdc and have both charged £52.50 (4 packs a day) does anyone else pay this amount?

This price is because you are having 4 packs a day. Most people are on 3. I assume you are either on SS+ or over 5'8" tall and therefore require 4. It seems to be slightly higher than RRP though.. is it all sachets or are you having bars and tetras too?
CDC's can charge what they want for the packs, but most charge either a fixed rate per week regardless of what you have or the RRP per pack.
RRP is sachets £1.65, tetras £1.85 and bars £1.90.

I think there's a "sticky" somewhere about the costs of CD. A pack is £1.65, a tetra is £1.80 (I think) and a bar is £1.90 (but it could be the other way round! But I know the packs are £1.65)

Back