*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

Hello everyone how are we all today? im feeling better today got lots of uni work to keep me going lol. i was just wondering has anybody had a week of the cd plan yet? im going away with friends next week and was going to go it alone for a week with a sensible eating plan then back on the plan on the 24th may.!

shan x sunshine singer where are u going nice for xmas then??

After a mixed week i have been for my weigh in and lost 2lbs.

It was a mixed week because we went out on both Saturday and Sunday and so those 2 days were not diet days as it were.

It is also my TOTM so i was very anxious when i got on the scales this morning. I am happy with a total loss of 10lbs so far.

Its been a stressful week and i have not been drinking anywhere near enough. No wonder i have felt tired as well as stressed.

Its nice to read all of you are having a bit more success than me. I cannot get on here as often as i would like but you do all still motivate me not to fall off the wagon for all 7 days.

As long as i lose every week then i will be happy.

Hope you all have a great day xxx

after being off and on for a very stressful week, i pledge to be 100% ss for this weekend. i need small steps and think this is the way to go for me.
i will keep you posted, lost 2lb, taking me to 12.13, which is cool as im in the 12s now, hehe
tx

Hiya Scojos, well done on the 2lbs.

Have you noticed that we are going for the same goal?

154 is the joint target!!! Fab!:D

Tryin to keep myself busy but feelin really fed up today. Gonna stay 100% though as most of the day is over anyway. I find that every wk its always the 6th day (sat) that i get weak and start picking....but not this sat. I think if i keep repeating it in my head i will stay strong....
Focus...focus...9st....focus.....!

Hello Hello Hello Lovely Shrinklies!

Just back from a mega successful shopping trip and catching up on your Saturday news.

So, first things first (I have a feeling this may be a marathon post!) - Lemma, Scojos and Sunshine, muchos congratulashos on your losses! Yazz and the Plastic Population tried to tell us that the Only Way Is Up - we Shrinklies know The Only Way is Down!!! :D

Wannabe - good to have you here again. Hope the BBQ goes well and isn't too tempting! Well done for getting into the right head space - it takes a lot of energy and strength. We're all behind you.

Shanny - hope the uni work is going ok. What are you studying? I haven't done a week of CD yet, but am planning to have a long weekend (prob 3 days) off at the end of June. Am going to eat sensibly but will definitely be partaking of a few alcholic refreshments so no idea what it'll do to my loss/gain! I have a feeling I'll be a cheap date though as don't think I'll be eating as much as I used to and with not having had any alcohol for 10 weeks by that point, I think I'll have 2 and be under the table!

FFBT (I refuse to shorten your name to Fatty!) - sorry you're feeling fed up, chick. Well done for spotting the pattern of every 6th day though - sometimes it's so easy not to notice those kinds of things. What do you have planned for tonight? Hope it's something nice to make you feel a bit better.

Sorry I haven't been sharing my usual amount of ramblings with you over the last few days - its just been a bit non stop here. Should be quieter now. Off round to a friend's tonight so we can have a Casanova night. Much drooling over David Tennant - yum!

No damage done in Ikea to the weight pounds and very little (surprisingly!) to the money pounds! However, my friend, A, who I was with did a fair amount of damage. Don't think her husband will let me go back with her again! And I had all the joy of shopping for clothes without actually buying any for me as it was A's birthday shopping spree. She never spends any time/money on herself so I wanted to buy her something nice to wear. Managed to do that and she got into the spirit of it and bought herself some additional clothes with birthday money she got from her mum. So all in all, a very successful day!

Right, I think Minimins will chuck me off for writing too much, and you've all probably very wisely stopped reading anyway!

Thelmz x

Well day one is just about over. Just having my last shake of the day and I have bee4n fine today, not feeling too hungry like I expected I would, had a few sromach growls but nothing that has made me even think about caving.

Go to my mums on a Sat for tea so that was a test, she of course thinks I am being very stupid and that its dangerous blkah blah blah and all i said was that when im thin she'll see that it was worth it. Her reply, soon as you start eating it'll all go straight back on :mad:

Congratulations Mumto4 - you're doing really well. People are strange though - especially ones who care about you. You said exactly the right thing to her and you know what you're doing and why. As for the weight all going back on...well, how many of us have dieted in what's considered a 'normal' way and kept the weight off?? I think that if we're doing CD then we know how much of an effort it is so if we're being good to ourselves, then we won't want to waste all that energy and determination by putting it all back on again.

Keep positive and don't let them knock your resolve!

Shrinklie Power!!!

Heeeellloo well i had plans to go clubbing tonigt put i havent finished this work so staying in now glad in a way cuz i may have cheated afterwards with chips lol im going to have my last shake at 7pm then an early night at 9:00 keep me away from food lol.
Thelma i go to uni one day a week thank god, and studying social care, i work in a primary school full time.So very busy at the moment i havent been out today stuck in doors but stuck to the plan.! Thelma u have had a vey busy day chic.x

Hi everyone, looks like some of us have had a good week and some not so good. But the main thing is that we are all going in the right direction and it's great to see so many back here.

