Shrinking violet wants to shrink

Any goal however small is worth celebrating! 👍 :D
Haha, my body has been trying to climatise for decades! The amount of times my weight has gone up and down over the years is unreal😂
My heaviest ''seen'' weight on the scales 17st...and the lowest back in the early 90's ...9st ! the past ''decade'' seems to be up and down between 15st and 11st......last saw 10st 11 last August when I did well then went on holiday and couldn't stop eating all the really tasty stuff🙄😂
So now back at 13st trying to get back down again...such is life...and the story of my life...but I won't give up!

My approach is calorie counting lately (have done Slimming world on and off for years -that works too if followed to the book) (i now prefer calorie counting as I feel nothing is excluded and if it fits my calories i will have it !) and trying to work in some exercise, whether it be a walk or something else, I don't have my calories too low, no point in going hungry!
But i'm on approx 1700 calories and 5-10k steps (fitbit) if i do more steps/workouts my calories will go up to about 2000/2100 - i don't always stick to that depends how my appetite is, but knowing I have enough calories if i want them is good :)
I do occasionally go on a binge (usually chocolate! but that's not because i'm hungry it's more my 'feelings' ...boredom...upset...etc

But anyway, I calorie count using Myfitnesspal, have exercise and steps logged using my fitbit and also use mapmyfitness app to log walks and exercise too.

you just have to find what works for you, what is sustainable and you could stick with as a lifestyle, and makes you feel good too IMO :)

Oh I’m very much an emotional eater also. It sounds like you really have it sussed. I’m calorie counting as you can’t do vlcd/keto when breastfeeding so I need to factor in calories to account for that. My bmr is quite low though as I’m not that Mobile currently due to my autoimmune and so my allowance is lower to achieve a 3lb a week loss for the first stage anyhow.

How long have you been back for the second phase? I don’t intend to take a break simply change tack to as I’ll be back at work and will add in gym etc but I’ve a good 4 stone to go this side of Christmas so a change midway I think might be a good tactic...

I've not been back here on minimins long, but yes, it's all very well having things sussed and knowing what to do, it's just sticking with it, or getting back to it after any slips ups :)
I will be back at work in 2 weeks hopefully after being off work for 4 months having had a knee replacement op in feb this year.....and I will have to get back into another routine and be a bit more organised again:confused:

I've not been back here on minimins long, but yes, it's all very well having things sussed and knowing what to do, it's just sticking with it, or getting back to it after any slips ups :)
I will be back at work in 2 weeks hopefully after being off work for 4 months having had a knee replacement op in feb this year.....and I will have to get back into another routine and be a bit more organised again:confused:

I admit it’s easier when working as you’re distracted more so hopefully that will go for you and totally agree I know exactly how to but it’s having the will to stick with it when hurdles appear. I must download my affirmations to read when struggling.

Today is my first hurdle as I’ve checked in and gained a lb 🙈🙈🙈 been 100% yesterday so it can only be that I haven’t had a bm (sorry if tmi) since fri evening so I need to up the fat today, I’ll do poached eggs for lunch as between that and I react due to slight allergy (they’re too nice to cut out) I should hopefully see that resolved and maybe get to cross into the 13s.

My aim for next Monday (end of proper week 2) is still ambitious I’m hoping to be around 191 so I’ll have passed the first stone loss and will be sitting pretty to move into 180s the following week. Got plenty of wee jobs to do next few days on top of looking after a live wire 6 month old and home school a 7 yo in a language I don’t speak 😂😂 will finish painting utility cupboards, paint and put frame on blackboard, regasket the external doors and teach myself how to tile to put a splash back in utility 😂😂😂 hoping my joiner is able to put my doors on next week as that’ll keep me busy as it takes about a day a door to prep and paint so that’ll be 6 full days work and with hubby back working about 4 days a week that’ll keep me busy a couple of weeks. Plus smaller jobs like tidying door joins up. Hopefully the physical side of doing it will burn some calories as well!

haha about the TMI and the foreign language😂
Sounds like you got a lot to keep you busy! All makes towards a good week:D

I know but thankfully I was right as I was 195.6 this morning so now I’m the 13s ( by the skin of my teeth) so goodbye to the 14s forever! I know I do have a bit of gra for it but adds a complication having to translate work before helping 😂😂

Plus on the good side of news as well joiner in tomorrow so will be able to keep busy and away from temptation!!!

