Sian's *new* ramblings - diary of an eternal glutton! :-D

Wednesday 24th August (EE)

Ooo, I didn't post yesterday! Naughty me!

Yesterday's meal plan turned out to be:

Breakfast:

2 nectarines

Lunch:

Pasta n sauce cooked with lots of leeks and peppers with 71g philli light stirred in (HexA)

Supper:

2 turkey burgers (mince, peppers, onions, chicken oxo cube, salt, pepper, garlic and mushroom ketchup)
SW wedges
Tinned tomatoes
1 tbsp of lemon and pepper salad cream (2 syns)

Snacks:

Velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)
Melon
Pineapple
2 x aldi cereal bars (HexB)

Total syns: 6

Now for today's meal plan :)

Breakfast:

Lots of melon
Pineapple

Lunch:

Tomato, pepper and pasta soup
2 x wholemeal bread (HexB)
42g RF cheddar (HexA)

Supper:

Pork chop coated with hoisin and spring onion sauce (3 syns)
Potato and onion cakes
Green beans
2 tbsp reduced salt and sugar ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks:

Total syns: 4

Friday 26th August

I'm really pleased...I STS this morning, so after my bad weekend of eating and drinking too much I'm happy not to have gained! :D

I'm not sure what the meal plan is for today. I'm still beavering away at this essay (over half way there now, so I'm doing alright :)) so I'll update later! I'm moving my stuff into my new houseshare tomorrow, so will have to try to stay on plan as best I can while eating out. This will be a challenge, lol! :)

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Tomato and pepper soup with pasta

Supper:

Snacks:

Syns:

Total syns for the week:

Syns remaining:

Monday 29th August

I'm so hungover today! :yuk: I've been pretty good over the holidays with not drinking too much, but the bank holiday got the better of me I think. So I feel very much like this today :sign0137: As a result, I don't really have a meal plan for today. Basic survival is the plan for today...is it bedtime yet?!

More than the fact I'm hungover though is that I'm very disappointed with myself. After giving up smoking for 6 weeks I had 2 puffs of my friend's cigarette last night. It was vile and made me cough for about 5 minutes, so even though I'm really disappointed in myself it made me realise that smoking is horrible, and definitely not for me any more! Every cloud has a silver lining I guess :)

I really wish I could be a bit more disciplined :(:( Oh well, back to work soon so I'll be back to my usual routine!

Friday 28th October (EE)

I really am rubbish at this whole keeping a food diary malarky aren't I :eek: Here I am nearly 2 months on from my last post, and since the middle of July I've put on about a stone :eek::eek::eek: I'm so embarrassed! :eek::eek::eek:

Anyway...time to get back to basics I think. I still need to lose about 3.5 stone to get to my target weight, and I've decided that the next 12 months is going to be the year I do it! Or at least most of it, lol! :D I don't want to put a timescale on it really as I don't want to get too depressed if I fail to lose the full 3.5 stone, but I'm going to try my best!

Today's food looks a bit like this:

Breakfast:

None (not a good start I know but I overslept and didn't fancy it)

Lunch:

Pasta n sauce (wholegrain creamy tomato and basil) cooked with a mahoosive leek
3 Tesco light choices cumberland sausages (3 syns)
21g RF cheddar (1/2 HexA)
Cherry tomatoes

Supper:

Jacket potato
SW bolognese (1 syn)
14g parmesan cheese (1/2 HexA)
Broccoli

Snacks:

3 satsumas
Banana
WW coconut sponge cake (4 syns)
An apple
2 x Alpen light (HexB)
Shape 0% yoghurt

Total syns: 8

Syns remaining for the week: 97/105

Last edited:
Saturday 29th October (EE)

Afternoon all - if anybody reads my diary that is :( Today's plan looks a bit like this:

Breakfast:

Pineapple
Banana

Lunch:

Jacket potato topped with smoked paprika baked beans
21g RF cheddar (1/2 HexA)

3 digestive biscuits topped with 21g RF cheddar (1/2 HexA) (10.5 syns)
Grapes
2 satsumas

Supper:

Potato and onion cake
Chicken breast coated in flour and parika, cooked in olive oil (HexB + 2 syns)
Mushrooms
Broccoli
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)

Snacks:

Syns for the day: 14.5

Total syns: 22.5

Syns remaining: 82.5/105

Sunday 30th October (EE)

Oops, forgot to post Sunday's food on Sunday, so I'm posting today!

