*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

My mini goal is my friend's wedding on 7 August. Would like to lose another 21lbs by then. Not quite sure how realistic that is, but will give it a shot! After that, I've got another friend's hen night at the beginning of Oct, so will set another target for that....everyone's getting married! lol Ah well, keeps me on the straight and narrow. Or should that be straight and slim! :D

Ha lol, it'll keep you narrow and slim.

July is gig
August- back in Dublin
Sept- bridesmaid dress fitting, maybe girlie wknd in Eurodisney
Oct- Dublin- singing performances- loads of them, Sisters hen wknd
Nov- Sisters wedding
Dec- Florida

So for the rest of my life I need to have something great planned at least once a month to keep me on the thin and narrow lol!

2 things i've changed today.......drinking coffee, sod it I need the caffeen to get through this :) and I actually put my scales away last night. So pressure is off and I'll carry on doing what I was doing.

Shanny...........where are you? Surely you're not still unwell....i hope not anyway... Come back soon and let us Shrinklies know what you're up to.

Foosey- where are you too hun? You haven't posted in a while....not that I'm keeping an eye :) You were disheartened on your thread and i'm worried about you now. I'm sure you're doing well and just keeping busy.

Fattyfattybumtum........I'm gonna use my Shrinklie Powers to get you back soon :) You're my Rock and I'm missing you. I do have my other Rock here of course and all the Shrinklies. I've gone all silly without your 'pull yourself together' attitude. Can't wait till you're back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so easily pleased lol. I treated myself to a gorgeous coral red nail polish which i've now used. Looks really bright and lovely. And....... i've been looking for a pair of denim shorts (knee length) to replace the ones that are unflattering now as they're hanging off me. I tried all sorts on the size 12 in New Look were big and not flattering however the size 12 in Next that i bought are more flattering and petit. Only snag is i have got rid of my size 14 - 16 muffin top and now i have a size 12 muffin top.......thought i'd buy them as an incentive for the next few weeks. They are wearable but I like when clothes sit from my hips. yay. happy.

Too tired to do any work which means i'll stuff it all in tomorrow.

How is everyone's day going? xxx

Hi honey's - worn out from shopping!! Well window shopping - have bought a pair of fitflops and spent all day walking round town - not convinced they will work but they are comfy. Went to see my cousin who has had a gastric by pass for medical reasons - she's doing so so well but says its not the easy option as obviously not reversible.
As for mini goals - first one was to lose a stone before 40th that's done - so now hoping to be in the overweight and 11 stone something cat for 40th!! 5 days.... might do it?? If not have still reached first mini goal. Would be great to lose 21 - 28 lbs by September ..... In fact would be amazing.... Think we've all done so darn well we deserve a round of applause!! Way to go Shrinklies!! x x x

Hi Mini, sounds like you had fun. Were the fit-flops expensive? I've heard of them but never seen them in shops. You're doing really well with your targets. xxx

Loving the sound of your nail polish, Sunshine! And well done on the size 12s!!!!

Have always been intrigued by those fitflop things, Mini. Keep us posted on whether you think they work or not.

Been a quiet day for me. Have done some chores and a bit of sewing but been on slow speed as only got about 4hrs sleep last night due to a poorly throat. It's not so bad now, but think it's a bubble bath, pj's, crappy Saturday night tv and an earlyish night for me tonight. Rock 'n' roll, huh?! lol

xx

Hi Thez,
Poor you with your sore throat :( I'm so pleased to be having a crappy tv sat night. It's been ages since I had one all to myslef, it's lovely. Obviously I miss my oh but I love my own company, space to totally chill out. I needed it badly...altho I've been on here a hell of a lot today to keep me on track xxx have a lovely bath, sounds good x

Fitflops were £39.99 - although very comfortable - not sure if they do anything - saying that legs were aching anyway due to Rosemary Conley fitness dvd!! So they might be working - very comfy though... Expensive for flipflops - but not as expensive as MBT's.
Thelma - hope you feel better soon...
so far have been perving at Robin Hood - guy of Gisborn really does something - must be the bad boy attitude! LOL - am working too - boo - so it'll be night in for me also.
Big hugs honeys we're doing so so well x x x

Thanks for the feel better wishes guys. Won't be long till bedtime for me, I think.