So I’m now 154.6 since Thursday and stalled a little. Been busy with joiner in and spent yesterday sugar soaping, power sanding and this morning white spiriting 5 doors layered in varnished 😂 spent this morning doing another hoover up and mop to try and lift most of the dust but will probably spend today cleaning the rooms and getting all the dust gone before starting painting tomorrow- plenty of calories to burn 🙈😂

Still hopeful I’ll get near the 5lb loss this week to set me up well for next week as ive 2 more days to go and I’ve been smashing my calorie goals even with a galaxy bar to reward busting my ass off yesterday!

Woo goo got my stone mark today 😁 14.4 off and the first person noticed my dad 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Well chuffed. Tomorrow is weekly wi so I’d really really love another lb to 192.6 so that I’m still potentially able to cross into the 180s next week. Still optimistic to lose another 2 stone before returning from mat leave I’ve 9 weeks at 3 per week so definitely doable but hitting my original 3.5 stone goal might just be too optimistic 😂😂

Didn’t get my extra lb. Not too worried as I know I’ve been well on track and hoping for a woosh week. Spent 7 hours paint doors yesterday so that’s a good 2,100 calls burnt so that’ll maybe help- probably take today off painting if hubby isn’t needed in work tomorrow and just clean.

Also pretty happy starting to see non scale victories as well. First obviously my dad noticed, today I seen a difference even in last few days in the mirror plus my face, knees and toes I can see loss on (random but I’ll take it). A big one is that my lower back pain in the morning is significantly reduced and my flare up is slightly dampened particularly knee and foot pain ( probably why I see the difference as less inflammation equals less swelling 😂😂).

Gonna keep motoring on this week hoping for a good loss- 4lb would bring me into the 180s and set me up to hit 1.5stone loss following week! I’d say I’ve another 30 hours painting to finish off the doors so that’s a good 2.5lb burnt there 😂😂 aiming to have them finished for the weekend and then I’ll start on the surrounds which is another 10 hours for both coats so that’s next weeks project along with the tiling. Onwards and downwards

Would you like to come and paint my house. I haven't done it since I moved in 2013 and 14 so it really needs doing now. Every room is going to be done during the Summer holidays. I have started stripping the woodwork as I don't want to keep having to paint it. Getting to old to keep on top of it.

Well done on your stone off and to your dad on noticing your weight loss. :)

Would you like to come and paint my house. I haven't done it since I moved in 2013 and 14 so it really needs doing now. Every room is going to be done during the Summer holidays. I have started stripping the woodwork as I don't want to keep having to paint it. Getting to old to keep on top of it.

Well done on your stone off and to your dad on noticing your weight loss. :)

Lol I only do the woodwork hubby does the walls as I’ve a few rooms lined up for him
To do once I’m on top of this 😂 it’s hard work but really does burn calories!!

No bm yet 😂🙈😂 sorry tmi but at least yesterday’s gain has gone with a wee 1/2 lb so 193.2. Not much but better than the other way. Alway remember a poem I has when I was first doing lipotrim- only a pound it really kept me focused when I’d small losses and held me firm until I got my wish week!