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Roast pork
SW roasties
Carrot and swede
Honey roast parsnips (2 syns)
Broccoli
Stuffing (4 syns)
Gravy (5 syns)
Crackling (7.5 syns)

Supper:

None, as I was absolutely stuffed from a late lunch!

Syns for the day: 18.5

Total syns: 41

Syns remaining: 64

Monday 31st October (EE)

Today's food is as follows:

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Ham and salad sandwich on 2 slices wm bread (HexB)
EL spread (2 syns)
Mustard LF mayo (2 syns)

Supper:

Pork risotto (cooked pork, risotto rice, red onions, red pointy peppers, leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms, pancetta, 1 tbsp puree) (2 syns)

Snacks:

WW yoghurt
2 cherry and apple drumstick lollies (5 syns)

Syns for the day: 9 syns

Total syns: 50

Syns remaining: 55

Last edited:
Saturday 5th November (EE)

Oops, I've been absent again for a few days! I had a really good week this week...stayed off the alcohol last weekend, and stayed within my syns for the week and I've lost 5lb! :D:D:D :bliss: I'm so pleased. It's really spurred me on to have another good week this week :) I need to lose another 8lb before I can say I've lost the weight that I put on after stopping smoking, but I'll get there :)

Friday's food diary went a bit like this:

Breakfast:

Apple
Two clementines
WW raspberry yoghurt

Lunch:

A piece of victoria sponge :eek: (I'd forgotten my lunch, so I'm going to count it as 15 syns)

Supper:

SW spaghetti bolognese
28g parmesan (HexA)

Syns for the day: 15

Total syns: 15

Syns remaining: 90/105

Today's food diary looks like this:

Breakfast:

WW strawberry tart yoghurt
Pineapple

Lunch:

2 x WW wholemeal bread (HexB)
EL spread (2 syns)
Scrambled egg
Baby plum tomatoes
1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Supper:

Bacon (all fat removed)
SW smokey bacon wedges
Pineapple rings (fresh)
Mushrooms and tomatoes fried in fry light
2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)

Snacks:

Pineapple
An apple

Today's syns: 5

Total syns: 20

Syns remaining: 85/105

Last edited:
Hi sian!

Lovely to see you back and well done on the 5lbs this week! Also fantastic news that you are still off the ciggies, I gave up 2,5 years ago and it's a great thing to do. Well done you should be really proud!

Food looks good, I followed you when you were on here earlier in the year and you were so inspiring you did do well and you still have to remember how much weight you still have lost- you just had a little break that's all! So you know you can do it :)

I shall be spying again now I have found your diary! Xx

Thankyou hun! Yeah I've faffed around a bit for a whole year really, but in a way I think I needed to faff around a bit so that my brain could catch up with my body regarding the weight I'd lost. I'd still look at myself as the size I was at the start, but now I'm more realistic about what I look like :) Still, I need to pack in my nonsense now and lose the remaining 3 stone :)

Congratulations on 2.5 years off the ciggies - that's fabulous hun! :D xx

Hey you :) can't believe how much you have lost!!! Huge congrats and also stopped smoking ... Get you.
Well after a year and a stint at WW and Dukan I'm back here and no better off lol .... Why do I veer from plan to plan!!!
Big kick up bum and focus on shifting this weight once and for all.

Lovely to see familiar faces, it's like coming home hehe xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning hun! Glad to have you back here with us on SW...let's both make this the time we stop faffing about and shift the remaining weight :)

Today's food is looking a bit like this:

Breakfast:

Pineapple
Banana

Lunch:

Bacon sandwich (HexB)
Packet of quavers (4.5 syns)

Supper:

Pork and apple burgers with parsley and sage (not synning the apple as it's a miniscule amount!)
Roast potatoes
Cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce (4 syns + HexA)
Carrot and swede

Snack:

WW oaty chocolate cookies (4.5 syns)

Today's syns: 13 (+ 20 alcohol syns last night)

Total syns for the week: 53

Syns remaining: 52/105

Last edited:
Monday 7th November (EE)

Well after doing really well last week I've completely messed this week up :cry: I just don't know what's the matter with me...I've completely binged on chocolate, biscuits, crisps and general crap the last two days :eek::eek:

