*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

Slumpy Low

I'm feeling a slumpy low right now. I think it was all the talk re food with friend today and being surrounded by all the foods I used to eat. I'm well able to cope around other people eating, kind of just block out whatever they are having and concentrate on enjoying mine. Even went into Hotel Chocolate which my friend always buys from and took a bit of my choc bar to stop my mind wandering. It's hours later thats it's seemed to bother me. I felt like eating loads earlier and luckily I was able to tuck into my choc mousse and then yoghurt.

It still amazes me how up and down I am on CD. I still love it but when I'm high I high and when I'm low I'm low.

More water, more water.

How has everyone's Slinky Minxy Saturday been?

Sunshine - you've done so well - to be surrounded by food and resisting temptation. Well done you honey :)
Am finding SS really hard at the mo - Day 8 done - always said would stay on it for 4 weeks max - think it might be 2 now as really want something to chew!! I know I should think about the final goal - and 4 weeks will kick start things beofre upping calories - will prob feel different tomorrow... been a long day..
Nite nite fellow shinkies... big hugs mini x

Thanks Mini, if i'm low I try to think like that.....look at the weigh gone so far.

Oohhhhhh stay on DC because when you get through your 2nd week you can get the bars and mousse which are lovely. I know another person here asked for the bars in week 2 instead of 3 and she said it never effected her weight loss. Why don't you call your CDC and ask if you can swop a few packs for the bars just to keep you going. At least then you can chew xxx

Well shrinks... Ive had a really challenging day today. Honestly really bad totm this time around.... I feel so weak, plus i guess the diarrhoea doesnt help the situation either. I spent most of my day either in the garden or the loo... but proud to say still stayed 100%. I not really drank alot of plain water but ive had tons of warm peppermint n dandeloin tea. My day truly has been tough.... I really hope tomorrow will be better. x

I can totally understand how you feel sunshine... Ive had plenty of weak moments today too... But come on babes, youve done the hard bit and the day is almost over....you dont wanna mess it up for some fat do you..... lol! (I find using "fat" n "lard" really puts me off cheating) So hun...your not cheating, ok?

FFBT, i'm not going to cheat. Just 'cause I'm feeling low won't make me cheat as I know how good it feels to come through the other side having stayed on track. Cheating is just not worth it! x

Sorry to hear you've had a rough day you poor thing. No dancing diva for you tonight xxx

Just a quick post before bed. Been out to the charity band night tonight with my friend - we left early as we were both sober and starting to struggle with the drunk people! lol Sad old farts that we are! Was very good though :)

FFBT, sorry to hear you've been feeling rough today. Here's hoping tomorrow will be kinder to you. Hugs

Sunshine, well done for getting through your slump. It must have been difficult to deal with all that food today. Isn't it funny how it creeps up on us even after the event? Remember to give yourself the praise for getting through it though!

Mini, I've also heard of a fair few people getting bars before week 3 so may well be worth checking out. Not chewing is a bit of a killer! But even if you can't get the bars till next week, you're more than half way through so it won't be long till you get them. Keep your chin up

Reena, how you doing? Hope your head is in the place you'd like it to be

Lemma, what about you? How's your day been? How's your wee one today? Did you have a successful shopping trip?

Polishrose, good to see you here! Hope you're keeping up! lol Well done on the 2lbs :)

To everyone else I've missed - hope you had a lovely Saturday.

DJ Thez will check in tomorrow with Sunday's Super Song!

Night all,

Sleep tight,

Lose lots,

Thelma xxx

As I have a feeling I'll be having a lie in tomorrow I'm sure I won't be the first on here so I want to wish everyone a brilliant

Soon to be Slender Sunday and enjoy whatever you are doing with your day.

Goodnight Shrinklies and see you soon xxx

Morning guys :D

Morning Thelma :wavey: thanks for your good wishes.

Had a lovely day yesterday. When my wee one was feeling a bit better we walked into town and had some retail therapy..well 2 pairs of dinky sandals for my dd. Had a great walk round town and felt quite bright after it.

I have been on the scales this morning ( :copon: ) and my weight seems to be dropping again (i think) so hopefully come my WI on Tuesday morning i will have lost.

To all those who have been feeling rough (ffbt) keep drinking the water. I hope you feel much better today.

I got my bars from week 2 but i actually have not eaten any bars over the last week or so cos i have just gone off them and fancied fluid. It may be that that is why i have been nibbling now i think about it :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a lovely day in the sun xxxxx

Radio Sunshine - Making the Sun Shine!

Good morning Shrinklies,

Quick post from DJ Thez to get your Soon to be Slender Sunday started.

