Extra Easy Shredding for the Wedding!

So last week started off very well, completely on plan ahead of what I knew was going to be a challenging weekend with the in laws!
I finished work on Wednesday to give me a day before heading up north on the Friday, and I kid you not, within 30 minutes of getting home from the gym my throats started swelling up and was SO painful, by bed time I felt like c***p and dosed up on cold and flu medicine before bed, hoping it would disappear overnight. Alas, I am STILL ill, and had to make a proper effort all weekend to not succumb to it! Just my luck, it shouldn't be possible to be ill on holiday days!
Anyway, up until Friday night i was all on plan, weighed myself on Wednesday and had gone down to 11st 9 - not as big a loss as the previous week but I was happy with a loss.
I'm not going to go into the details of the weekend but my fiancée had not passed on the message that we were dieting and so I was served everything from salmon wellingtons and pastries for breakfast to tomato and marscapone sauce and pavlova for pudding... NOT good!
I'm sure I have put at least 2lbs back on, especially now I can't go to the gym due to illness! Hey ho, I expected this to happen and I had a lovely weekend with the family and other half, I will just have to be extra good this week to make up for the weekend and lack of exercise!
Xxxxxxxx

So, 1 week later and I am finally feeling better! I went into work on Tuesday morning which was my first day due back after my time off and could only manage half a day before I was ordered to go home and back to bed!
I havent felt that ill for a long time - constant cough, couldnt sleep, couldnt eat, just horrible! It took until Sunday after 2 solid nights sleep to feel human and I kept waiting for it to come back all day!!

Anyway, I am now fit as a fiddle and the week of not eating had actually taken me down to 11 st 7 from my last weigh in before the heavy weekend of 11st 9.5! So its done some good, a big kick start in the right direction even if its not the healthiest way to do it!!
I tried my dress on again as well and its too big again now (which was the aim - it didnt fit when I bought it but in the good, loose way, not the horrible, tight way!) I coudl still lose a bit off my belly but I know it unfortunately doesnt work like that :(

Lets hope I dont put it all back on now I'm eating proper meals again! I made a batch of healthy carrot and lentil soup which I am having for lunches and made a meal plan and only bought items on the list so I wont be tempted to cheat!

Its just starting to hit me how soon our wedding it - 3 months and 1 week today! Freaky! People are asking about booking in final meetings and when I'm going to pay up haha, so its al go go go from here on out!

xxxxx

How smug I was in my last post, all healthy and fit again :rolleyes:... it did not last. After being ill for 1 and a half weeks with the coughing illness, I had 7 beautiful, healthy, no illness days then got a new strain of cold on the following Monday, right at the beginning of half term week when I was basically alone in the office all week, so NO chance of a day off or even anyone to moan to, oh I did feel sorry for myself! :boohoo:
So last week was ANOTHER week I didnt manage to get to the gym. I was pretty good and on plan food wise because I was aware I wasnt exercising but it was so frustrating, I really miss it when I dont get to go. After most of my life as a proper couch potato, I really actually enjoy the exercise and the time to myself.:character00116:.. Never thought I would hear those words out of my mouth but there you go, must be those endorphins!

Anyway, less smug this week but I am tentatively better now... sniffling slightly but feel so so much better this week, and I got to the gym last night so feeling back to normal (please dont let me get another cold!)
So, weigh in last night and I am down to 11st 4.4 lbs - so down 2.6lbs which I am happy with given the last couple of weeks!

I have been thinking about what happens when I reach my target weight - obviously slimming world is formulated to make you lose weight so will you just keep losing weight forever or do you tend to reach a plateaux and it naturally slows down and peters out? Or do you get extra syns? Here's hoping its the latter hehe!

I had my first wedding dress fitting with the seamstress last weekend which was so exciting, Ive not met her before but she was very highly recommended and she is BRILLIANT. Knew exactly what she was talking about and said she would be able to make me some sleeves taking lace from the bottom so it all matches and ties in nicely. SO exciting :banana_dancer:

Oops pressed reply too soon... Has anyone noticed their boobs are a bit, shall we say, lacklustre after losing a few pounds? I have always had large boobs at a G cup, I havent been to be remeasured but they are definitely filling my vras out a lot less at the top than they used to! I dont want them to just sag!

