Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Friday 24th May (EE)

Morning all!

Firstly, apologies for my lack of contact with anybody this week. I've just been completely exhausted this week after everything that's gone on the last month, as well as it being totm, so I've just been in a really bad mood and anti-social.

I'm reporting in with another 0.5lb gain. It's not at all surprising, and I was expecting more, so I'm relieved about that. It's half term for us next week, so I shall be back on the wagon in earnest from today! :D

The food plan for today so far...

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Uncle Ben's vegetable rice - 2 syns
Sweetcorn
Peppers
Mushrooms

Supper:

Gammon
Jersey royal potatoes
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms - 2 syns
Fried egg - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Syns for today: 3

Total syns: 5

Syns remaining: 100/105

Last edited:

Saturday 25th May (EE)

Morning all!

Well it's turning out to be a lovely day so far! Although the weather seems to have a habit of changing every few minutes at my mum of dad's, so I won't get too excited about the sunshine! It's the first day of my holidays though, so it's going to be a lazy day of doing nothing apart from going out tonight to see my mates from home. If I get bored later I may consider doing some marking...possibly!

Breakfast:

Banana
WW yoghurt

Lunch:

Pasta n sauce
Garlic fried courgettes
Ham

Supper:

BBQ chicken thighs with skin removed - 2 syns
New potatoes and some potato salad - 3 syns
Salad
Cheese (HexA)
EL salad cream - 1 syn
Tesco four bean and mint salad - 2 syns
Tesco finest Moroccan style couscous - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Syns for today: 9

Total syns: 14

Syns remaining: 91/105

Last edited:
Saturday 25th May (EE)

Morning all!

Well it's turning out to be a lovely day so far! Although the weather seems to have a habit of changing every few minutes at my mum of dad's, so I won't get too excited about the sunshine! It's the first day of my holidays though, so it's going to be a lazy day of doing nothing apart from going out tonight to see my mates from home. If I get bored later I may consider doing some marking...possibly!

Breakfast:

Banana
WW yoghurt

Lunch:

Pasta n sauce
Garlic fried courgettes
Ham

Supper:

BBQ chicken thighs with skin removed - 2 syns
New potatoes and some potato salad - 3 syns
Salad
Cheese (HexA)
EL salad cream - 1 syn
Tesco finest Moroccan style couscous - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Syns for today: 9

Total syns: 14

Syns remaining: 91/105

Was such a nice day yesterday weather wise !!!
Food sounds yumm especially your supper :) !!!!
Nice to see you back Hun

Friday 24th May (EE)

Morning all!

Firstly, apologies for my lack of contact with anybody this week. I've just been completely exhausted this week after everything that's gone on the last month, as well as it being totm, so I've just been in a really bad mood and anti-social.

I'm reporting in with another 0.5lb gain. It's not at all surprising, and I was expecting more, so I'm relieved about that. It's half term for us next week, so I shall be back on the wagon in earnest from today! :D

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Uncle Ben's vegetable rice - 2 syns
Sweetcorn
Peppers
Mushrooms

Supper:

Gammon
Jersey royal potatoes
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms - 2 syns
Fried egg - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Syns for today: 3

Total syns: 5

Syns remaining: 100/105

Oh it noticed this post lol !! 0.5 gain is nothing Hun you will soon the that off !!! :)

Urgh, drank way too much last night. Or should I say I drank way too much for 4 hours sleep. Feel fine today, but I have a feeling it's going to be a really long day. Good job it's holidays, wooooo!! :D:D

Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Hi Sian. You're much better than me at listing everything you have, I put it on MFP and I don't get round to doing it on here too. I strangely find that I lose more if I definitely have all my healthy extras, are you having all yours? Some of your days look like they could pass for green with the meat as two healthy extra B's, but I guess you're doing extra easy still. I find it very interesting looking at what everyone else eats, good inspiration for variety! x

Monday 27th May (EE)

Morning all!

Well the weekend ended up being a lot more synful than expected. Damn pubs with no diet drinks! I guess my lack of willpower doesn't help either :rolleyes: Right back on plan today to try to claw things back a bit by Friday, so we'll see how I get on.

Breakfast:

None as I didn't get up until 11!

Lunch:

Baked beans on toast (HexB)
Apple

Supper:

Roast pork
New potatoes
Leeks in white sauce topped with cheese and grilled (HexA) - 6 syns

Snacks and drinks:

Syns for today: 6

Last edited:
Hi Sian, Hope you are looking forward to a week off - you deserve it! Sorry about the gain, but you will soon have it off again... xxx

Hey hun! Hope you're not so bored today :D

What white sauce did you use for leeks?? Xx

Hiya hun! I can't say I'm not bored, as I'm marking mock exam papers, but at least I'm busy! :D

The white sauce was made with 1oz flour (5 syns), 1oz flora buttery (9 syns), mustard powder and 1/2 pint of milk (6.5 syns)...if I'd had a third it should technically have been 7 syns, but my dad had a bigger portion than mum or I. It would be possible to make it lower syn by using cornflour to thicken the milk instead of the butter/flour, but personally I think it's a nicer sauce :) xx

Tuesday 28th May (EE)

Morning all!

I hope everyone's having a good day so far! It's the first day of my holiday where I've actually done any school work, and while I can't say that it's anything other than boring, at least it keeps me busy and away from food! :D After seeing it on Lisa's diary I went into M&S yesterday and found they'd got the Teriyaki beef salad bites in mooli ribbons, so that's what I'm having for lunch today, yay! I hope they're nice!

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Teriyaki beef salad bites in mooli ribbons - 2 syns
Tesco Moroccan couscous - 1 syn
Baby plum tomatoes

Supper:

Shepherd's pie - 3 syns
Green beans
Mint sauce

Snacks and drinks:

Syns for today: 8

Well I'm voting the teriyaki beef bites a resounding success! I can't afford to buy them regularly, but they're lovely for a treat. They're also good for those days when you're out and about shopping and need something low syn for lunch :)

Back