Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

I had one in for about 18 months before my body expelled it (sorry, TMI!), and I've had this one in since November. I can't say that either of them have been perfect, but I don't really want to start having a period every couple of weeks forever more!

I had one in for about 18 months before my body expelled it (sorry, TMI!), and I've had this one in since November. I can't say that either of them have been perfect, but I don't really want to start having a period every couple of weeks forever more!

Hmmm no. How odd. The reason I asked is because I have heard some people say they can only get 3 years out of them and not the 5 as recommended, but if you've only had yours since November then can't be that.

Maybe try keeping a diary of periods etc for a few weeks?

Diet wise I'd suggest just plod on and it will shift eventually xx

Sorry to hear you're having probs, have you considered using something else instead? Sounds like you're having a bit of a nightmare at the mo :-( xxx

Sorry to hear you're having probs, have you considered using something else instead? Sounds like you're having a bit of a nightmare at the mo :-( xxx

I can't really use anything else...I had a DVT when I was 18 caused by taking Dianette, so I'm not allowed to take anything with too high a level of hormones in case it causes another clot. The main reason I had it put in was for heavy periods, which it's sorted, but now I just seem to be getting them twice a month instead, aarrghhhh! Lol! xx

I can't really use anything else...I had a DVT when I was 18 caused by taking Dianette, so I'm not allowed to take anything with too high a level of hormones in case it causes another clot. The main reason I had it put in was for heavy periods, which it's sorted, but now I just seem to be getting them twice a month instead, aarrghhhh! Lol! xx

Oh crikey! I've made my way through 10 plus different types of pill over the years, the only reason I take it is because I have endometriosis, after about 18 months to 2 years my body gets used to the pill and I have to keep changing it! Bloody pain in the ar$e! Wish I was a bloke sometimes! Lol xx

Morning honey - hope you're feeling a bit righted today?

Had a look back through your food diaries this week and there's a few things:

You haven't written anything down on here since Tuesday - are you writing it all down somewhere else? As its so easy for extra syns etc to slip in and be forgotten.

Superfree - could do with upping this a little more - I know you get a lot of fruit in in snack, but some meals are a bit scarce. For example one day you had gammon, wedges and egg? And another you have the pork and paprika with penne pasta (not sure what superfree is in the pork and paprika?) - might be worth making a really conscious effort to bulk the 1/3 onto the plate this week?

Variety! I've noticed for the 4/5 days to have entered food that its often very 'samey' - you've had a banana and a clementine 2 or 3 times for breakfast? And the pork and paprika with pasta 3 different times I think? Why not shake it up a bit? Write down 7 different breakfasts, lunches and dinners and see if having a completely random week makes a difference?

Anyway, that's just my two pence worth - feel free to ignore, it's just that others often see things that we don't.

Have a good day :D xx

Morning, I was eating very samey foods all the time too.....cereal, yogurt and fruit for breakfast, rice and veggie sauce for lunch then ryvita and cheese for tea.....after following advice from all the wonderful people on here I mixed it up last week completely and lost 2lbs :)

Love the idea of writing down 7 different meals and having them :) might give that a go xxx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Morning all. Thanks for the hints. I guess I do tend to get stuck in a rut because I want easy meals that I can just put ready for lunch as I spend about 4 hours each night marking or planning lesson resources, so spending hours cooking isn't really feasible. I also don't have much freezer space so if I bulk cook I can't really freeze anything.

I'm just really fed up and stressed out today...I've got a job interview all day on Tuesday, and they've given me a really crap topic to teach so I can't think of anything exciting to do. I also don't feel very well today so I'm just generally feeling rubbish :( Oh well, moaning isn't going to solve anything really so I may as well just get on with it xx

Saturday 23rd March (EE)

Hi all! I haven't posted yesterday's food diary as it was just bad from start to finish really. Probably used up all of my syns in one day - no wonder I put on weight. Somebody please remind me of that when I gain weight this Friday coming :( It's going to be a pretty bad week in terms of food...I've got a job interview all day on Tuesday, so the food is out of my control there as I don't really want to take a packed lunch to an interview.

