Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Hey! I've done the same too, re set my stats! I feel liking i'm starting fresh and it's given me more motivation! Your diary is looking good :) I like the sound of a chicken, bacon and tarragon casserole!

xx

Hiya hun! There's definitely a psychological element to resetting stats...I feel so much more motivated this week knowing that past losses and gains are behind me. I just need to keep it up long term now! :) Hope you're having a great day xx

Hey ladies! It's not very often that I cook something new, but this was a new one for me...chicken, chorizo and potato stew with loads of onion, peppers, smoked paprika and garlic. It was lush!! Well worth the 5 syns per portion for the chorizo (I'm a greedy piggy who likes loads of chorizo! ;))

That sounds amazing!!!! gonna have to give it a go - I agree chorizo is the best invention in the world competely transforms any recipe

Tuesday 16th April (EE)

Today's food plan so far is...

Breakfast:

Banana
Apple

Lunch:

Chicken, chorizo and potato stew (made with loads of peppers, tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic and smoked paprika) - 5 syns

Supper:

Cheese, mushroom and new potato frittata - HexA
Tomato ketchup - 1 syn
2 x wholemeal bread and EL spread (HexB + 2 syns)

Snacks and drinks:

1/3 bag of chocolate pretzels - 8 syns
Crispello - 3 syns

Today's syns: 19

Total syns: 74

Syns remaining: 31/105

Wednesday 17th April (EE)

Tomorrow's food plan so far is...

Breakfast:

Banana
Apple

Lunch:

Pasta salad: pasta, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, 40g RF cheese (HexA), chives, EL salad cream - 2 syns

Supper:

Chicken, chorizo and potato stew (made with loads of peppers, tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic and smoked paprika) - 5 syns
Half a small melon

Snacks and drinks:

1/3 bag of chocolate pretzels - 8 syns
4 crispellos (oops! :eek:) - 12 syns

Today's syns: 27

Total syns: 102

Syns remaining: 3/105

Last edited:
Ok, I feel like a complete loon! I'm sat here crying like a baby at Holby City. FFS!! I think my totm must be due, I'm not normally this much of a drip! :eek:

Aww I get like that too in certain weeks! I cry at anything anyway but with pmt I'm a million times worse!! I'm so emotional it's ridiculous!! Lol.
Yesterday's lunch sounds amazing! Xxxx

Hiya hun! There's definitely a psychological element to resetting stats...I feel so much more motivated this week knowing that past losses and gains are behind me. I just need to keep it up long term now! :) Hope you're having a great day xx

There really is! I'm actually enjoying doing the diet at the moment! I just hope this time it works for me! x

There really is! I'm actually enjoying doing the diet at the moment! I just hope this time it works for me! x

Hiya hun! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying doing the diet at the moment. I find it's virtually impossible to diet properly if you're not enjoying what you're eating. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a good loss for you this week! :) xxx

Hello there! Have you stopped crying now?? ;-) xx

Haha!! Yep, I've stopped crying now! I feel like such a sap...I get far too involved in these type of shows, lol! Time to (wo)man up and get a grip, haha! xxx

Thursday 18th April (EE)

I've gone over syns this week (or will have done after lunch on Thursday). I'm crap! :eek: :(

Tomorrow's food plan so far is...

Breakfast:

Banana
Apple

Lunch:

Supper:

Weetabix (HexB)
Koko coconut milk (HexA)
Banana

Snacks and drinks:

Today's syns: 5

Total syns: 107 (oops!)

Syns remaining: 0/105

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Hiya hun!! Yeah I think it's been quite a good week food-wise :) I'm just kicking myself a little bit about going over syns. I've come to the conclusion that I just can't have any treats in the house as I binge on them completely :( I really don't understand why I binge on sweet stuff though as I never did before starting slimming world. Strange! Hope you've had a good day :) xx

Aw thank you :) I'm hoping I lose at least 1lb!! To show it's working! I've eaten under 10 syns each day and stayed away from the chocolate (most of the time!) had a bag of treat size magic stars yesterday... but it's hard to cut it out completely! I've not even got on the scales since Monday... so I hope when I get on them on Monday I'll have a nice surprise. I'll be very dissapointed if I don't! really behaved! I'm having a Chinese tomorrow night but i'm going to stick to something like noodles with veg... no crackers for me!!!

That stew sounds tasty! Did it turn out yummy? x

Morning all. Well I put on half a pound this week :( Gutted!! As I suspected though my totm has arrived today (although with my coil it's sometimes difficult to tell as I quite often don't have a proper period any more). It would explain the crying over Holby City and why my eczema is bad at the moment, and why my lips are so chapped. It's odd what hormones can do!

Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on it...today is the beginning of a new week! Onwards and downwards! :) xx

Hey Hun, totally with you on the 'never knowing when a period will pop up' problem. I've got the mirena fitted and guess what? I came on yesterday - that'll explain my grey cloud for the last week! So good attitude not to be :( about it.

