Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

So sorry to hear the sad news about your Dad. Love to you and your family xxx

Take care Sian - this is such a difficult time for u and ur family - remember to take care of uxx

Afternoon ladies!

How are you all? I hope you're all having this lovely weather that we're having here in Wales. Sunny weather always seems to make everything so much better :)

Thank you all for your lovely messages and your support over the past few weeks. I greatly appreciate each and every one of your messages. I'm still a bit up and down in terms of my emotions, but I think that's only natural really.

As for my weight...oh dear! I've been pretty bad over the last 3 weeks. It's time to start focusing on getting myself healthy again, but I'm feeling the need for a bit of a change so I think I'm going to try the 5:2 diet for a while to see if I can instil a bit of discipline in the way I eat. I probably won't follow it long term, but I'm going to try it for a while to see how I get on. I think I'll probably still stick roughly to the slimming world principles for the 5 feast days, but without obsessing over syns :)

I'm going to keep posting though, and if anyone has any ideas for the fast days I'd appreciate them. There doesn't seem to be a 5:2 forum on here.

Hopefully I'll get round to reading all your diaries over the next couple of days. It'll be good to catch up :) xxx

Hi Sian,

So nice to hear from you. I hope you are getting on ok. I think the emotional rollercoaster is to be expected. You sound like you're doing really well and lets be honest, there's more to life than what the scales say.

I think you might get some ideas from the JUDDD (Johnson Up Day Down Day) forum on here? Thats like fasting every other day i think? They have a list of low cal stuff on there and stuff.

I did a few fast days many moons ago and stuck to 500 cals on those days. I normally had half a carton of fresh soup and just vegetables with a splash of gravy for dinner but i'm not very creative as you can tell! My friend does 2 fast days a week and has porridge for brekkie, no lunch and a 200 ish cal ready meal for dinner (like the childrens ones you can get in supermarkets!) xx

Evening Sian - glad to see you back hun. Sounds like your coping as well as can be expected chick. One day at a time lovely you will get there, you have more important things on your mind xx

Hi Sian nice to see you back. Glad you're doing ok, as you say it's normal to be up and down with your emotions right now.

In regards to 5:2 recipes... For the first few weeks I tended to use low cal ready meals which I didn't really want to do but didn't really feel like cooking when I was so hungry. Now I just tend to have chicken/fish with vegetables. I know that hairy dieters do a lot of low calorie recipes though, apparently they do a 250ish cal pizza recipe! So they may be worth looking into for some ideas :) x

Hey lovely, how you doing?
When you thinking of starting 5:2? I am dabbling with that & SW as a hybrid diet thingymajig and to be honest, just googled 5:2 meal plans and loads came up and just created days outta that. I try to keep sw principles even on that and have 3 meals a day. But I'm only a week and half into it so... can't really pass too much judgement on it. Opal lil and gingaling have got some great ideas or as hendo said, have a look about the forum.

Well that was a long winded waffle!! Xx

Back