Shrinking Sarah

Baby_Caddy

Hello all,

I thought I'd start a diary to keep myself accountable during my journey to a healthy weight and lifestyle. I've got my appointment with a consultant on Wednesday (16th) and am planning to start my diet on the 19th August (day after my birthday). My ultimate goal is to be fit and healthy by my 36th birthday next year.

I'm not 100% sure of my weight right now. Last time I checked I was something like 85.6kg, but I'm pretty sure I will be weighed and measured at Wednesdays appointment. I'd really like to get to 62kg (ish) ultimately. We'll see.

I work away from home quite a bit so I'm not sure how portable the food is when it comes to being stuck in hotel rooms? That'll be a big question at my appointment as I'm away from home, travelling with work, for a little over two weeks at the end of August/beginning of September.

In the meantime, whilst I wait to start, I am upping my water intake, reducing my alcohol to zero (apart from my birthday) and generally taking care of myself. I guess at some point I'll have to take "before" photo's too. Not looking forward to that bit at all.

Hey Baby,

Welcome and well done, you've taken the first steps to a newer you. You're going to do great, the plan works stick to it drink your water and I promise you it will get you to where you want to be. The trick is not toniver think it. That's what works for me anyway. Be quietly inside focused and determined. If you know what I mean.

Thinking about it too much and the end can throw you off, take each day as it comes do a daily check off, just getting through each day is a goal at first.

Then Mini goals, i.e. getting next 1/2 stone down or next size down. Drinking your 3-4 ltrs a day.

You've got this, you could reach goal in the first 12 weeks.

Go on you tube to see success stories Andreas these diaries. They are a great help. We're here to support you and keep you going to reach your goal.

You've got this

Summer

xxxx

Hi Summer, thank you for the encouragement! :)

I'm feeling pretty positive at the moment and just want to get started now. Next Saturday seems ages away. LOL

Hi Baby,

Maybe start with just Atkins and stay around 1000 daily cals to get you started before your plan..?? Then enjoy your bday. Would be rude not to... ;)

Then you're just prepping your body. I'm like you, I look at the week ahead and think that week will see me loose hopefully a few more lbs...

You've made up your mind you'll be starting soon enough that's the main thing. We'll be with you every step of the way

:) :)

Xxx

Eep, tomorrow is the day I go and meet my consultant for the first time. She seems lovely on the phone, so I'm cautiously optimistic!

I'm going straight from work so not sure what to wear. I was thinking something relatively tight just in-case there's any before photo's taken... But the thought of wearing something like leggings at work is horrendous...I may just wear my normal trousers and put like a vest top on underneath my uniform.

I'm dreading being weighed too as I know I've put weight on...

We'll see. I'm sure it'll be fine. I just got to decide what food I want to get I suppose. Normally with these diets I stick to milkshakes but we'll see.

Oooooo baby caddy,

Go as comfortable as possible, take a change of clothing if you like. And stick with those same clothes for weigh in. I do that now after wearing jeans on an earlier weighin.

That way you're as accurate as possible for the future. You're going to be great.

Well done

Xxx

Thank you Summer,

Well I went along with my Husband and my consultant was absolutely lovely. I've taken a weeks worth of food, mainly bars and strawberry ready-to-go shakes. Been weighed and measured. She wants me to start properly on Monday but really I'd like to start Saturday.

I tried one of the shakes last night and it was a bit... Dry feeling in my mouth. I can see why they say you have to drink lots of water if the products give you dry mouth! LOL I'm away on business at the beginning of next week, so thankfully my family won't have to deal with the moods and headaches when I first start and I'll hopefully be too busy to feel too hungry.

Hi Baby,

You could be at your goal in the first cycle of 12 weeks!

Kab, who's also on this journey, see her diary, has just hit her goal. She's off to celebrate on holiday. When you look at the bigger picture, only 12 weeks or 3 months to be where you want to be!!

In the next 12 weeks you will be so close to goal or even reached your goal!! You'll look back and think that was less than a blip of my life! And look what you achieved.

Well done for starting on your journey. And you'll be making great company for us all. I've another 4 stones to reach goal, so you'll be stuck with me for a while lol...

