Shrimp's journey!...and this time it's going to be a success

Can't understand anyone that wouldn't love running?! It is horrid at first but then you soon get the bug. I think its meditational for me too, so a bit of time out and quiet me time which is quite rare for any mummy I think!

Lynne - look at the 30 day plank/sit up challenge - think it would be better to follow the varied ones. Same goes for the squats - there's a slightly better one where you cover 5 different exercises over the 30 days period, so it targets more muscle groups by doing lunges and squats etc. Still better than nowt though - you're being very good on your hols :D x

Running is defo not my thing and prob wouldnt last 30 secs before dying lol xx

Well done on your run shrimp.

Yes my calf is killing too - think I could do with some of that today!

Well done on your long run - do you run on your own, or part of a club? Find it hard to motivate myself when I run alone, even though I enjoy it? When I used to train with a club (very friendly rather than competitive) I used to run for an hour or 2 on Sundays, but can't imagine doing that now for some reason? Most probably because I don't have any goals now other than to enjoy :D x
I have started to do my long run with a friend but she could not run last Sunday so did in on my own but I agree it's easier in company!

Actually just realised I did quite a bit this week. Quite pleased now I look back :)

Tues - 45mins Circuits
Wed - 3 mile run
Fri - 4 mile run
Sat - 5 miles
Sun - 4.81 miles
These are good numbers!...well done

You 2 are both doing brilliantly with your running! My legs are quite stiff from doing squats. Going to add 50 crunches and a plank to my routine from today. Have to do 60 squats today
I could not do that!

Jeezo shrimp !!!
Thats an excellent amount to run !
I will set the treadmill in the gym for 30 mins today, but im not sure how much of that I will be running :eek:
How did you get on?

How long does it take you to run that distance Shrimp ?
Just short of 2 hours. I like to train at between 11.30 and 12 minute miles...I am never going to be the fastest

Well done on the running I'm terrible at it. My bum wobbles and fees horrible lol
My bum used to hurt at 5 miles but that has stopped now

Went down to London yesterday to an event at a nice place in Kensington ...Kensington roof gardens!

but there was no food so just drank Peroni. Then at midnight went for a take out.

Got up this morning feeling bad, not sure if it was the drink or the food or lack of sleep. Came back home on the train this morning. But still feel bad but with pains in my lower arms and wooziness....taken all my blood pressure tablets on time so that is ok.

the worry is I am up at 5 tomorrow to go to a meeting in Luton with and overnight tomorrow and then 15 mile walk in London on Thursday for charity. I just don't feel right.

the good news I went to next to night to buy a few bits....the trousers of a new suit (size 14) are swimming on me so tonight I bought a size....wait for it 10! Now they are a little snug, don't get me wrong. But I think when I lose that next 5 pounds they should be perfect.

oh and someone I saw last night, that I have not seen for a few years. Asked what I had one as I looked over 10 years younger...I just said my hair had grown :D

Apart from you not feeling well, that's all brilliant! I can't wait until I get to size 14, never mind 10 - or even until all my 16s actually fit comfortably! I think you're losing weight very sensibly in that you are doing a lot of exercise and still having some food.

Shrimp thats marvellous :)
I hope the yukky feeling passes doon :)

Ah shrimp bet that was a great feeling 1 on the trousers and 2 someone thinking u had something done to make yrself younger lol xx

That's amazing shrimp, compliments and not 1 but 2 suit sizes down! Excellent! Xxx

Thank you for the messages....well what a week?

Been back down south...first to Luton on Wednesday and then London today.

Today I walked the street, stations and jail on a monopoly board for charity. I had a bust tucker trial to do..that was to eat a raw onion. Did that successfully and then I had to dance in the middle of the roundabout in Leicester square. Funny day but I am tired.

I am sure that weigh in tomorrow will not be a success.....I feel this week I have drunk a lot of alcohol, never good. I will catch up on everyone's diaries tomorrow.

I feel bad that I have missed you all...I hope you have all done well my friends.

Off to bed

Wow well done shrimp but rather u than me crazy lady lol xx

Sounds like you had fun!!!!!

That sounds like an excellent day Shrimp.
When I worked I London, we used to try and do a monopoly pub crawl !!!
We never quite managed it ;)

Back