>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

I never joined the group :(
But just to say, I Just got my six stone award on wednesday, having started in march this year :)

gazter said:
I never joined the group :(
But just to say, I Just got my six stone award on wednesday, having started in march this year :)

Wow that's amazing very quick!

Not lurking.. but I've been offline for ages. Back now! 2lb to go for my 4stone. And I now weigh under 200lb for the first time since I was a teen haha

Not lurking.. but I've been offline for ages. Back now! 2lb to go for my 4stone. And I now weigh under 200lb for the first time since I was a teen haha

Congrats on the 200lb thing. It is something I am looking for but it feels quite a way away at the moment.

Congrats on the 200lb thing. It is something I am looking for but it feels quite a way away at the moment.

Sometimes this weight loss thing seems like a mountain to climb, doesn't it? But looking at your stats, that 200lb mark is coming up fast. And to have lost over 6st!! Amazing! I have 5st left to lose, and when I think of it that way, it makes me wonder if I'll ever get there. But with almost 4st lost, and aiming for another 2 by Xmas, I'll get there eventually. So will you!

Sometimes this weight loss thing seems like a mountain to climb, doesn't it? But looking at your stats, that 200lb mark is coming up fast. And to have lost over 6st!! Amazing! I have 5st left to lose, and when I think of it that way, it makes me wonder if I'll ever get there. But with almost 4st lost, and aiming for another 2 by Xmas, I'll get there eventually. So will you!

To go from 46 to 36 bmi though you must have gone through a huge change, and everyone will have noticed !

I have found it hasnt slowed down yet, hopefully for you it will be the same. Keep that four stone in mind every day. You have got half way up the mountain. You are only a couple of stone off me!

That other five stone seems a lot, but if you care about what others think about you, dont worry, you are only a few stone away from reaching that level in which people no longer think of you as fat!

Seriously its weird. My BMI is just under obese, so I am at the top end of overweight. When people talk to me about weight loss (which everyone does, repeatedly, all the time. I have had about fifty different conversations with different people today about weight loss and its only 5.00 in the afternoon), the general assumption is now, that I have lost all that needs to be lost. Which is crazy, i have a flabby belly, huge legs etc. To get to perfect BMI, i would need to lose another three and a half stone.

When I tell them that I am hoping to lose another couple of stone, I get aghast looks, surely I dont need to lose anymore?

That's what's in store for you soon, another couple of stones and people will not think of you as fat. It is incredibly liberating. You might think you have five stone to lose, but your appearance will change dramatically very soon :)

I really hope it does, Gazter! I have the most desperate stage-fright, and I've always put it down to my size and being so self-conscious. Plus, after having three kids, I have the "apron" that I don't think will ever go away, no matter how I slim down. I guess I've been lucky in that I'm big all over, not just in one awful looking problem area, so I'm losing it all over, rather than that one area, so I haven't really seen much of a change yet, other than my upper arms not looking question marks when my arms are by my sides haha.

When I told a friend of mine at the beginning that I wanted to be 9st, which involved losing 9st, half of myself, she was shocked, and told me I'd look ill. But according to any chart I've checked out, at 5'2", the lowest I can go without being under-weight is 7st 11lb, and the highest without being over-weight is almost 10st, so 9st seems about right. If it happens that I get to 10st or even 11st and am happy, I'll be glad to stop losing lol but until I have more of an idea of my shape under all this flab, I'll keep going.

I know what you mean about the constant conversations about weight loss. It gets boring and repetitive. There's only so many times you can tell someone how you're doing it, or what you want to weigh, or how much you've lost. I find when you're talking about it all the time, it seems all the longer lol

I did slow down... I had lost 2st between Sept and Dec 2011, but have spent the last 8 months figging about and just being good/bad/good/bad and mostly maintaining, so that's why I slowed down. I got my head in the game and rejoined group a month ago and have lost a stone since then, so it's sped up again because I'm focused.

Here's to the next 5st not taking a year haha

Wow Mandy well done you I know what you mean I too want to lose another 5 stone I'm 2 lb off 4stone but somehow can't get there I've been 100% on plan not having all my syns and doing lots of exercise but I've only lost 1.5lb and looking like I won't get that shiny sticker tomorrow at WI either!! I don't get it don't get me wrong i'm happy it's coming off but I got my 3 stone back in may and I have gone up and down due to social events but getting very frustrated and disheartened that it's nit shifting despite not "cheating" not even pinched a chip nothing!!!! aHhhhhhhhhh :(

Wow Mandy well done you I know what you mean I too want to lose another 5 stone I'm 2 lb off 4stone but somehow can't get there I've been 100% on plan not having all my syns and doing lots of exercise but I've only lost 1.5lb and looking like I won't get that shiny sticker tomorrow at WI either!! I don't get it don't get me wrong i'm happy it's coming off but I got my 3 stone back in may and I have gone up and down due to social events but getting very frustrated and disheartened that it's nit shifting despite not "cheating" not even pinched a chip nothing!!!! aHhhhhhhhhh :(

Some people are slow losers, that's the way it is. It is possible you are not eating enough. If you are following the diet at your weight, 100%, you could expect anything between 1 1/2 and 3lb per week, week in week out. It can be odd though, the week i do really well, isnt always the week i have been the most strict. Your metabolism can drop if you dont eat enough. It is easy by being too strict on yourself to hit the low threshold on SW. I know I have a few times. It didnt help with the weightloss either.

It's also possible you could have a thyroid problem.. Dont dismiss it, i got some bloods done the other day, any mine was slighty overactive (overactive helps with weightloss), underactive though can just make it a whole lot more difficult.

Hi Gazter.. I sailed thru(well you know what I mean the 1st 3stone) the weeks I gain I know why generally I night out etc prob every 6 weeks been so focussed on the diet and I generally get big losses I have overall found sw very easy to adapt to but I don't understand the last 3 weeks as I say 1.5lb lost in 3 weeks I eat plenty lots of free food lean meat I have done exact same this week as weeks i've lost 5-7lb only difference I have eat later and more exercise so frustrated as only 2lb to 4stone and weighed myself at home and stayed the same!! I'm away next weekend so really wanted that sticker!! Could it be I'm eating too late? Xx

I did it

I lost 5 stone 1lb for my sisters wedding. I loved every moment and relished every compliment and looking at photos i actually look forward too rather than de tagging my name in ever image!

Going to loose 13lb for my 6 stone for xmas!

Wow well done you ladies :) I've lost 4st 4.5lb so far hoping for 5stone by Xmas.. Was 6st but had so many social events it's slowed right down :( but 7 stone is my new target by next july :) x

Back