showing my weakness.

Fair play to you!!! I imagine that took real effort considering how low you are feeling at the moment. GP receptionists are real dragons and you have to play them at their own game unfortunately.... and you have to just insist!

Sorry GG, I wasn't meant to be implying that anti depressants were the only treatment! I didn't explain myself well.
Its all that was offered to me at the time and my ex boyfriend was on anti depressants and they didn't change him for the better so I have a sort of screwed view on them.

Seriously you should try and talk to someone about it though. I know it's hard but it helps!

Kimmie I am so sorry if I came across as getting at you! That was not my intent at all. Sadly too many GPs turn to medication in the first instance as funding for talking treatments/ time to spend talking through self care is just not available. I often tell my clients to ask for a double appointment and just tell the receptionist they have a few issues to talk to the GP about.

I know your BF may not have responded but he may have been on the wrong meds etc... there are so many different types out there.... please please always see each case as individual.

ahhhh Cheryl my doctors is exactly the same!!! What a stupid system. I was ill with an ear infection and tonsilitus last week and they open at 8. Rang engaged since 7.55 and got through at 8.06 and they were fully booked! I don't understand how they expect you to see a doctor this way.

our docs do a phone system if you know what's up with you. they'll phone you back and leave a script for you if you need one. also they should offer you an appointment asap. do you not have a walk in clinic? we have one that's open 8-8 every day. no app just fill in form and wait to be seen.

we have no walk in clinic at all. u can drop in a repeat prescription which takes 48 hours.
u can beg for an emergency appointment and if this is not seen as an emergency by the doctor when u get there then omg u dont half get a lecture. i ran out of my pain meds a few months ago on a friday and i knew there was no way i could cope until the tuesday which is how long it would have taken for my repeat prescription due to the weekend so i called and made an emergency appointment in order to get the prescription. the lecture i got from the doctor ( not my choice of doctor i should add. there are one or two i would 'choose' to see) was unbelievable. i got the pain meds but i left feeling like a naughty child.

that's outragous. i'd have complained. they're governed by PALS too so i'd have phoned and complained. if you need an appointment they have to give you one. it might be a few days away but you are supposed to have one. if i'd phoned our docs and told them i had ran out of pain meds they would have done their best to get the prescription there for me to pick up the same day. often the receptionists have waited outside the docs room to pop in between patients to get things signed. they don't do it often but if you need it they will.

I agree with Nikki... the surgery's behaviour is totally out of line! I would certainly contact PALs who are a patient advocate group and who will give you support (even if ultimately you decide not to make a formal complaint maybe even just talking to PALs about it will make you feel more positive?)Here is the PALs link Home

Back