I was also ogling the lovely men of Sherwood earlier! lol

Hope you've had a Shrinking Saturday night folks!

See you on slimming Sunday :D

xx

Goodnight hun, well done on getting through tonight. Sleep well and we have a great

Staying Slim Sunday together (altho I can't be on here as much as I have been today as I have 2 days worth of things to get done in 1....very naughty)

Sweet dreams xxx

Nite nite shrinklies x x x sleep tight x

Join in and we'll get to goal together xxx

icon2.gif
SHRINKLIE POWER CHALLENGE 9 Days Left(June 30th)
Welcome to a fab ongoing support group. Please join in any time and we'll help eachother get to our goals xxx

You will find everything from mini challenges, daily quotes, fancy day names and daily songs to kick start and motivate us from first thing.

Look forward to meeting you and good luck with your journey,
Sunshine Singer xxx

The Shrinklie Power Challenge:party0049:
Start date - Wed 27th May
Half way point - Friday 12th June
End date - Tuesday 30th June

Summer Solstice Song

Morning Shrinklies

Can you believe we're halfway through the year? Is this where you thought you'd be in January? Just wait until winter solstice - how much further down the line will we all be??

Whether you have a lot of weight to lose or a little, it can seem daunting to believe that our lives will be different because of it. Sometimes it's hard to picture what we'll look like, what possibilities we'll feel confident to take advantage of, what physical benefits we'll get. These will happen though. And they'll happen because of YOU! Don't ever lose belief or trust in your power to achieve. You are a weight loss dynamo and the success is yours for the taking...as long as you love yourself enough to go for it and grab it!

Let love be your energy
Robbie Williams

Nice one Thez :)

Good morning or should I say almost afternoon. Hope you're all having a lovely day so far. Boy did I use this site last night to keep me on track....it worked tho thank god. So i feel great today. I CAN do this. I definatly took a few steps back by having extra bars and wasted valuable time but I obviously needed them. Now I'm stronger than I was before. :character00116:

Gonna go have a quick read :character00148:eek:f threads and then get on with everything I should have stared yesterday. Must say tho it's bliss having a weekend to myself as the next ones are all packed. :character00182:

Thelma, how's your throat? Feeling any better? :fingerscrossed:

Funny I was reading through the start of our thread last night when we all started to meet.:party0011: We were so enthusuastic back then so to those that are still here.... :cross:I think we're doing pretty well.:devilangel:

Afternoon all, the boards are keeping me reet on track today. Hope everyone is having a strong day x

Hi hun, having a great day thanks. How are you getting on? Keeping busy on here? best way!

We are a quiet thread today, hope fully it's a sign everyone is busy enjoying themselves.

A while back I posted somewhere about some tops i put away that were way too small. Remember....I had that 7 hour wardrobe clearout? Well I was trying to pull an outfit together and saw my 3 gorgeous vest tops hanging there waiting to be tried on. One silver from Florida that was always tight on me, one navy elegant with satin trim and a silk one I never got to wear 3 years ago when I moved in with OH for various reasons (never been worn).
I hadn't planned on trying them till I was nearer goal but thought what the heck. And oh my gosh they actually fit. The navy and silver fit well, no stretching across my tummy, the silk fits but another couple of weeks, i'd say it'll be fab. I really can't believe it...

Gonna hang on to this at the end of a tough week. I probably won't have lost with the added calories from the bars but I'm much more in control now.....

....and I'm getting through my work which is great xxx

SNAP!!! Have been doing the same this end - its like having a new wardrobe without having to spend a penny!! :D :D :D

Am in Plymouth at the mo and going through my wardrobe there... so far a few skirts and some lovely tops I'd forgotten about!!! Last time I wore them was about 3 years ago... it feels great!! Bum still too big to get into old jeans... it'll get there!!!
Not sure what to do next weekend in center parcs - will be taking shakes but would be nice to have a meal out too - but am also too darn scared too!!!

Back