I've had a fab day. My otherhalf suprised me with having the morning off. We've booked Alton Towers and are leaving at 5.30am in the morning. There for 1 night, 2 days. It'll be great fun and so nice to focus on activities and not food this year for my birthday. Only snag is,as this was so last minute, I haven't got enough shakes and will have to bring soups with me and see if they'll make them up for me!! I have 2 bars left tho which is lucky. I'll have a porridge before we leave. Just planning on drinking loads of water and having so much fun that i won't be thinking about food.

Then I went shopping...........it's so fab when you try things on and actually have a choice of things that fit. Bought some tops and I had a bra fitting - i'm still a D but now a 32D (instead of 34D and before WW I was 36D). Would be nice if I could keep my boobs but anytime I lose weight they always go. I'm so excited, I feel so much smaller. Half way there for me so keeping the focus of that goal.

So apart from packing for Alton Towers tonight, Im gonna relax and enjoy having the place to myself. I just hope I won't go stupid when we're away. I don't understand why we can't have eggs on 810. Gonna text my CDC now and check with her....just in case I get stuck.

I need all your Shrinklie Positive Power Vibes coming my way. I'll think of you guys if I want a mad moment. Losing this stone is too good to ruin with silly unmentionable food for 5 mins. xxx

ps- did you try the mint tea FFBT ?

It has been a busy day, Shanny, but here's hoping all the walking around Ikea etc will have used up some more calories! :D

You've been busy too though! You must work hard all week though between your job and studying. Hope you're managing to get some time to chill this weekend too! That's too bad that you're not getting out tonight. I can totally relate to the potential cheating risk though!

What a lovely surprise, Sunshine! You have a very thoughtful OH! If I remember correctly, it's Monday that's your actual birthday, isn't it?? Hope you have a terrific time. We'll be thinking about you. I'm sure if you go on enough scary rides your tummy will be so all over the place that it won't want unmentionable food near it! lol :D

So, here's your plan: when the people controlling the ride say "Scream if you wanna go faster!", you just scream at the top of your voice!!! It'll do your tummy no good at all but your waist line lots of good! :D x

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people. ~Orson Welles

Last edited:
Hi Everybody

Love the quote FFBT. I learn so much on here. I'm disapointed to read that there are no eggs on the 810 as eggs are one of the things I really miss on SS.
Anyway I have had my 4th weigh in and was astounded to discover that I have managed a stone in 29 days! My waist has shrunk from a 34 to 30 which puts me back in the healthy zone. I work for the NHS and I hate to tell people about health BMIs and waist measurements (for heart disease risk) when I haven't been complying myself! Although I know other doctors who are worse offenders!

I can't remember when our month started and runs to for the Shrinklie challenge as I will have to hope I can achieve that too. Can anyone remind me of the dates?

I have recently discovered iced cappucino shake with a heaped spoon of gol blend in - absolutely gorgeous - I think I got the idea from a thread on here - it certainly has helped. My other favourite is basil added to spicy tomato soup. This is so nice I may continue this indefinately as my lunch in order to manage my weight after I have got to goal.

Keep it up - there's a whole evening of cheesey TV to distract ourselves with. :)

Right Sunshine....
Stay focused, I will need a full report :flamingmad: when your back and I would like to hear youve been 100% :angel09: . Remind yourself that tackling your weight is your choice :devilangel: and NO food tastes better than the feeling of being happy with yourself :winner: . Its just not worth putting all that hard work and then loosing control :nono: . Remember, abstinence isnt forever, youll be eating great food soon again :eating: . Youve got your shrinklie challenge to smash and your Dublin trips comin up very soon.
Babe, you dont need food to enjoy yourself. Your a girl on a mission....and the mission is 9st. Repeat 9st! :D

I know you can do this. Make yourself proud. :queen:

ps: I will be thinking of you... :thinking2:

Thanks FFBT. I will keep all of that in mind. My CDC said eggs as a one off on 810 shouldn't do me any harm so at least I can join in at breakfast and OH will be happy to eat what I can't. Really excited now, all packed, need to have my last sachet now. I'll be back on here in no time telling you how i stayed on track!!!! (unless they have wireless and in that case I might a few mins to pop on and say hello). No scales and no Shrinklies..........eek :0) hahahhahaha

Thelma...... I have my quelles packed....gotta take travel sick tablets or i'd say I'll be totally light headed on those rides.. hehehhee Glad Ikea was fun.

Been really nice to hear from everyone else earlier too,

Be good xxx

Right everyone, I'm wishing you all a brilliant Slimming Sunday for tomorrow. Lets stay on track together. FFBT I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.......... if you're still not then email your CDC and ask for advice. That's what they're there for and they do come up with great advice with all their experience.

So have a SLIMMING SUNDAY from me and enjoy what ever you're doing. Go try on some of your old clothes and see if they fit!!!!!

:grouphugg:​

Have a wonderful birthday weekend Sunshine. All that walking round Alton Towers should do the trick. Just think, if you eat not only could it affect your weight loss but you could end up throwing up on the big dipper rides!!!!!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!;)

Thanks Lemma, what a lovely thought to end the day on hehehehehehehe. I'd forgotten about the walking around. I have no intension of drifting off plan, can't deal with my head after!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back