Shrinki's low carb food diary

So glad u liked the scrambled eggs and cheese - it's awful to think that I'd suggest somethig and others don't like it!!

I once suggested a philidelphia and jam toasted sandwhich to a friend (I loved these) and she actually threw up!' lol I finished it off for her I think hehe :)

Glad yr eating easier today, even if not perfect! Am so jealous of the mcdonalds trips!!
Think going to do atkins over summer holidays so making note of what u eat now and planning it in.
I just don't know of msdonalds do those types of burgers here?! I'm def a 'big mac' girls ;-) xxx

WI week 2 - day 3
-3.2 :eek: (-5 so far week 2)

The only advantage to chronic pain.

My back tooth behind the treated one is very painful. I called the dentist and I need to go this afternoon for another root canal :-(. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Bless you ...you are really going through it Jane
Can I suggest you hold off having the third root canal untill the pain from the other 2 has subsided as I think this could just be referred pain as the whole side of that jaw will be infected atm Jane....give it a few more days to settle
Have you been given AB's ?
Incase your wondering Jane...Before I had me son I was a trained Dental Nurse so I'm a bit dubious of all these root canals as they can make teeth brittle and prone to braking and should only be done as a last result

Hi Kals, just got back from having the root canal and read your message :doh:

He said it was very inflamed and calcified and that the bone underneath is effected which he will discuss with me next time. I am now worried he is going to suggest I have the tooth removed. Do you know what it could all mean? To be honest, I think it was this tooth that was always causing the problem but I am no dentist. I do have anti-bs. Strong ones that you only take for three days.

Am totally fed up with it all and just hope I wake up tomorrow pain free.

Jxx

Hi Jane...

Sounds like the infection has travel down the root of your tooth and caused the inflamation once that has established itself it can cause bone loss and ultimately your teeth can become loose and fall out...once the infection has started its pretty hard to pin point which tooth caused the problem
Obviously any damage you may have suffered is not reversable but with treatment it can be stopped from progressing.. Firstly he should take a panoramic xray of your mouth to see just how much bone loss you have suffered and he should already be treating the inflamation with AB's ( which he is )..then depending on the xray findings he will then plan a course of action
Hopefully the imflamation has been caught early and apart from the AB's no other treatment wil be needed ....

Well the pain reduced by 80% after taking the anti-bs so that makes sense. My ear was agony too and that has gone now. Oh gawd, I really hope that they have found it in time.... Put it this way, I will take a lot of convincing to start pulling teeth and to be honest, would probably continue with dental care in the Uk as it would be cheaper to fly over especially for the appt and I am there 3-5 times a year anyway. I am considering doing that anyway but I guess I will run in to real problems if I need an emergency appt like I have three times this week..... Thanks for the advice Hun Xx

On the positive side, I have just realised I am within two stone of my good weight! I am just 2.2 pounds heavier than when I got married.

Food today has been:
B - jelly and cream
L - avocado and prawns with vinegarette
D - will be McDs burgers again. Can't be ar$ed to cook and just want something really tasty. I want stuffed peppers but don't think I'll be able to eat them. Will make the meat mix ready for tomorrow. Here's to being optimistic!

Edited to say I really need some carbs now so will heat up some of my cauliflower cheese and mush it up really well so I don't have to chew it at all. I will have with the burger/s from McDs.

Last edited:
shrinki said:
Well the pain reduced by 80% after taking the anti-bs so that makes sense. My ear was agony too and that has gone now. Oh gawd, I really hope that they have found it in time.... Put it this way, I will take a lot of convincing to start pulling teeth and to be honest, would probably continue with dental care in the Uk as it would be cheaper to fly over especially for the appt and I am there 3-5 times a year anyway. I am considering doing that anyway but I guess I will run in to real problems if I need an emergency appt like I have three times this week..... Thanks for the advice Hun Xx

That is a good sign Jane
I think its highly likely its been caught intime x

shrinki said:
On the positive side, I have just realised I am within two stone of my good weight! I am just 2.2 pounds heavier than when I got married.

Food today has been:
B - jelly and cream
L - avocado and prawns with vinegarette
D - will be McDs burgers again. Can't be ar$ed to cook and just want something really tasty. I want stuffed peppers but don't think I'll be able to eat them. Will make the meat mix ready for tomorrow. Here's to being optimistic!

Brilliant news x

Hello Jane... You have been in so much pain!! Bless you! Hope you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel !! Great news in the loss !! Thank goodness that's happened to help cheer you up a bit! Xxx

Alpaca said:
Hello Jane... You have been in so much pain!! Bless you! Hope you start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel !! Great news in the loss !! Thank goodness that's happened to help cheer you up a bit! Xxx

Thanks Hun xxx

Morning all,
Mouth finally fixed I think. Just aching rather than pain which I believe is completely normal. I'm hoping to be able to eat a normal meal tonight. Going to make a beef stew in the crock pot so that shouldn't take too much chewing. Will have with runner beans.

Daily WI +2 (loss since Monday 3 pounds)

I didn't eat anything off plan so this is either water retention or an adjustment after the 3.2 loss yesterday - maybe I was a bit dehydrated or something.

I am actually not annoyed at all as was a little worried about the drop yesterday - especially as I have hardly eaten. Am happy with the 3 pound loss so far - my target for this week was 2-4 pounds.

I have only been doing Atkins for 11 days and have lost half a stone! And that is after dieting for several months. Very happy and still no cravings at all.

I can eat again!!!

B - slices of roast beef with mustard and 5 slices cucumber.

Also, fatboy hammock has just arrived. It's been blazing sunshine all week and the day it arrives it's raining! Typical! Still, hopefully will be nice weather tomorrow.

Thank goodness your mouth is on the mend! You'll lose those pounds once you balance the eating out again xxx

Thanks Alpaca xx

Well normal eating is resuming today :-D

This morning I had the roast beef slices with mustard and 5 slices cucumber.

For lunch I had a prawn cocktail (sauce was mayo, one carb ketchup and dash of encona hot sauce. Chopped cucumber and one spring onion sliced then prawns and then dressing. Yum!

image-1167097420.jpg

Now having coffee with dash of cream.

I'm making Hungarian goulash in the crockpot (a low carb recipe) which I will serve with cheesy cauliflower mash.

Prawn cocktail looks so delicious ! Xx

Back