Ah sorry to hear you're still not feeling too great.
I've had a bug for the last 5 days as well, so I'm also feeling sorry for myself.

I'm sure when you get to target you will know exactly what to do. I find dieting is more a lifestyle change that a diet and I would hope that if I ever get down to my target, I will continue to eat healthily but just have a few added treats from time to time :)

Ah sorry to hear you're still not feeling too great.
I've had a bug for the last 5 days as well, so I'm also feeling sorry for myself.

I'm sure when you get to target you will know exactly what to do. I find dieting is more a lifestyle change that a diet and I would hope that if I ever get down to my target, I will continue to eat healthily but just have a few added treats from time to time :)

Aw sorry you arent feeling well either, everyone I talk to either has something or has just got over it, its awful! I want spring to come now please!! I'm feeling a bit better this week but hesitate to say that too loudly because I know I will get another cold!

Yeah I definitely wont go back to my old ways, I agree it is a lifestyle change and I intend to keep it up, but I find that if I lose too much weight I start to look gaunt and it doesnt suit me so I was just wondering if there was a standard procedure, like having an extra HeB or HeA or something... I guess everyone's different though so its all trial and error!
xx

Hey hun,
I've not seen you on here for a few days. How are you doing?
Hello! I've been suer busy the last week or so - various wedding things and had a full on weekend so just been rushed off my feet! Had an awards dinner with work last night which wasnt ideal, NO choice in your meal and as a veggie I was given a cheese souffle :confused: Don't even want to think about how many syns that had in it, so I am writing yesterday off as a cheat day and starting again today!

Weight loss has slowed a bit after illnesses and such, but I havent gained any either so that's good. 17lbs down from beginning now, 4 to go until target! I think as I near my target its slowing naturally anyway because there is less to lose... is that a thing or am I making it up?!!

How are you doing?
xxxxxxxxx

So it was weigh day for me yesterday, and as I had expected after the awards dinner and pancake day (I can't resist them!) I have had a gain - but only 1lb, so I'm not too bothered. It makes sense at least!

So I am back on it for the rest of the week, super healthy food only for me and I will make sure I keep lots of speed in there and go to the gym 3 x I will be back to losing again soon enough. The trouble with going out, whether its on a week day or a weekend is it always sets me back way more than I think it will.. maybe I am getting old but I cant spring back and go to the gym the next day after a late/ heavy night, it always takes a good couple of days!

Really happy to see some sun out there today, the rain was really starting to get to me and I think I definitely eat more when the weather's bad/ cold, so I could really do with a sunny week please! :innocent0001:

You'll have that 1lb gain off in no time :)

You sound organised and motivated for the week so I'm sure you'll smash it!

The weather can't make up its mind here in Bristol- glorious sunshine one minute and pouring rain and thunder clouds the next!
Aaah you're not far from me - I live in Wiltshire, used to work in St George's in Bristol when I lived in Bath but was too much of a commute when I moved this way! I used to go through 5 counties on my way into work haha!

As of Last friday (the last time I weighed myself at the gym) I had lost 2 lbs again after all the indulging earlier in the week Yay!
So all in all, I went from 11 st 4 up to 11 st 5 by last wednesday then down to 11 st 3 all in one week haha! I'm sure that much bouncing around can't be good for you but I am happy with 11 st 3 at this point, I think this is the thinnest I have been in years, I keep catching sight of myself and not recognising my reflection paha! It just goes to show what you can do if you put your mind to it :)

Hello,
Late weigh in this week last night and I have stayed the same again@ 11stone 3. The scales at the gym actually weigh you in kgs so I always feel like I see more of a difference on there than when I convert it into stone and lbs! . Not entireley suprised, had a bit of a rubbish week and have definitely over indulged. Saw some friends who moved to Canada years ago on Tuesday and had a pub lunch (and pints) and an indian for dinner!!! So, yeah... not entirely suprised haha!!!

