Shrinking Mums Recipe Book

ShrinkingMum said:
Last night I had a lovely pasta dish thanks to Morrisons having their Philadelphia Light on special offer recently. It was very simple to put together and could be jazzed up with roasted veg quite easily.

Chicken, sundried tomato and basil Pasta

2 chicken breasts, diced
Pasta (enough for 4)
1 200g tub sundried tomato and basil pasta (2 syns for 25g = 4 syns per serving)
Sweet Paprika

Cook the chicken and the pasta, adding a tsp of paprika to the chicken to add flavour.
Drain the pasta, add the chicken and the Philadelphia and stir until pasta and chicken is coated.

(You could add some milk from your allowance to loosen up the sauce a bit as it's very thick and creamy, doesn't seem like a diet friendly dish at all!)

Sorry where do I get the tub of sun dried tomato and basil pasta?

subscribing !! great recipes thank you x

ShrinkingMum said:
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding

My daughter loves rice pud and I was desperate for a recipe that I could eat too so I bunged a load of ingredients into my slow cooker and came up with a delicious and free (on EE and Green) recipe.

Pudding rice/paella rice/arborio rice (basically short grain rice)
HEX skimmed milk
Sweetener (to taste)

Spray the slow cooker with frylite, add the rice and milk and cook on low for 4 hours or until soft and the milk has thickened. Add sweetener towards the end of the cooking process, I've found if you add it before you end up with a less sweet rice pudding and have to add more.

You can also add vanilla essence to the rice pudding and of course top with jam, chocolate, etc. It's also nice with a mullerlight stirred through to make it really creamy.

How much rice and milk??

Ooh, subscribing! Definitely want to try some of these :)

Pork in creamy sherry sauce

Pork chops, or any cut of pork you prefer, escalopes work well too
frylite
1/2 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
20 mushrooms, sliced
50ml sherry (3 syns)
1 tsp ground ginger
300ml chicken stock
4 tsp Dijon Mustard (2 syns)
2 or 3 tbsp quark or low fat creme fraiche

Cook the pork, in the meantime heat the frylite in a pan and cook the onions, carrots and mushrooms until tender
Add the sherry and reduce by half
Add the stock, ginger and season
Reduce until the stock starts to thicken
Add the mustard and creme fraiche/quark

This is delicious and you would never guess that it's only just over 1 syn per serving, it tastes really luxurious and definitely one that's in the family favourites list - and even popular with the fussy 10 year old too!

Sounds gorgeous, going to try this tonight :)

Back