You have chicken thighs tonight right? How about - assuming they are skinless, boneless fillets? Marinade them in a little nam pla (fish sauce) with crushed garlic and chilli for at least an hour then griddle on either a George Foreman style grill or in a griddle pan until cooked through and crispy, and serve in a wholemeal HEb pitta with salad and ex light mayo. Meant to be just like chicken kebab! Xx

Friday 19th April (Green)

Breakfast:

Banana
Apple

Lunch:

Pasta salad with ham (HexB), cucumber, tomato and chives
EL salad cream - 2 syns

Supper:

SW wedges
Baked beans
Grated cheese (HexA x 2)
SW fried egg

Snacks and drinks:

Apple and watermelon 10 cal jelly - 0.5 syn

Today's syns: 2.5

Total syns: 2.5

Syns remaining: 102.5/105

Hiya hun!! Yeah I think it's been quite a good week food-wise :) I'm just kicking myself a little bit about going over syns. I've come to the conclusion that I just can't have any treats in the house as I binge on them completely :( I really don't understand why I binge on sweet stuff though as I never did before starting slimming world. Strange! Hope you've had a good day :) xx
I'm soppy and cry at everything on tv x
Get rid of the sweet stuff - I make up the sugar free jelly and have little pots of fruit made up in the fridge for DD - otherwise she eats cereal bar after cereal bar - the pink and whites are fab for a sweet treat
Morning all. Well I put on half a pound this week :( Gutted!! As I suspected though my totm has arrived today (although with my coil it's sometimes difficult to tell as I quite often don't have a proper period any more). It would explain the crying over Holby City and why my eczema is bad at the moment, and why my lips are so chapped. It's odd what hormones can do!

Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on it...today is the beginning of a new week! Onwards and downwards! :) xx
Sorry to hear you gained 1/2 - but overall you've had a very good week this week so maybe its the naughty weeks catching up - stay strong on track and you'll see a good los this week xxx
Hey Hun, totally with you on the 'never knowing when a period will pop up' problem. I've got the mirena fitted and guess what? I came on yesterday - that'll explain my grey cloud for the last week! So good attitude not to be :( about it.

You have chicken thighs tonight right? How about - assuming they are skinless, boneless fillets? Marinade them in a little nam pla (fish sauce) with crushed garlic and chilli for at least an hour then griddle on either a George Foreman style grill or in a griddle pan until cooked through and crispy, and serve in a wholemeal HEb pitta with salad and ex light mayo. Meant to be just like chicken kebab! Xx
Thx Minks - I am so stealing that idea!!!

Hey Sian - what you got planned for the weekend?

Aw thank you :) I'm hoping I lose at least 1lb!! To show it's working! I've eaten under 10 syns each day and stayed away from the chocolate (most of the time!) had a bag of treat size magic stars yesterday... but it's hard to cut it out completely! I've not even got on the scales since Monday... so I hope when I get on them on Monday I'll have a nice surprise. I'll be very dissapointed if I don't! really behaved! I'm having a Chinese tomorrow night but i'm going to stick to something like noodles with veg... no crackers for me!!!

That stew sounds tasty! Did it turn out yummy? x

Morning lovey!! It sounds like you've been having a fab week - you sounds super motivated! Wooooo!! How was your Chinese? I hope you enjoyed! I find it so hard to resist all the yummy things like spring rolls and prawn toasts! xxx

Sorry you gained hun but great attitude! Xx

Thanks hun. I'm hoping it's just the influence of totm, but we shall see next Friday! I'm going to pop into your diary in a minute as I've been a complete lame-ass at keeping up to date with everybody! xxx

Morning hun! Mmmmm, the chicken thighs sound lush! I'd have to leave out the chilli though as I'm a big wuss...the only chilli I eat is sweet chilli sauce, which is hardly the same, haha! I guess I could add a little bit of that! I ended up just roasting them as I was feeling tired and lazy yesterday, and was craving potato wedges. I might make your lemon and courgette spaghetti today as I bought all the ingredients for it last weekend, yum! xxx

I'm soppy and cry at everything on tv x
Get rid of the sweet stuff - I make up the sugar free jelly and have little pots of fruit made up in the fridge for DD - otherwise she eats cereal bar after cereal bar - the pink and whites are fab for a sweet treat

Sorry to hear you gained 1/2 - but overall you've had a very good week this week so maybe its the naughty weeks catching up - stay strong on track and you'll see a good los this week xxx

Hey Sian - what you got planned for the weekend?

Morning lovely!! Not much planned for this weekend to be honest...I've got lots of marking to do (hence why I'm sat on Minimins ;)) I'll be going out this evening, so there will be alcohol involved, but at least when I drink at the weekend it limits how many treats I can have in the week! There's no more sweet treats in the house now, only some ginger nut biscuits, and I don't intend to open them :) I did some shopping in Tesco the other day though and notices that the Hartleys 10 calorie jellies were on offer, so I picked up 6 of those. Like you said, they're really good for a sweet treat :)

Anyways...the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day, and life is good! What more could anyone want :) xxx

Saturday 20th April (EE)

Change of plans! No lemon and zucchini spaghetti for me today...I'm going to make the cheesy ham pasta bake from the last SW magazine instead. I'll make the spaghetti when I'm having a green day :)

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Chicken, lettuce and cucumber sandwich (HexB)
EL salad cream - 2 syns
Apple
Quavers - 4.5 syns

Supper:

Cheesy ham pasta bake (HexA)
Green beans

Snacks and drinks:

Hartleys 10 calorie jelly with a muller greek style coconut yoghurt - 1 syn
37.5 alcohol syns

Today's syns: 45

Total syns: 47.5

Syns remaining: 57.5/105