Shredded BBQ pork (slow cooker)

raicheal

Just had this for dinner and was yummy so thought I'd share :)

1 X pork shoulder (fat removed)
1x batch of syn free BBQ sauce
( http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/101921-syn-free-bbq-sauce.html )

Simply put the pork and sauce in the slow cooker in the morning and switch on, when you get home from work the pork should be so tender you can shred it with a fork. Mix it all together and serve. So easy but soooo tasty!

Serves 4.
IMG00271-20120118-1810.jpg

Oooh bbq sauce is my favourite! Do you think you could do this with chicken as well? I dont eat pork. I am just imagining eating it right now with some new potatoes, SW coleslaw and corn on the cob mmmmmm

Oooh bbq sauce is my favourite! Do you think you could do this with chicken as well? I dont eat pork. I am just imagining eating it right now with some new potatoes, SW coleslaw and corn on the cob mmmmmm

You could use it for Hunter's Chicken with bacon and cheese (HEA) :bliss:

I've got it in the slow cooker at the moment with some mushrooms, red pepper and chicken breasts :drool:

Last edited:
I'm making this today I made twice the amount of BBq sauce as my passata carton is a 500ml - having tasted the bbq sauce I think it tastes a tad vinegary so next time I add a little less balsamic vinegar but it still tastes good

Towards the end I plan on adding a tin of baked beans rinsed (as I'm unsure of how the tomato sauce and bbq sauce would taste together....

The plan is to serve it as a jacket potato topping with some left over for rolls tomorrow :) so far it smells yummy :) xxxx

toliveordiet? said:
You could use it for Hunter's Chicken with bacon and cheese (HEA) :bliss:

I've got it in the slow cooker at the moment with some mushrooms, red pepper and chicken breasts :drool:

Sounds fab. Love new ideas x

It is delicious, personally suggest you serve with something bland as the flavours are strong :) I made double the amount of sauce for a big joint

419609_10150491070967623_669747622_9023363_1045330455_n.jpg

Do you need to make the bbq sauce first and boil it for 10 mins like the instructions or can you just chuck all the ingrediants in the slow cooker?

thank Kathy
x

ok thanks. I have decided to make the sauce and put it with chicken first for Hubby and me. Didnt want to do a whole joint of pork and the kids turn their nose up at it! Put this recipe is on my list to do!

Back