Anyhow away to get a couple of hours painting in as hubby has some work on next 2 days so I’ll not get much done then with the kids bar maybe during nap time for an hour or so so hope to roller last door today and maybe get 3/4 of them cut in for the second coat. Would be nice to be finished for Father’s Day as everything’s topsy turvy with furniture everywhere 😂

Only One Pound" Poem
Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

Lol so a bit prophetic I lost a lb 😂😂😂 but happy as that 1.5 and 4 days to weekly wi so hopefully I get a whoosh week but either way I’ll not be a kick in the area off the 180s! Staying motivated as I know day 3, week 3 and month 3 are mental hurdles! Bought a 2 in 1 cross trainer yesterday for £40 - absolute bargain- the girl had leas than 7k on the odometer so never used it and I save over £200 on it she only got it last year 🙌🏽😁

Very unfit though and I want a stone off before introducing exercise to protect impact on my joints so I’ll only start currently with 5 mins every other day to get used to it and build up next week to every day and then the week after up to 10 mins 4 times so that by that stage I’m able to actually start building some fitness and burning additional calories in anticipation of returning to work and I won’t be so unfit when using the work gym 👀👀

Well fell off that wagon had a terrible 6 months and went way up.
Job was given to my mat cover and hated work, some esteem issues surrounding husband and various others. Anyhow back on just over 2 weeks and hugely motivated.
Will put where I am now in a separate post.

So re started on the 28/29th April and had a good start.doing lighterlife but bringing in some other plans meal replacements. Loss so far 19.8lbs and weekly weigh ins are a Wednesday so hopefully hit the 1.5 stone off for wed. My overall end aim is just shy of 100lbs but aiming for 90lb off then long refeed to slowly lose the last 10lb.
On average vlcd losses I will be on to mid November so it’s a long road abs hoping that as I’m starting much higher it’ll come off quicker.

my first mini goal is 2st off for 5th june for my daughters communion which was brought forward 3 months. Think that’s achievable as it’s 3 weeks for 8lbs. Next mini goal is 5st for start of September for our friends wedding. I will break from plan that day as if I have 70lbs of I think I throughly deserve it 😂

then back on and refeed likely November.

found an old after pic of me here on these forums and that motivated me sooo much!

So re started on the 28/29th April and had a good start.doing lighterlife but bringing in some other plans meal replacements. Loss so far 19.8lbs and weekly weigh ins are a Wednesday so hopefully hit the 1.5 stone off for wed. My overall end aim is just shy of 100lbs but aiming for 90lb off then long refeed to slowly lose the last 10lb.
On average vlcd losses I will be on to mid November so it’s a long road abs hoping that as I’m starting much higher it’ll come off quicker.

my first mini goal is 2st off for 5th june for my daughters communion which was brought forward 3 months. Think that’s achievable as it’s 3 weeks for 8lbs. Next mini goal is 5st for start of September for our friends wedding. I will break from plan that day as if I have 70lbs of I think I throughly deserve it 😂

then back on and refeed likely November.

found an old after pic of me here on these forums and that motivated me sooo much!
Hi :)
How are you getting on?

Hi :)
How are you getting on?
I realised my journal was in the wrong place so created a new one called ramblings of a vlcd life. Getting in well. Slightly behind where I’d hoped to be due to one week a 2lb gain 🙈 but otherwise nicely averaging 3lb per week. Have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks. Hoping to pass the 2 stone Mark week 6 and hoping to continue the minimum 3lb loss per week

how are you!?

I realised my journal was in the wrong place so created a new one called ramblings of a vlcd life. Getting in well. Slightly behind where I’d hoped to be due to one week a 2lb gain 🙈 but otherwise nicely averaging 3lb per week. Have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks. Hoping to pass the 2 stone Mark week 6 and hoping to continue the minimum 3lb loss per week

how are you!?
Wow that is fantastic ! Well done
Such amazing results
I intend to start my vlcd on Sunday - have pre arranged commitments I can’t get out of tomorrow, and they involve copious amounts of food ! I find reading there posts very motivating so will keep checking your posts on your new thread xx

Wow that is fantastic ! Well done
Such amazing results
I intend to start my vlcd on Sunday - have pre arranged commitments I can’t get out of tomorrow, and they involve copious amounts of food ! I find reading there posts very motivating so will keep checking your posts on your new thread xx
Aw thank you! Wise move and give me a shout if you need any support x

Back