Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Saturday 4th May (EE)

May the fourth be with you! :D Sorry, it had to be done!

Today's food plan so far is...

Breakfast:

Banana
Alpen light - 3 syns

Lunch:

Bacon
SW fried eggs on toast (HexB)
Mushrooms
Roasted tomatoes
Ketchup - 1 syn

Supper:

Pasta with courgettes, smoked ham, garlic and leeks
Light Philli (HexA)

Snacks and drinks:

2 satsumas
Alcohol - 37.5 syns

Today's syns: 41.5

Total syns: 47

Syns remaining: 58/105

Last edited:
Woooop good news about the scales, nice when you have something to keep you going!
Your tea sounds amaaaaaazing xx

Evening all! Or should I say morning?! :)

This is going to sound completely maudlin, but this is my diary so if people don't like it then tough.

Sometimes I think it's such a shame when we realise the hand that we, and others around us, have been dealt. I was having a few drinks in the pub tonight, and got talking to this lovely lovely guy. The more I got talking to him the more I could see that he's actually the male version of me...shy, socially awkward and just generally a pleb!

Unfortunately though he has a partner. She's about 20 years older than him, and he admitted that he sometimes feels like he wants to extricate himself from the relationship, but she suffers from depression and he feels like he needs to be there to care for her.

You know when you get that feeling that you've just clicked with someone? He even admitted that I'm the only person in over a year that he's clicked with enough to overcome that completely debilitating shyness that we obviously both feel in social situations. When he walked me home I have to say that it's the most fun I've had just talking to someone in a long time!

Now I don't need anybody to tell me off, or warn me to stay away from him, as I wouldn't do anything untoward. I'm just feeling really sorry for myself...within a very short space of time it felt lik I'd always known him, and I felt like I could love him forever more. I'm not usually like this...I'm always so wary of getting hurt, to the point that I usually make the conscious decision to not interact with people.

I just feel stupid! Never mind...that's life hey! :eek:

Aw lovely :(

Not sure what to say really. I wouldn't distance yourself from him. You can be there as a friend. If he does make the decision to leave his current relationship, then who knows. But don't let the chance of a good friend pass you by if you can help it xx

Life is so tough at times, but I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason, and we do have a path in life xx

Not sure what to say really. I wouldn't distance yourself from him. You can be there as a friend. If he does make the decision to leave his current relationship, then who knows. But don't let the chance of a good friend pass you by if you can help it xx

Life is so tough at times, but I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason, and we do have a path in life xx

I couldn't have put it better.

I just wanna give you a big hug xx

Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Bless you - at the very least, you both had a great night. Life is mysterious...

Thanks hun :) I'm also a believer that things happen for a reason, so I shall just have to wait and see what, he anything, comes of it. A new friend would be a great outcome to be fair, so I wouldn't turn my nose up at that :)

Xxx

I couldn't have put it better.

I just wanna give you a big hug xx

Awww, thanks hun! Sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me, because I only ever seem to find myself attracted to men who've already got a partner, in particular a partner who has problems that mean they have to care for them. Perhaps it's the caring bit I'm a sucker for :) Who knows, lol!

Xxx

Bless you - at the very least, you both had a great night. Life is mysterious...

I agree with you hun, life is indeed mysterious! It was definitely a good night, so at the very least it's put me in a good mood for the week :)

Xxx

Sunday 5th May (EE)

Afternoon all! Ooo, it would appear I've been a bit of a lazy moo so far today as I didn't wake up until after 11.30. Mind you, as I did tons of my marking yesterday I don't feel so guilty about that :) Once I've got dressed I'm going to pick up my car from the pub then I can do some shopping and get on with the rest of my day!

Today's food plan so far is...

Breakfast:

None as I didn't wake up until late!

Lunch:

Smoked ham and egg sandwich (HexB)
Ketchup - 1 syn
Pineapple, banana and watermelon fruit salad

Supper:

Wholegrain tomato and vegetable pasta and sauce - 1 syn
RF cheddar (half HexA)
Smash coated chicken goujons
Roasted Mediterranean veg

Snacks and drinks:

Prawn cocktail hoops and crosses - 4 syns
Papaya - decided I'm not a fan! :thumbdown:
Plain pasta with grated cheddar (half HexA) - I'm absolutely starving today!
Alcohol - 5 syns

Today's syns: 11

Total syns: 58

Syns remaining: 47/105

Last edited:

Good ideas! I had egg for lunch though so I'd better not have another one! I also only have Greek Muller yoghurts in at the moment, so I'll leave them for another day. Maybe I'll cook up some pasta or something, I quite like plain pasta and that's filling!

Ooo I love plain pasta, OH thinks I'm odd lol xx

It's not odd at all! Mind you, I used to munch on raw spaghetti...now that's odd! I've decided to sacrifice some of my cheese from tea and now I'm going to have pasta with a bit of grated cheese :) xx

Back