Shy + Slimming World

Starting this diary on day 3

I'm 5ft8 and 356lbs
I started 3 days ago at 361lbs

As it's both lockdown and I'm too nervous to attend a group I'm doing this on my own at home

My Stepmum lost 6 stone on slimming world in 2012 and has kept it off. I'm hoping to do the same.

I'm disabled and have restricted mobility due to childhood condition so I just never burnt off what I ate.. and ate... And ate...

Food is such a social part of my life.
Good news? Let's celebrate with food.
Bad news? Let's cheer up with food.
Long day? Takeaway.

My partner is chubby at 110kg/242lbs but he's 6ft4
When someone truly loves you and never criticises your body, you get kinda ignorant of your size.

My body is a product of love not hate.
I've been loved at every size. And like a happy little kid I just kept eating it all up, literally and figuratively.

And as much as I like me, I don't wanna die young.

So every few days or week I'll post what I'm eating to track my syns

I'm writing out my meals in a word document a week ahead then ordering it from online delivery slot.

I'm on the gastric sleeve waiting list, they estimate a year wait for my surgery.

This is my last attempt at trying to do this on my own, without medical intervention which comes with its own world of problems for life.

I don't wanna be skinny.
I wanna be healthy.

Your post resonates with me quite a lot.

I started SW in January. I’m going it alone too as I’m not working at the moment and justify the cost at this moment - in the back of my mind I consciously decided if I lost motivation or stopped loosing then i would join, but wanted to start by myself. There are quicker ways of losing weight, but I chose this as I need something I can stick to for over a year and it’s taken a lifetime to get to this weight, so losing slowly and steadily is better in the long run and to be able to maintain it.

I have PCOS and have struggled with my weight my entire adult life, but I then had a bad car accident 3 years ago leaving me in a wheelchair for 6 months and long term mobility issues. The weight slowly crept on. I could tell in my clothes but I avoided the scales. At a routine doctors appointment just before Christmas they weighed me and I’d put on almost 4 stone and was almost 22 stone. I was horrified and vowed that I would do something about it straight after Christmas. I tried not to indulge too much over Christmas and I officially started my weight loss journey on 6th January with a weight of 21st11lbs. I have set myself a goal of losing 6 stone this year - averages out at 7lbs a month. And to try lose 10 stone overall. I’m on track so far, but did not factor in lockdown. It’s been a blessing in some ways - no meals out, no family get togethers, I’m totally in charge of what I eat. On the downside we are shielding due to my partner being immuno-suppressed, so I’m not able to get out for any exercise and getting groceries has been interesting! We now get priority deliveries and get an order once every week to ten days which is fine apart from substitutions and making fresh fruit and veg last. It has meant I am not food optimising as well as I should, so I have adjusted how I'm doing this and I’m still losing. I think the important thing is to find what works for you.

like you I write everything down. I also keep a diary on here and post my weight each week - making sure I weigh in on the same day. That all helps keep me accountable.

there’s loads of support on here. Welcome and good luck to you :)

Last edited:
Today I had about 25 syn picnic in the park:
Consisting of:
White bap + eggs
Mango, pineapple, raspberry and watermelon salad
Light Caesar salad
Chicken satay sticks without dip
Diet coke
Volvic sugar free strawberry water
IMG_20200531_140414.jpg

Was worth it.

I was trying to get a feeling of a "cheat" meal but not going wild and totally off plan. Didn't eat the yoghurt.

Had a lovely and enjoyable day relaxing in the sunshine :)

Rest of today I'll eat free food only and be back fully tomorrow. I'm likely to have this Sunday picnic every week to look forward to but not go crazy. Next week quark potato salad I think.

Today I had about 25 syn picnic in the park:
Consisting of:
White bap + eggs
Mango, pineapple, raspberry and watermelon salad
Light Caesar salad
Chicken satay sticks without dip
Diet coke
Volvic sugar free strawberry waterView attachment 196170

Was worth it.

I was trying to get a feeling of a "cheat" meal but not going wild and totally off plan. Didn't eat the yoghurt.

Had a lovely and enjoyable day relaxing in the sunshine :)

Rest of today I'll eat free food only and be back fully tomorrow. I'm likely to have this Sunday picnic every week to look forward to but not go crazy. Next week quark potato salad I think.
Welcome Bethie
Sounds like you're approaching this with a great mindset.
I swing between being happy with how I am (I think I look older when I lose weight 🤣 and I probably won't go down to BMI of 22 as I look drawn and too thin) but also realistically facing up to the fact that I'm slowly better heavier. I restarted sw on my own four weeks ago (after I'd got the lockdown munchies and wine out my system)
I hadn't had much success with sw before, in fact I've lost more in 4 weeks than I had done before, but it's really helping not having work and social dinners out, not to mention empty cals from alcohol!
I've realised alcohol makes the weight stick so trying to stay tee-total until I reach my 10% - so much easier in lockdown!