I'm looking forward to hearing more about you and your journey ;) ;)

xxx

Sorry I've been gone a few days. It was my birthday and I had two days of celebrating.

Today is Day 1 - weighed in at 88.3kg :( My highest weight in awhile.

One shake down, two more to go and a bar! Just need to get the water down now!

Hey BabyC,

I'm playing catch up, it's been a busy day and I'm only reading updates now so huge Apols.

Day 2 over onto day 3, loads of waterasmuchas youcan, I did get some flavourings but happy with just water for now.

My palette is becoming cleaner and can really taste things again. Anyway water will beat any potential headaches, and the best thing of all, you've made it to day 3!!!

That's such an achievement. Every day on plan is an amazing thing. And every day you're on plan you couldn't be losing 1/2 a pound a day and a heck of a lot more in the first week.

Waiting for your day 3 update

xxx

Hello ! I am planning to start next week as i ll be 4 days on holiday for a hen party and not sure it the best idea to start before I go.. I currently weigh 90 kg and hope to get down to 74 or even a dream weight of 65.. not sure I can get there but willing to try!

I am meeting up with my consultant in a couple of hours.. hope you are all getting on well with your diet xx

Hi Sopsop,

Good luck with the start, I started at 98kgs urghhh ... 11 weeks ago tomoz, currently just over 82 kg.. so it can be done. I also had an outing on day 5 and stick with water and grilled chicken, but do what's right for you. If you want to start after the weekend do it. Then buckle down straight after and look anazeballs for the wedding..

have a great start looking forward to your posts xxxx

Thanks SummerChic for your reply :) My consultant said its best to go with plan 2.. which is 3 products and a 200 calorie meal consisting of just proteins and veg..

Hope it works :) i ll start preparation the last day of the trip which is step 3 really and cut all carbs out of my diet for 3 days then go fully on the plan.. hope it works.. i 've seen that most people here go on a sole source program and it worries me a bit :/

Sopsop x

Hey Sopsop,

Don't be, I'm step 1b which is 4 products, I'm a giraffe, but sometimes i swap out and do step 2, instead of the 4 products, that's what I have to do the whole of week 13 too.

What's your target? What are your goals for the plan? And have you started your own diary?

Give it a few weeks, as long as you're mentally in the zone you'll do fine.

I have week 11 weigh in tomorrow, I seriously can't believe how fast it's gone, think I will struggle to reach 3 stones in 3 months but that's ok :) still have another 6 lbs to shift in that time :) who knows if I manage 3 lbs each week hopefully I will do it

xxxXxxx

My goal is to lose 16 to 21 kg, in order to be in a healthy bmi :) that's about 3 st. and I'm hoping i manage to do that by Christmas as i don't want weight loss to be in another year's resolution list :)

Only 6lb away from 3 st ? You are doing great!! Go you! Keep us updated on your weigh in :)

I have not started a diary yet as I'm starting the diet a week from now.. I have started a blog though to try and keep me accountable www.sosopcwpjourney.blogspot.com.cy

I'll have a look at the diary part of the page later today! :)

Xxx
Sopsop

Hey Sopsop,

Don't be, I'm step 1b which is 4 products, I'm a giraffe, but sometimes i swap out and do step 2, instead of the 4 products, that's what I have to do the whole of week 13 too.

What's your target? What are your goals for the plan? And have you started your own diary?

Give it a few weeks, as long as you're mentally in the zone you'll do fine.

I have week 11 weigh in tomorrow, I seriously can't believe how fast it's gone, think I will struggle to reach 3 stones in 3 months but that's ok :) still have another 6 lbs to shift in that time :) who knows if I manage 3 lbs each week hopefully I will do it

xxxXxxx

Hello Summerchic :)

It's my last day before going on the preparation part of the diet.. i'm still away with 6 girls for our friends hen do.. which involves a lot of walking and not that much eating.. if it wasn't for the alcohol i'd be sure im losing weight already :p

Tomorrow we are going back and i ll be having as much food as I want throughout the day but no carbs and a cambridge choc mint bar :) Can't wait to start!

How are you getting on?

Sopsop
Xxz

Back