Should I up my Calorie intake?

I'm a 19 year old girl and I'm currently eating around 1200 calories a day.

I don't feel that I'm starving myself on this figure, but whenever I read around online, I've read that it's not healthy, so I'm not sure?

I try to go to the gym 3 times a week, but in reality, I only really go once or twice...

Would it be more sensible to start eating, say, 1500 calories a day? Or will that make me gain weight?

Hey

i cant See what your current weight is or your stats. It may be worth looking at the sticky on here bout calculating your daily intake.

I have 7/8 stone to lose (bloody loads lol) Im doin 1500 a day as as i lose weight my cal intake will have to drop so i dont plateau.

Sorry i cant be more specific for you. Hope this helped somewhat.

Sarah xx

Use My Fitness Pal which will automatically calculate what you need to eat calorie wise to lose 2lb a week. It's not as simple as just everyone going to 1200 a day, lots of factors that come in to it. If you are doing 1200 a day then you need to eat back the calories you burn at the gym otherwise you're going too low. It's your net calories that need to be above 1200 and 1200 is an absolute minimum anyway. Most people actually lose better eating more. I lose better ay around 1450 a day than 1200.

I would recommend MFP too. My daily calorie allowance is 1275. Remember that this is to lose weight. If someone was wanting to maintain then it would need to be approx 500 cals a day higher than that. Good Luck!

Back