Putting yourself first can be tough and sometimes it feels like we're programmed to put everyone else before ourselves. But CD is all about us and feeling good, so for those times when you wonder why you're doing it...

Everything I do, I do it for you
Bryan Adams

Morning guys :D

Morning Thelma :wavey: thanks for your good wishes.

Had a lovely day yesterday. When my wee one was feeling a bit better we walked into town and had some retail therapy..well 2 pairs of dinky sandals for my dd. Had a great walk round town and felt quite bright after it.

I have been on the scales this morning ( :copon: ) and my weight seems to be dropping again (i think) so hopefully come my WI on Tuesday morning i will have lost.

To all those who have been feeling rough (ffbt) keep drinking the water. I hope you feel much better today.

I got my bars from week 2 but i actually have not eaten any bars over the last week or so cos i have just gone off them and fancied fluid. It may be that that is why i have been nibbling now i think about it :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a lovely day in the sun xxxxx

Morning Lemma,

Glad you had a good day yesterday. And that the scales are shifting - it's amazing what that does for the soul!

I'm planning a day in the garden - will try to combine sunbathing with something a tad more productive, but we'll see! lol

Have fun in the sun :D

T x

Morning all-another beautiful day here :) No plans as yet but think we're off to see friends later.I'm just off to hang some washing out in the garden.Baby is asleep,so is OH(lazy sod!LOL) so this is nice and peaceful(the other girls are at their dad's house every weekend).Had my porridge with some cinnamon,peppermint tea,a coffee(as soon as I got up cos psychologically it makes me feel more awake even though it's decaff)and on my 2nd bottle of water(500ml bottles).I've lost a shoe size so am struggling for shoes to wear...still have wide feet and a high instep so I'm hoping not to drop any more sizes(am a size 6 now) but for my foot to get narrower.

Good morning this is Radio Sunshine and welcome to Soon to be Slender Sunday.

Thanks as always to DJ Thez kicking of this glorious day with a great tune (hhahahhahaha actually can't stand the song but the words mean a lot) and her heart is with you all as always.

In the news, Leema has come through the week with flying colours and we here at Sunshine are sending out happy Shrinklie vibes to her and saying congrats.

Poor FFBT has not been at all well and Sunshine radio is wishing her well for today.

Great to hear from everyone yesterday. The Shrinklie thread is pulling together and we'll have eashother achieving our goals in good time.

I.....em.......started a thread last night because I needed support from others who are trying their hardest too and was trying to understand a few things. Eeeeekekekkkkkkkkkkkk is all i can say. i haven't looked yet but I feel lke putting my head in the sand aater that. It all went off in a funny directin. Anyway that was yesterday and today is a new day. Can't wait to get into the sunshine and get some good ole vitemin D into myself.

Okay peeps, have a fab day, what's everyone doing? xxx
Big Big hugs

Morning all-another beautiful day here :) No plans as yet but think we're off to see friends later.I'm just off to hang some washing out in the garden.Baby is asleep,so is OH(lazy sod!LOL) so this is nice and peaceful(the other girls are at their dad's house every weekend).Had my porridge with some cinnamon,peppermint tea,a coffee(as soon as I got up cos psychologically it makes me feel more awake even though it's decaff)and on my 2nd bottle of water(500ml bottles).I've lost a shoe size so am struggling for shoes to wear...still have wide feet and a high instep so I'm hoping not to drop any more sizes(am a size 6 now) but for my foot to get narrower.

Morning Polishrose,

Sounds like a lovely day you have planned.

I'm jealous of you having your porridge - I don't have a microwave at home, so can only have it at work :(. Makes the weekends difficult as I really feel it fills me up. Am always looking for a microwave but as space is very very limited, I can't find one small enough!!

It's a double edged sword this diet sometimes, isn't it? Well done for your weight loss, but bummer about the shoes! Not sure if anyone else found this, but I went up a size as my feet got fatter, but it was really only 1 size so I'm hoping I won't be struggling too much on that front. Do you have any idea what your actual size would be? in fact, how do they even measure feet?! lol Is it on length alone?? Hmm, a wee question for myself to research at some point!

Anyway, let's move out of the dark recesses of my strange brain!

Have a lovely sunny day!
T x

Good morning this is Radio Sunshine and welcome to Soon to be Slender Sunday.

Thanks as always to DJ Thez kicking of this glorious day with a great tune (hhahahhahaha actually can't stand the song but the words mean a lot) and her heart is with you all as always.

In the news, Leema has come through the week with flying colours and we here at Sunshine are sending out happy Shrinklie vibes to her and saying congrats.

Poor FFBT has not been at all well and Sunshine radio is wishing her well for today.