I have nothing coming up over the following week that I can see will sabotage my diet so fingers crossed for a lose next week :)

Hope you are all getting on well this week
xxxxx

Another late weigh in this week, been out every single evening after work but all nice things, having my nails done and getting my hair cut and still managed to get to the gym too so thats good, Got a bit overtired last night though and a bit teary haha so I won't be havign such a full on week again for a while!!

So I went to the gym last night and weighed in at 155.5 lbs - so 11stone 1.5! So 1.5lbs lost this week which I am chuffed with considering I had a couple of bad days at the beginning of the week involving pizza AND beer!
So close to target now and still got plenty of time so I'm not fretting about a slow down in loss at this point.

Hope you're all doing well, will hopefully get a chance to poke around on your diaries later!

xxxxxx

Phew, I have had a manic couple of weeks, been out every evening after work last week and the week before in fact, and a mega busy but really lovely weekend getting bridesmaids dresses altered and prosecco testing!!

So, last Thursday I weighed in and had gained that .45lbs - weighed in at 11 stone 2. While a little disappointed in myself, I can see where it came from and where I went wrong, it being such a busy fortnight there were a couple of evenings and lunches where I didnt have time to consider what I was eating and made some less healthy choices, so I wasn't all that suprised! It also wasnt a huge gain a all so I'm not going to beat myself up about it!!

Since then I have tried to be good but as mentioned I did have a prosecco tasting evening on Saturday haha! We shall see if I can change it all around by Thursday.

Well I have had a busy couple of weeks, let me update you all!
The day after my last post, Monday a week ago, we went to pick up said crates of prosecco from Asda, and as I was carrying the boxes back in the house I couldnt really see where I was going so I whacked my knee at full force on the corner of the PVC Door. OUCH :banghead: It really really hurt and I had my hen do that weekend so I was freaking out that I wouldnt be able to walk by the weekend, it was honestly that painful, so I didnt risk going to the gym all week but still stayed on plan food wise.
Hen do day arrived, now bear in mind I had NO idea where I was going, all I had been told (the week before, whilst we were doing bridesmaid dresses) was that I would need hand luggage and a passport! SO EXCITING, I honestly had had no details up until that point at all!
Anyway, I got to the airport and found out we were going to Budapest! It had all been planned to the letter, two of my bridesmaids had gone ahead of the group to get the Air BnB set up and decorated with banners and got food in for us all, and it was all just so overwhelming and beautiful!
There were games planned, and drinks consumed, we went on a bar crawl on the Saturday night then woke up on the Sunday with sore heads and went to a beautiful thermal baths place. After that we had a really entertaining walking tour around the city, it really is so beautiful and the weather was just perfect, I could not have asked for a better weekend, everyone was on top form throughout as well and there were no tiffs or arguments. Perfection
HOWEVER I am s.h.a.t.t.e.r.e.d and although my knee was ok by the weekend I gave myself the BIGGEST blister you have ever seen - honestly, its a whopper - on my little toe so after getting back on Monday (its now Thursday) I still havent been to the gym! I have mainly been passingout on the sofa after work every night!
Food wise it was incredibly difficult to be good in Budapest, they are NOT veggie friendly so I had to eat what I could and obviously drinks were consumed in LARGE amounts! I had come to peace with this before I went though and just let myself indulge for the weekend, I have done so well up until now with only 2lbs to go before my target and I still have 5 weeks until the big day so its fine! I had a little check on my home scales which I dont trust very much really haha, not as much as the gym ones, and I think I have gained 2lbs, but I will have to wait and see. Foot is almost better now so I think I will go to the gym tomorrow and face the music.
The problem I have had is that since I got back and because I have been so tired I have sort of carried on with my hen do mentality and eaten crap all week so far, so Tomorrow I am going to get back on it, get weighed and see what the damage was and go from there!
xxx

Back