Good luck on your journey, there are always supportive ears here or in the sw section

Next week's rough plan

Week two:
Breakfast:
3 days:
scrambled egg + cheese toast
3 days:
Weetabix + milk + fruit
HeX B + HeX A x1

Snack: banana + Muller yoghurt 1 syn

Lunch:
3 days:
Chicken mayo/quark, sweetcorn lettuce wraps + hummus + carrots: 4 syns
3 days:
Sweet potato + beans + cheese (second Hex A)

Dinner:
2 days chicken udon curry 4 syns
2 days spaghetti Bolognese
4 syns
2 days fajita hash with sour cream
7 syns

Pudding: Oppo 1/3rd:
7 syns

First half week:
16 syns
Second half:
15 syns

Made chicken, asparagus, mushroom and spinach risotto for lunch
Syn free
Breakfast was also syn free but heX A+B with Weetabix, milk, Stevia and banana

Dinner will be jacket potato, salad and tuna

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_123142.jpg
    IMG_20200601_123142.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
Last night was hard

Nearly had a binge eating phase
I got some chocolate chips to be like oh i'l just have one when struggling
1/4 bag later, i threw it in the bin and spat it out
Ate a boiled egg, banana and a microwaved potato...

Today ive only lost 4lbs instead of 7 i was on. My weigh in is gonna be tomorrow morning
Hopefully I'l be good today

Last night was hard

Nearly had a binge eating phase
I got some chocolate chips to be like oh i'l just have one when struggling
1/4 bag later, i threw it in the bin and spat it out
Ate a boiled egg, banana and a microwaved potato...

Today ive only lost 4lbs instead of 7 i was on. My weigh in is gonna be tomorrow morning
Hopefully I'l be good today
However, you stopped rather than eating the whole bag. Well done you

To
However, you stopped rather than eating the whole bag. Well done you
Today was better
Had yoghurt for breakfast 5 syns as vanilla 0 fat
Lunch of potato, salad, tuna 2 syns as I had some lighter than light mayo
Dinner was leftover risotto
Had a rowntree watermelon ice lolly 3 syns
Had a coffee with Stevia
An apple

Hopefully I don't have any more today :)

First week weigh in:

6lbs lost
Well done! That's a great first week :) I'm impressed you threw the chocolate chips away, shows real willpower! Whenever I have chocolate in the house I will eat it all at once which is a problem, (I tend to buy the bigger dairy milk bars as they're cheaper per 100g) but not going to the shops has prevented me from buying any recently.

Looking forward to following your journey!

Well done! That's a great first week :) I'm impressed you threw the chocolate chips away, shows real willpower! Whenever I have chocolate in the house I will eat it all at once which is a problem, (I tend to buy the bigger dairy milk bars as they're cheaper per 100g) but not going to the shops has prevented me from buying any recently.

Looking forward to following your journey!
Other sweets or snacks
Take it or leave it

But chocolate in my house, I just autopilot and get up and start eating it. It's like I don't even get a choice about it.
Whilst eating the chocolate chips I was reading about binge eating disorders which is what helped me throw it away 🙈

Chicken lettuce wraps + carrots + hummus 4 syns

Sugar free jelly + light custard + berries 5 syns

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_153306.jpg
    IMG_20200603_153306.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200603_133122.jpg
    IMG_20200603_133122.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
Ive been daily weighing for my body composition tracker

A little concerned as to why scales havent done anything in 6 days now

Ive been on plan since my chocolate chip episode :'(

Maybe they're not working properly? You're sticking with the plan :) so I'm sure you've lost and it'll show up later in the week!

Hopefully
I'm not feeling down.
Just confused. I promised to give this a month trial to see if I continue, then I'll join a group

I'm gonna ask my Stepmum who lost a lot on it if she can see where I'm going wrong

According to slimming world website I can have 25 syns a day for my size and height

Aside from 2 days (park picnic, 25 syns + chocolate chip day about 20 syns)
I've had 15 syns or less but not gone wild at any point these two weeks

I'm drinking my water as luckily I drink a lot anyway

I just bought a paper diary to track it from Amazon
Maybe that will help

Back