Great to hear from everyone yesterday. The Shrinklie thread is pulling together and we'll have eashother achieving our goals in good time.

I.....em.......started a thread last night because I needed support from others who are trying their hardest too and was trying to understand a few things. Eeeeekekekkkkkkkkkkkk is all i can say. i haven't looked yet but I feel lke putting my head in the sand aater that. It all went off in a funny directin. Anyway that was yesterday and today is a new day. Can't wait to get into the sunshine and get some good ole vitemin D into myself.

Okay peeps, have a fab day, what's everyone doing? xxx
Big Big hugs

Morning Sunshine,

Am with you on DJ Thez's song for today - her heart's in the right place, but tomorrow she needs to pick a less sickly, icky irritating song!! ;)

How you doing today, hun? I've read your thread from last night. Talk about a can of worms! I totally get what you were trying to do. Am hoping that KD has it in hand now and maybe there will be some changes as a result. If nothing else, it made me (more than ever as I usually try to be quite good) super aware of what I'm posting and where, so thank you for that, sweetie.xx

I'm waiting for the sun to get into the bit of the garden where the patio is - doesn't get there till about 1ish. Definitely a Vit D boost today!

Keep smiling Sunshine - luv ya! xxx

EEeeekkkkkk......thank you Thelma for that. Yes thankfully KD has taken it over which can only be a good thing and I love the way she will always take it back to the point.

Polishrose, we cross posted before. You've been doing so well. Have a lovely day hun xxx

Thez- hahahahahahhaha i loved your radio morning post, it was fab. You canplay whatever you want hehehehehehehe. If a student aske to sing that song tho i cringe hehehehehehehehehheehe. have a fab day babesand we'll catch up later xxx

Hello my fellow shinklies... I too read the thread sunshine - can see where you're coming from - altho am relatively new to this SS mindset.
Will try not to mention food - as I think I have done a couple of times - altho haven't cheated as I only be cheating myself!
Hey - lets go out enjoy the sunshine and focus on todays slinky sunday!
Big hugs x x

I have now read the thread concerned and wanted to :sigh: at the end for a variety of reasons.

I think it has been forgotten that this support thread was started in the CD 100% forum which was probably, with hindsight, not the right thing to do. I now feel a bit stymied about mentioning my ups and downs because i do not want to ruin anyone else's journey. :copon:

I thought the whole point of the support group was to get that when struggling. Had i realised that my blipping may be causing chaos to others i would have perhaps joined another group on the main CD board so as not to put others off who are doing so well with their SS'ing.

This is not meant as any form of criticism or anything but its a sort of apology i suppose cos t never dawned on me that i was doing anything...well, in breach of the forum.

I have now read the thread concerned and wanted to :sigh: at the end for a variety of reasons.

I think it has been forgotten that this support thread was started in the CD 100% forum which was probably, with hindsight, not the right thing to do. I now feel a bit stymied about mentioning my ups and downs because i do not want to ruin anyone else's journey. :copon:

I thought the whole point of the support group was to get that when struggling. Had i realised that my blipping may be causing chaos to others i would have perhaps joined another group on the main CD board so as not to put others off who are doing so well with their SS'ing.

This is not meant as any form of criticism or anything but its a sort of apology i suppose cos t never dawned on me that i was doing anything...well, in breach of the forum.

I think you raise good points, Lemma. I guess the question of whether Shrinking Stones should move to the main forum depends on whether those who use it want it to be a support group in its broadest sense (blips and all) or whether it should be a purely motivational thread where nothing off plan is mentioned.

I too have posted about blips (not, I hope, in details, but just to say it's happened) and am now realising that in the 100% forum, I shouldn't have done that. However, the support on this thread is sooooo good, that I forgot this was 100% forum space.

Sunshine, without wishing to put any undue pressure on you, what do you think about whether Shrinking Stones should stay on 100% or move to the main board? You started this thread, so although everyone's views are important, I wouldn't be happy with any move that was contrary to how you had seen this thread working.

Gosh, it's all very heavy (apols for the weight pun! lol) for a sunny Sunday! :)

xx

Hi everyone,

It's being looked into but we are in the 100% at the moment and are a very positive and supportive group who are always there for eachother. So, please lets come back to this whenit;s been resolved.

On a good point wwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooo
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooo my weight is slowly coming down bit by bit. I'll get official weight tomorrow but today I'm at 9 stone 10 and 13 lbs off my new goal. What a fantastic feeling this is.......now all you other lbs need to follow the others and leave me for good.

Have fun everyone and happy CD ing. I've missed FFBT's quote today but have a lovely day with your family. xxx

Hi Sunshine, Look what you started! But I'm with you all the way! And I thin you were misunderstood! xxx

Back