Should I stay or should I go?

Zayna

:(

3rd WI last night, lost 3lb this week, and I need to come clean, also need some advice.

I went away over the weekend and went out for dinner twice. First night was grilled salmon and green salad, second night was grilled steak and green salad. I also succumbed to two glasses of red wine.

:break_diet:
It gets worse.

On each of those days, I only had one shake. :break_diet:

It gets even worse... :break_diet:

Last night I went to an Indian restaurant, and they made me a green salad and sliced chicken korma, no sauces or naan bread or anything, just that, and water to drink.

All these times I have cheated, it has been because it is an 'occasion' and I really needed to be part of it. I also felt 'guilty' towards my o/h that he took me away for a nice weekend, I couldn't say I didn't want to go out for dinner, so I tried to work round it the best I could. The red wine was a total ridiculous blow out which I have no excuse for, just weakness.

So that's it, I've confessed. Here's my situation, can you advise me please...

I bought another weeks supply of LT yesterday and because I didn't use all of last weeks supply I've more shakes than you can shake a stick at.

I'm prepared to go back to TFR but wondering whether I have completely blown all my good work now. Would I be better swapping now to a low calorie diet and aiming to lose about 2lb a week?

Or perhaps using the shakes up during the day (easier than making my lunch at work) and having a light meal at night?

Should I move to another forum? I am loving having my ticker and this place is like a food diary, it's really supportive and I don't want to leave. :cry:

I really need to know what to do, folks. I've lost a total of 16lb now, which for me is fantastic. I don't want to go back to eating 3 meals a day really, I've got out of the habit of eating at work which was my downfall, and also I've stopped drinking (the wine was a blip or I'd have had some last night) and I'm loving the water.

All replies welcome, thank you so much for taking the time to read.

Zayna x

i think that maybe the two shakes and one meal a day could be better for you in all, honesty,if your chemist will allow that and if you feel happy to do that, you havent really been happy during total food replacement from what i have read and there is no point in forcing yourself to stick to it if you dont feel that you want to, it has to be something that you really want to do deep inside to be able to stick to it and make it work.

you are always welcome here, nobody thinks anything less of you zayna and we still want to hear how your losses are going with your shakes and one meal, keep glugging that water though !

stay strong, you will get there in the end,may just take a little longer.

take care xxxxxx

Hi Zayna, brave of you to report what happened. I wouldn't say you've blown it. I think I would go straight back onto Lipotrim TFR, lose the weight and then maintain. Unless you find it areal struggle in which case I'd agree with Nicki26. Whichever, way, make up your mind and go for it. Never let a slip up stop you or make you give up. You will succeed Zayna!
By the way, the answer to your question is: YOU SHOULD STAY! This forum is the best support forum ever!

you only have 9 lbs to go so i agree with the othes stick with your 2 shakes a day and one low carb meal and you should be able to shift that last 9 pounds so keep goin and dont lose the faith you can do it your willpower just needs a little attention.

I'd try doing TFR again then maintaing, if you really can't two shakes then one low carb/fat meal, but whatever you do don't leave the board! :D

Hi Hon
No need to feel guilty
I ate whilst i was on holiday as it was Mr G's birthday didnt feel guilty about it is a part of life eating at celebrations the major thing is working out what is an important celebration and what you can get away with just drinking water at when your on LT

I reckon 2 shakes and a low cal low carb meal will do you well as you only have 9lbs to move , you can say hello to us and update us of your progress either way so its up to you you will always be welcome an LT'r is always an LT'r and will always have some useful nugget of advice for a newbie!

Ive gotten out of the eating at work habit now also which for most of us who work i reckon is one of the biggest problems, the odd choccie on someones birthday turns into 6 or 12 and if you work somewhere hugeeee there is a birthday every flippin week! then the donuts because your boss is grovelling or in my office just because we work over the road from greggs! etc if you can resist the eating at work and just do your 2 shakes and meal you will be laughing !

Gen xx

:eek:
You're all so lovely.

I would love to stay here, I just don't want anyone to think that I condone 'cheating' and that it's ok to have a glass of red wine because you'll still lose 3lb.

My willpower is stronger than I thought, I was disappointed after my WI last night but didn't cave in and have a blow out at the Indian restaurant, and just drank water when everyone else was on beer and wine... which makes me think I can still lose more weight albeit more slowly.

Please nobody jump on my bandwagon and use LT for any other purpose than TFR. If I do, it's my choice and if it works, then it works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you.

