Shrinking violet wants to shrink

So coming in here to help shift postpartum weight. Really struggled and my lo is coming 7 months and I’ve lost nothing. Not to distraught as it was this stage with my first that I was able to start losing when she started weaning. However struggling with a flare up of my autoimmune as well. Anyways started last week at 208 and am 205 today. Really aiming for the water weight to drop soon.

My aim is quite ambitious- by 3rd August I want to have lost 40lbs and be at 168. I’m hoping that I’ll have a stone gone by next Friday so that leaves 7 weeks to lose 26lbs so average 3.5lbs a week. My motivation is I’ll be returning to week shortly after that part time and I adjust my second goal is to lose 8lbs in Aug/sept/Oct each to bring me to 144 and hopefully hit 140 by 11th Nov for the babas first birthday.

201.2 today so some of the water weight is shifting. Good day yesterday, even braved a Lidl shop and I was hungry so grabbed some nuts and a 7up free in another shop before going in which stopped me from buying anything off list.

Very motivated nearly the first 1/2 stone off. Would like to cross out of the 200’s over the next 2 days. I normally weigh in most days tends to be every other day so sorry if Islam with that. I won’t food diary here as I use mfp to track this is for motivation and support. Maybe someday I’ll have the courage to post my before pics!

Lost another lb so didn’t cross into 190s but can see the difference and am a bit swollen with tackling stripping my units to paint and making a chalkboard to cover a space in a wall. Gonna keep busy today and maybe tackle first coat in the doors I’ve stripped and hopefully tomorrow I’ll see a little more of a drop.

Excited as I’ve bought a few different meal provisions so perhaps try some mango chicken this evening!

Welcome Shrinkingvioletnomore and well done on your weight loss👏👏👏

Thank you, it’s nice to be appreciated :classic_smile:

Sometimes a new fresh start can help to focus on the road ahead.

How is the painting going?

Thank you, it’s nice to be appreciated :classic_smile:

Sometimes a new fresh start can help to focus on the road ahead.

How is the painting going?

First couple have the first coat on them but as it’s chipboard underneath where it was glued the textures awful so will take a bit of work to get them looking ok and then will crack on with the others as I’ll have a better technique!

Definitely I’ve forgotten what it’s like to be as big ( though bigger than I’ve ever been) and with my autoimmune it’s not good so good motivation when I get to the stage I’m maintaining!

Yippie crossed the century today now 198.6. Just shy of 10lbs off! Got some mini goals for next few days. Firstly hope for Sunday to have the .6 off and that’s a 10lb loss. Then hoping to have another 2lb off to cross into the 13’s. and by Friday as my original goal was to then another 2lb to reach the stone off! It’s ambitious but I know it’s a lot of water weight and so possible and then weekly losses will be more in the 2/4lbs max range for the following few weeks and taper but I can see the difference myself in my face ( starting to recognise it again) and my clothes aren’t quite as tight so looking forward maybe in a few weeks to maybe start to look ok in them and maybe even fit in some other items cause I’m really restricted to what I can wear when breastfeeding!

A loss is a loss :D still amazing!

I'm pretty happy with my results so far, hoping to lose 4lbs by the end of this week, but tend to loosen up a bit on diet at the weekend which I need to avoid doing!

A loss is a loss :D still amazing!

I'm pretty happy with my results so far, hoping to lose 4lbs by the end of this week, but tend to loosen up a bit on diet at the weekend which I need to avoid doing!

Oh definitely I’m delighted.

Well done and fingers crossed for you! Loosening up I think is fine if you are able to go back on during the week and it’s a little something to look forward to. I’m an all or nothing kind of girl so if I let go I may not get back on. After a few weeks once I’m well on
Track and have hit a goal I allow myself a couple of squares of chocolate a day but that’s a little but away yet 😂

Thank you! You’ve an amazing loss so far you most be so pleased!

Thanks, I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter! Have managed to keep ''some'' of the weight off for a while, but it's time to get the rest off ...yet again! 😂 Gotta keep trying!

Thanks, I'm a bit of a yo-yo dieter! Have managed to keep ''some'' of the weight off for a while, but it's time to get the rest off ...yet again! 😂 Gotta keep trying!

I’ve had a couple of lapses of maybe 15/ 20 lbs and dropped them again so understand. I’m on now trying to shift the baby weight and some put on before after miscarriages but I’m total I’ve a long way to go but remembered this site was what always got me back on anytime I fell off the wagon!

Happy days am 196.4 today so only .7 off leaving the 14s for ever! I’ve 2.4 to go to have a stone lost so hoping I’ll reach that Wednesday. Feeling motivated- we were coming down with treats yesterday as family visited yesterday and we’d pizzas and a big dinner we served out plus I had to bring my daughter to out of hours at the hospital so I’d plenty of excuses.

Well done! It’s great leaving another stone bracket behind😀 I’m trying not to go back into the 13’s - it’s borderline 😂

Aw thank you! It’s absolutely celebrating each mini goal. My overall goal is huge so taking each mini one in smaller time frames keeps me going! What’s your approach?

Ah to be in the 12s again!! You’ve had such an amazing loss so far and your body needs to acclimate to it.

Aw thank you! It’s absolutely celebrating each mini goal. My overall goal is huge so taking each mini one in smaller time frames keeps me going! What’s your approach?

Ah to be in the 12s again!! You’ve had such an amazing loss so far and your body needs to acclimate to it.

Any goal however small is worth celebrating! 👍 :D
Haha, my body has been trying to climatise for decades! The amount of times my weight has gone up and down over the years is unreal😂
My heaviest ''seen'' weight on the scales 17st...and the lowest back in the early 90's ...9st ! the past ''decade'' seems to be up and down between 15st and 11st......last saw 10st 11 last August when I did well then went on holiday and couldn't stop eating all the really tasty stuff🙄😂
So now back at 13st trying to get back down again...such is life...and the story of my life...but I won't give up!

My approach is calorie counting lately (have done Slimming world on and off for years -that works too if followed to the book) (i now prefer calorie counting as I feel nothing is excluded and if it fits my calories i will have it !) and trying to work in some exercise, whether it be a walk or something else, I don't have my calories too low, no point in going hungry!
But i'm on approx 1700 calories and 5-10k steps (fitbit) if i do more steps/workouts my calories will go up to about 2000/2100 - i don't always stick to that depends how my appetite is, but knowing I have enough calories if i want them is good :)
I do occasionally go on a binge (usually chocolate! but that's not because i'm hungry it's more my 'feelings' ...boredom...upset...etc

But anyway, I calorie count using Myfitnesspal, have exercise and steps logged using my fitbit and also use mapmyfitness app to log walks and exercise too.

you just have to find what works for you, what is sustainable and you could stick with as a lifestyle, and makes you feel good too IMO :)

Back