*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

Thanks Mini......or even something fun..... you're such a great Shrinklie so it would be lovely to have something for you to do along with us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx giant hug x

21lbs down & why I feel so good

Something to share with you......

A while before I started CD I wrote a list for myself why I wanted to lose weight. It's a long one and has been on my fridge ever since. It's full of reasons why and events coming up I wanted to look good for. I can't believe looking at it today how much of it I can now cross off. Things like feeling happy and positive, good hair and skin, get rid of under eye bags, wearing the fashion I love, to look younger and health reasons etc. What a great boost for myself.
:thinking2:

So what I've done today is write a new list headed 21lbs down and why i feel so good. I've listed practically an A4 sized page of reasons why. It's going on my fridge under the magnet from my CDC (the one that says I'm well on the road to the new me) so I can see it everyday. It's also got the events coming up till Christmas which I'll keep adding to for motivation. :character00148:

I'm going to do this again at goal and maintenence at least and keep all the sheets together to look back on.

We get used to being slimmer really quickly and when you're at goal and the compliments become less as people get used to the new you, it can be a bit of a low (from past experience). So I am keeping these lists, along with photos for inspiration on that day that might come and I need a lift or reminder of what I've achieved. :read:

:read::character00148::thinking2:

What a fab idea!! I know when I lost 3 stone on Rosemary Conley - the compliments came and went - however as soon as I began putting it back on (due to illness) - it was the usual - mmm err don't you look 'well'!!! Translates as fat!!
I'm doing this as hoping to have another go at IVF in Jan and its a lot healthier and easier with the weight off....
Go shrinklies -go!!

Thanks Mini, it's really worked for me. Yeah so you know what it's like. The compliments slowly go and as you pile the weight back on you can see people looking for something nice to say!!!!! It then makes us feel even worse about ourselves.

You are so going to do tis Mini. We Shrinklies will get you there. We may be a small group but it's quality that matters and we certainly have that don't you think?

Big hugs xxx

Oh yes... ooooodles of quality and support!!! We're fab!!

Well, I must say I'm not convinced about this working from home malarky! I've never worked so hard in my life! lol

But have made time for some lunch and a peek at what's been occurring on here :)

Sunshine, well done on your weight loss - you'll be feeling fab for your trip to Dublin at the weekend. Love the list idea too. I have a list of 'why lose weight' in my head, but not written and it's so much more powerful that way.

Mini - what a motivation to have in the IVF target :) We're all here for you and will help however we can to get you to goal weight. And don't you think Thelma is a lovely name for a girl?! lol :silly:

FFBT, oh holy one, how's the sunbathing and magazine reading going? You're going to make us bow before you soon, aren't you? lol :worthy:

Right, off for some soup - which feels strange on such a scorcher!

T x

Hillarious post Thelz, hehehehhehheee

Well I'm about to start teaching just as the sun has gone ii. Brilliant. it kindly stayed out for me the whole moring and I'm getting some colour and freckles.....lots of sun cream on of course.

Working from home is brilliant. I love the mix between home and the college. well done on doing so much xxx

Good grief, how much do you all post??? I've been out in town this morning(paying bills),washing up,putting a load of washing out to dry, doing another one...this is the first chance I've had to sit down-and in 30 mins I have to leave to pick up the kids from school, go to Tesco(oh what fun),cook dinner,do more washing,ironing....but I WILL make time for 30 mins in the garden later :) Had a porridge so far and 1.5 litres of water.Don't really feel like soup ad it's so hot so will wait till this evening :)

know Polishrose, I don't know how I manage to post so much as inbetween i'm running about doing the house work, preparing for teaching, making appointments etc!!!! We women can multi-task very well indeed.

Make sure you get 30 mins to yourself in the garden. You deserve it. I'm loving this weather and in it as much as I can.

Know what you mean about the soups. Great for the winter alright but the summer it's cool shakes all the way!!!! Another lovelyu thing in this weather is wehn you have a bar in your handbag in case of emergencies (or is this just me heheheh) and you have to have it all melted and warm yuck!!!

Come back and say hi later xxx I'll be about after 7 xxx

FFBT, oh holy one, how's the sunbathing and magazine reading going? You're going to make us bow before you soon, aren't you? lol :worthy:

T x

Hmmmmm... lol. I very much like the idea of that thelma. xx

Good grief, how much do you all post??? I've been out in town this morning(paying bills),washing up,putting a load of washing out to dry, doing another one...this is the first chance I've had to sit down-and in 30 mins I have to leave to pick up the kids from school, go to Tesco(oh what fun),cook dinner,do more washing,ironing....but I WILL make time for 30 mins in the garden later :) Had a porridge so far and 1.5 litres of water.Don't really feel like soup ad it's so hot so will wait till this evening :)

lol...
I keep myself signed in and get on with the usual house work... cooking, cleaning, changing nappies, grocery shopping, feeding and cleaning the mess made by my little princess... etc... but i always make sure i can get some time for myself... whether its just relaxing in the sun, doin my nails, reading or exercise (yeah, i know...but am really enjoying my exercise session) So make sure you take some time out for yourself....coz u deserve it. xx

Thelma - fab name - wil put it on my list!! FFBT - where do you get the energy - am really struggling again today... time for soup - all I want is a salad!!
Big hugs mini x

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really do look forward to weigh in day hehe!

It's been lovely weather here again today, I LOVE the sunshine! Laid out on the hammock for an hour earlier, trying to build up a bit of a tan! Looks to be a scorcher tomorrow (fingers crossed), so hubby has sorted the paddling pool out and it's almost filled (it's rather big and takes 4 hours lol), so I will be on my lilo in there tomorrow :)

xxx

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really do look forward to weigh in day hehe!

It's been lovely weather here again today, I LOVE the sunshine! Laid out on the hammock for an hour earlier, trying to build up a bit of a tan! Looks to be a scorcher tomorrow (fingers crossed), so hubby has sorted the paddling pool out and it's almost filled (it's rather big and takes 4 hours lol), so I will be on my lilo in there tomorrow :)

xxx

First of all... Wowwwww! Is that your pic i see. You look amazing. What a difference. Youve done so so well babe... an inspiration. You look beautiful.... and with the fab positivity and persistency your going with, youl be no doubt drop dead gorgeous when you reach your goal. Well done hun. x

Pool sounds lovely... Im so looking forward to another glorious day tommorrow. Enjoy. x

Thelma - fab name - wil put it on my list!! FFBT - where do you get the energy - am really struggling again today... time for soup - all I want is a salad!!
Big hugs mini x

No... you dont want a salad!!! YOU WANT SOUP :copon:.... lol! Its all in the mind babe. I just try staying positive and keep my goal in mind. Each successful day pushes me 1 step towards my goal and id rather go forward then a step backwards. Of course im not perfect and i do have down days like anyone else, but i try reminding myself this is not gonna last forever and im doing this through choice, not force.... and only i can make a change and make it happen :)

Your doin fab hun...keep it up! x

Thanks hun! Slim picture was taken this morning, 5 stone gone :) My goal is in sight now :) xx

Sarette, what fabulous before and after pics! You look amazing! That bridesmaid dress is going to be stunning on you! Can't wait to see the pics :D

Sarette - you look fab!!!! Was that all SS or SS+?? Am thinking of changing to SS+ as finding SS far too hard in all honesty.
big hugs mini x

Thanks Thelma! Still a few lbs to go, hoping they go from my tummy and thighs!! xx

Back