I'm also going home on Monday night to break up the journey to the interview on Tuesday morning, so I have no idea what my mum's planning for dinner. I also feel a bit pants today, so I don't really want to eat anything healthy, I just want to eat loads and loads. Grrrr!!! For the rest of the week I'm just going to try to keep my syns to a minimum.

For some reason my enter key on my laptop won't work on this forum, so I can't even put spaces after my paragraphs. Anyone know why that might have happened? The enter key works absolutely fine for everything else on my computer. Stupid technology!

Today's food plan is as follows:

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Ham sandwich (HExB + 2 syns)

Supper:

Ham, salad and SW wedges
Cottage cheese, boiled egg and four bean salad (2 syns?)
Salad cream (1 syn)

Snacks and drinks:

Today's syns: 5

Total syns:

Syns remaining: Zilch!

Last edited:

Afternoon lovelies!! :)

I'm finally on holiday, woooo!! It's been a long time coming, lol!! Not that I'm going to be idle over the holidays as I have plenty of things to do in preparation for our inspection, but at least I don't have to get up at 6.15 for the next two weeks! :D

I was also very shocked to find that I'd lost a pound this week as it's been a terrible week food-wise. I've also decided that I'm going to reset my stats and start again from today. I've been terrible since Christmas and I think I need a clean slate to start from otherwise I just keep getting downhearted when I see the evidence of my lack of progress. That's my plan for the next time I'm on my computer :)

Hope you're all doing ok, and hopefully I shall have the time to catch up on all your diaries over the next two weeks xx

Friday 29th March (EE)

Today's food was as follows:

Breakfast:

None - oops! In my defence I was packing stuff up and travelling home

Lunch:

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato and beetroot
Tesco 4 bean salad - 2 syns
Prawns
Boiled eggs
EL salad cream - 1 syn

Supper:

Chicken, bacon and tarragon casserole - 3 syns
Mashed potato - 3 syns
Green beans

Snacks and drinks:

Apple
Orange

Today's syns: 9

Total syns: 9

Syns remaining: 96

Afternoon lovelies!! :)

I'm finally on holiday, woooo!! It's been a long time coming, lol!! Not that I'm going to be idle over the holidays as I have plenty of things to do in preparation for our inspection, but at least I don't have to get up at 6.15 for the next two weeks! :D

I was also very shocked to find that I'd lost a pound this week as it's been a terrible week food-wise. I've also decided that I'm going to reset my stats and start again from today. I've been terrible since Christmas and I think I need a clean slate to start from otherwise I just keep getting downhearted when I see the evidence of my lack of progress. That's my plan for the next time I'm on my computer :)

Hope you're all doing ok, and hopefully I shall have the time to catch up on all your diaries over the next two weeks xx

Yeah for holiday & yeah for the 1lb off !!!!!! :) woop x

Friday 29th March (EE)

Today's food was as follows:

Breakfast:

None - oops! In my defence I was packing stuff up and travelling home

Lunch:

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato and beetroot
Tesco 4 bean salad - 2 syns
Prawns
Boiled eggs
EL salad cream - 1 syn

Supper:

Chicken, bacon and tarragon casserole - 3 syns
Mashed potato - 3 syns
Green beans

Snacks and drinks:

Apple
Orange

Today's syns: 9

Total syns: 9

Syns remaining: 96

Casserole sounds yummy !!! X

Casserole sounds yummy !!! X

It was yummy!! It's about the only thing I can get my mum to compromise on! There's two portions left so I've frozen them to have once I'm back in work :) Nice easy meal! Xx

Saturday 30th March (EE)

Today's food is as follows:

Breakfast:

None as I was food shopping - never again on a Saturday!!

Lunch:

Ham, tomato and laughing cow sandwich - HexB + 1 syn

Supper:

SW wedges
Ham
Salad
Boiled egg
4 bean salad - 2 syns
40g RF cheddar - HexA
EL salad cream - 1 syn
Pasta salad - 2 syns

Snacks and drinks:

Apple
Grapes

Today's syns: 6 (I'll update the alcohol syns tomorrow)

Total syns: 15

Syns remaining: 90

Last edited:
Back