Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Hi Sian, hope you are having a good week - whoop! on the guy front - hope it goes well!

Re the bridesmaid situation and the need for a new challenge - why don't you find yourself a lovely outfit for the wedding and buy it in a smaller size as motivation to get there for the wedding? That way you'll have a lovely outfit, look fab and feel great - and all without having to wear a frilly dress!!! (Sorry, your sister in law has probably picked out something lovely, but both times I've been an adult bridesmaid I've looked ridiculous - with frills, flounces and bright colours!) xx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

That's my philosophy!! I'm aiming to finish them tonight so I can go out to the pub to watch the match in the afternoon. Although I'll be drinking diet coke at that time of day naturally! :D xx

Morning lovelies!! I hope everyone's having a good day so far. Minky...I did hear from the guy in the pub. He text me in the middle of the night on Sunday, so I text him back on Monday, and I haven't heard anything since! Needless to say I'm not particularly amused!! Can't be bothered with that nonsense, so that's the end of that! :mad: xx

Friday 22nd February (EE)

Today's food diary looks like this:

Breakfast:

Banana
Grapes

Lunch:

Cheesy ham pasta bake (HexA)
Side salad

Supper:

Smoked haddock fishcake -
6.5 syns
Baked beans
SW wedges
Low sugar ketchup -
0.5 syns

Snacks:

2 lemon alpen lights (HexB)

Today's syns: 7

Total syns: 7

Syns remaining: 98/105

Saturday 23rd February (EE)

Breakfast:

Banana
Grapes

Lunch:

Savoury rice
Mushrooms
Smoked haddock fishcake -
6.5 syns

Supper:

SW carbonara (HexA)
Broccoli and cauliflower

Snacks:

Today's syns: 6.5 (+20 alcohol syns)

Total syns: 33.5

Syns remaining: 71.5/105

Last edited:
Morning lovelies!! I hope everyone's having a good day so far. Minky...I did hear from the guy in the pub. He text me in the middle of the night on Sunday, so I text him back on Monday, and I haven't heard anything since! Needless to say I'm not particularly amused!! Can't be bothered with that nonsense, so that's the end of that! :mad: xx

Oh no! What a shame! :(

Booooooooo! :mad:

Oh no! What a shame! :(

Booooooooo! :mad:

Never mind, I suppose it was always going to be difficult with the distance. And as we've got an inspection coming up in school at some point over the next few weeks it probably wasn't a very good time anyway :( I have to say though, I really don't have a huge amount of luck with men though :sigh: xx

Sunday 24th February (EE)

Breakfast:

Grapes

Lunch:

2 rounds of bacon sandwiches (2 x HexB - bit of a tweak as I've borrowed my unused HexB from yesterday)
Ketchup -
1 syn

Supper:

Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella (I'm going to count the total syns here rather than divide them up per portion) - 20 syns

Snacks:

Packet of French Fries - 4 syns

Today's syns: 25 (+ 5 alcohol syns, oops!)

Total syns: 63.5

Syns remaining: 41.5/105

Last edited:
My new things for this week are going to be orzo and Peking lemon sauce with chicken, nom nom!

EDIT: Lemon sauce recipe to remind myself!

Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half a lemon (I used the whole one, as I like it really lemony!)
275ml veg stock
1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
1cm piece of root ginger, peeled and finely grated (I used a frozen cube, as I didn't have any fresh)
1tbsp sweetener
1level tbsp cornflour
salt and pepper (don't think I used any, only just noticed it!)

Place the lemon zest, juice, stock, garlic and ginger in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, until the lemon zest has softened. Stir in the sweetener. Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with 1tbsp water and stir into the mixture. Heat gently, stirring continuously until thickened (only a couple of minutes in my case). Season to taste (if you want!) before serving.

Last edited:

Monday 25th February (EE)

Today's food:

Breakfast:

Apple
Clementine
2 alpen lights - HexB

Lunch:

Salad of lettuce, beetroot, cucumber, tomato, spring onions, grapes
Ham
EL salad cream - 2 syns

Supper:

Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella

Snacks:

1 alpen light - 3 syns

Syns for today: 9

Total syns: 72.5

Syns remaining: 32.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 26th February (EE)

Today's food:

Breakfast:

Apple
2 clementines
2 alpen lights - HexB

Lunch:

Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella

Supper:

Savoury rice with added leek, broccoli and cauliflower
Peking lemon chicken - 2 syns (this is absolutely divine...definitely a new favourite!! :D)

Snacks:

1 alpen light - 3 syns

Syns for today: 9

Total syns: 81.5

Syns remaining: 23.5

Last edited:
Back