Why do I do it?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! I thoroughly deserved to wake up and be violently sick this morning :( Maybe it'll teach me that I just cannot have any treats in the house!! Oh well, I guess all I can do is draw a line and start again. I may have had two really awaful days, but it doesn't need to turn into an awful week :)

Today's food is going like this:

Breakfast:

None as I'd been really sick since waking, so I didn't want to risk eating and being sick in work

Lunch:

Pork and apple burgers
Carrot and swede
Roast potatoes (warmed up, yuk! :yuk:)
Cauliflower and broccoli in cheese sauce (4 syns + HexA)

Supper:

General crap once again...I'm absolutely useless! I just cannot have crisps, chocolate or anything in the house :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hiya lovely!

You hit the nail on the head there, blips happen, but it doesn't need to turn into the whole week. Tomorrow is a NEW day and you can start again :)

Have you planned your food for the week? I find this much easier if I have a general idea what I am going to eat.

Those Hunters chicken I had tonight as the new birdseye restaurant ones, they are only 4 syn per breast and half the sauce (2 in a foil tray you bake in the oven). Great to have in the freezer and you could have the other breast for lunch the next day. They are good because they are quite saucy so nice to have over your veggies!

Keep you chin up and get yourself a nice cuppa, like I say new day tomorrow. You can do this, just takes a little while to get your head in the right place, its not a race and sometimes life gets in the way, but its a journey and you will get there even if like me you have to take a taxi, a boat, 3 trains and a bicycle ride!!

xx

Chin up hun, tomorrow is a new day and I know you can do it. Try to focus on how far you have come and where you know you can be, you will be faced with many challenges and detours along the way but you will get there.
Be strong and focus on all the lovely food you can have in abundance. I know easier said than done having not achieved much in the last 12 months ..... I must follow my own wise words lol
Big hugs and tons of positive vibes for you for a fresh start tomorrow xxx

Hi there! Sorry hun, I'm a bit rubbish at this whole posting a food diary thing!

Since I last posted I've put on 6.5lb, so the 5lb I'd lost plus another 1.5lb, aaarrgggghhhhh! Oh well, I've nobody to blame but myself, so no point wallowing in misery.

I'm having a reasonably good week this week, so I'm hoping for a small loss on Friday. How's your week going? xxx

dudette2001uk said:
Hi there! Sorry hun, I'm a bit rubbish at this whole posting a food diary thing!

Since I last posted I've put on 6.5lb, so the 5lb I'd lost plus another 1.5lb, aaarrgggghhhhh! Oh well, I've nobody to blame but myself, so no point wallowing in misery.

I'm having a reasonably good week this week, so I'm hoping for a small loss on Friday. How's your week going? xxx

(((hugs))) so glad you posted, gains happen and your doing your best and getting back on track.
Do you think you've reached a comfortable point, I know when I initially dropped 6 stone before my back op that even though I wasn't at goal I kind of got to the point where I liked who I was for the first time in a long time. I then took my foot off the gas, weight loss slowed and then started creeping on. Slow at first but I didn't recognise signals and after op gained 3 back :( could kick myself now but it's done.
Fingers crossed you get the loss you deserve this week hun.
I've had a good week following my STS last week due to very boozy hen party so hoping for 2 this week for my 1/2 st award but I'd be happy for any loss :)
Xx

Hey lovely,

I have had a week off too and a 3.5lb gain to show for it. I am back on it today and trying for 6lbs off before xmas if you fancy joining me?

Its hard, especially at this time of year to get back on track, but you can do it. Do you have a xmas party coming up or something that you could use as a little goal to get too? Maybe a new dress?

Hope you are feeling better about things, maybe try a food diary for a week again? xx

Hey lovely,

I have had a week off too and a 3.5lb gain to show for it. I am back on it today and trying for 6lbs off before xmas if you fancy joining me?

Its hard, especially at this time of year to get back on track, but you can do it. Do you have a xmas party coming up or something that you could use as a little goal to get too? Maybe a new dress?

Hope you are feeling better about things, maybe try a food diary for a week again? xx

Hiya hun! :)

A little challenge before Christmas sounds like a fab idea. I've lost 2.5lb this week, so I'm finally taking a step in the right direction :)

I could do with losing about half an inch before the Xmas party in 3 weeks time, which I reckon would probably be about half a stone on me, so the 2.5lb is a much needed loss! :D

xxxx

Back