:break_diet:

Nice one Zanya, they were my thoughts when i posted that I had ate on hols but couldnt think how to word it, it worked for me I lost 11lbs that fortnight but at some point in the future if i carry on doing it those odd few salads may come back and bite me on the behind.

LT is a total food replacement plan, I would never tell people not to eat if they ask should they but if someone does eat its
1.) their own fault if they knock themself out of ketosis
2.) their own fault if they gain any weight or stay the same
3.) their own fault if they feel guilty and totally fall off the wagon

Personally its someones choice what they do and I dont condone cheating either but I dont think guilt is a good feeling so if someone eats they should just let it drop and get on with LT

:)

Last edited:
As cheating goes, that was remarkably well-behaved cheating - and you still lost weight! So just put it behind you, decide whether you want to go TFR or add-a-meal for the next while, and get back on the horse. You're nearly at the finish line! :D

I really dont know what to say because iv tried helping last time. Iv been out on many occasions and i dont use these as an excuse to cheat. You just dont seem to be in the right frame of mind to do a TFR diet. Maybe you should look into slimming world or weight watchers where you can diet and eat, obviously the weight loss will be ALOT slower but it might be right for you.

I am interested in the idea of having 2 shakes and a low carb meal. Would those that have suggested it as an option use 2 x the TFR shakes or 2 x maintenance products? My reason for asking, I really want to do maintenance after I refeed but from doing this before I really didnt like the maintenance products as much as the TFR shakes! When I called the help line about it they advised that I wouldnt be able to survive on that and that I would be better using the maintenance products instead (seriously after weeks of having nothing but TFR Im sure I could cope!)
What are your thoughts on this?

I am interested in the idea of having 2 shakes and a low carb meal. Would those that have suggested it as an option use 2 x the TFR shakes or 2 x maintenance products? My reason for asking, I really want to do maintenance after I refeed but from doing this before I really didnt like the maintenance products as much as the TFR shakes! When I called the help line about it they advised that I wouldnt be able to survive on that and that I would be better using the maintenance products instead (seriously after weeks of having nothing but TFR Im sure I could cope!)
What are your thoughts on this?

I thought the same as you, tbh. I thought that if I had 2 standard shakes a day + a low calorie / low fat dinner, that would be like re-feeding... and I'd just go on a bit longer because I've got so many shakes left... :confused:

Have you phoned Lipotrim? Maybe they will have some suggestions. It's sounds like you want to use up the shakes you have, and lose weight, and be able to go out and eat, so maybe the 2 x shakes and one low fat low carb meal might be a good idea, as others have suggested.

I'm absolutely no expert, so I really don't know, my suggestion is to phone Lipotrim and see what they say. You might be able to take the shakes back if you really need to.

I envy you only having 9lbs left to lose, you are so close to the end....:D

i think the reason why they suggest using the maintenance and not the tfr products when u are eating again is to help you to control your appetite...the tfr products once u start to eat again are nowhere near as filling and you will eventually start to feel more hungry, the maintenance products are alot more filling and keep you full for a lot longer

Aha. That sounds reasonable... :)

plus because you will no longer be in ketosis when u start introducing carbs again you need higher calorie products for energy and the tfr arent high enough,u will probably feel to weak etc

You're so wise.

:eek:

Zayna, whatever you decide to do and it is only you who can decide my advice is to keep posting on here we will continue supporting you
all the best
xx

Hun, you have 9lbs left to lose you have 2 options
1. TFR for 3 weeks max
2. change diet
You can do atkins, south beach etc and still lose fantastic amounts (as long as you stick to low carbs) i have lost using a combination of the 2 and my loses are equal to what i was losing on TFR X
When you cheat you are only cheating yourself!
Which ever you decide make sure its the right desicion for you xx

I'm still on the fence. However, yesterday I had LT x 3, three litres of water and nothing else.

I think it's a day at a time job. Whatever happens, I shan't be gorging or boozing, I'll be sticking to salad, veg and protein for the forseeable future.

Also, I picked my DUMBELLS up last night and had a 40 minute workout. How good is that? :cool:

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support and for not flaming me to charcoal. I'd love to stay here.

One more question. Has anyone ever been for a WI and not bought any LT? Because I've been messing about with it, come next Tuesday I'll have packets of the stuff everywhere and don't really need another £36 worth, but I'd like to see what their scales say because they're completely different to mine...

Last edited:
Back