Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Well been and gone and done it now:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:...induction booked for next Tuesday at 9.15am:happy036:providing I don't have a cardiac arrest:hitthefan:I will definitely let you know how I get on:)

Brilliant, well done ...you might think you are going to have a cardiac arrest at first and even some months after but I am pretty sure you will come to love exercising...yes I know unbelievable, never thought I would either, but as long as it's something you enjoy and there is so much choice out there, it can be really great and you may find yourself looking forward to it like I do xx

Ah now thats me exactly. Not really competitive with other people but absolutely trying to challenge myself all the time in most areas really.
Love trying to see just how far I can take things and can't bear to think something can beat me. :D

I am very competitive when it comes to games, I have to be the best, but I consider myself a good loser too, when I have to be lol
Exercise, I am like you, have to push myself as far as I can to see how much I can do.
Did 2 and half hours yesterday afternoon and another hour last night (no Eastenders on Wednesday, so hubby wasn't hogging tv or moaning that I was in his way), but boy did he go on and on about how I shouldn't do too much as I might overdo it and he's right to a degree, but if I hadn't felt I could I wouldn't have done the hour and that's also why I only did another hour, I felt at the end of that hour I had done enough. But you can bet your bottom dollar another day I might do 2 and half hours in the morning and another 2 and half at night, just to say that I did it lol xx

So today's diary, didn't sleep well last night, still awake at 6am gone , so didn't get up till 11am, had a very light brekkie and here is today's menu:

EE

Breakfast:
Apple
Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Chunky Minestrone Soup
Melon
Water (1 pint)

Mid Afternoon:

Cold rice and yoghurt 0.5 syns
Plums x 2
Water (1 pint)

Dinner:
Pork Chop (fat removed)
Roast Potatoes
Carrots
Mangetout
Roast Butternut Squash
Syn free gravy
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
4 Original Ryvita (Hexb)
71g Philadelphia Light with chilli's (Hexa)
Cucumber
Tomato
Beetroot
Alpen light Bar 3 syns
Water (1 pint)

Going to do at least 2 hours exercise and drink another 2 Glasses of water (2 pints)

Total fro day = 5.5 syns

Last edited:
I just found this and I thought it was a fun way of pushing home what SW was all about lol xx

The 7 Deadly SYNS of Slimming World

1.COUS COUS ABUSE!
Thou shalt not grind up cous cous and use it to make cakes without synning it. 28g of ground up cous cous is 5 syns. Same goes for polenta, bulgar wheat, rice and any other grain you use to make cheaty puddings. SLIMMING WORLD LAUGHS HEARTILY AT YOUR PUDDINGS! Did you really think you could make your cake and eat it too?!

2.BLENDING YOUR FRUIT!
Thou shalt not have smoothies with blended fruit because thou shalt eat twenty apples in one glass and make yourself sick and blame Slimming World because they told you fruit was free. (You can blend your veg though because as Gillian McKeith proved so many times, no one really likes carrot and cucumber smoothies)

3. EATING PEAS ON A RED DAY!
Thou shalt not eat peas on a Red day, because you will eat sooooooo many of them you will pop. Plus they have loads of sugary badness in them that magically melts away when you do a green day, though we won’t tell you how or why. Ditto sweet corn.

4. NOT WEIGHING AND MEASURING HEXes!
Thou shalt weigh and measure because that's not 227g of SW chips it’s 227KG of SW chips. Thou shalt weigh and measure because that 64g bun contains twice the fat of a 57g bun! Thou shalt weigh and measure because 250ml of semi skimmed milk will not be enough for a bowl of Weetabix and 10 cups of tea. Thou shalt weigh and measure because surely 42g of cheese shouldn’t be able to fill an entire ciabatta (and what are you doing eating a ciabatta anyway???)

5. NOT REFERRING TO THE BIBLE FOR SYNS!
The Bible states on the first 6 days, her Ladyship Margaret Miles Bramwell made Slimming World. On the 7th day she did nothing. It didn’t help her body magic, but it gave her a break from obsessing over whether to have that final 99 flake (2.5syns).
The least you could do is read it!

6. CALLING SLIMMING WORLD A DIET!
Thou shalt not call Slimming World a diet, because it’s not. It’s a healthy way of eating for life. Call it a diet and you’ll soon be off down the chippy with the rest of the gang from your nearest Weight Watchers Group. Go home and make Slimming World Burgers and chips instead with a lovely side salad. Tastes nicer and your pants feel better for it.

7. NOT BELIEVEING IN THE POWER OF FREE FOOD!
Thou shalt eat free food until it comes out of your ears, then stop, don’t be scared of having the extra chicken piece or if you plate looks fuller than the Jolly Green Giants, with vegetables. Eat until you are full! Eat the right things. Yes you can eat bananas and eggs, don’t substitute them for chocolate, because Banana’s are full of natural sugar and eggs raise your cholesterol . You do know that’s all a load of codswallop don’t you!! Well, don’t you??!

Love it lol xx

I am very competitive when it comes to games, I have to be the best, but I consider myself a good loser too, when I have to be lol
Exercise, I am like you, have to push myself as far as I can to see how much I can do.
Did 2 and half hours yesterday afternoon and another hour last night (no Eastenders on Wednesday, so hubby wasn't hogging tv or moaning that I was in his way), but boy did he go on and on about how I shouldn't do too much as I might overdo it and he's right to a degree, but if I hadn't felt I could I wouldn't have done the hour and that's also why I only did another hour, I felt at the end of that hour I had done enough. But you can bet your bottom dollar another day I might do 2 and half hours in the morning and another 2 and half at night, just to say that I did it lol xx

Thanks for the kind words lily, hubby abit better today up and about slowly.
Like you I love exercising, if I don't do it everyday I feel like I missed out because its part of my routine, I do 2hours aday 1hr morning and 1hr evening and I can tell its working even thou I have only been exercising for 6weeks, I have lost 3inches off bust, 5inches of waist and 1inch of hips, hearing what you do in your exercise is what keeps me going, (if lily can do it so can I) thats my motto, I am very competitive when it comes to games or exercising need to be the best espercially against the family.

Jane x

Thanks for the kind words lily, hubby abit better today up and about slowly.
Like you I love exercising, if I don't do it everyday I feel like I missed out because its part of my routine, I do 2hours aday 1hr morning and 1hr evening and I can tell its working even thou I have only been exercising for 6weeks, I have lost 3inches off bust, 5inches of waist and 1inch of hips, hearing what you do in your exercise is what keeps me going, (if lily can do it so can I) thats my motto, I am very competitive when it comes to games or exercising need to be the best espercially against the family.

Jane x

That's great to hear Jane, wish him well please...I love my exercise, I am gutted every Thursday when my daughters and their friends go to kick boxing, I can really see how much it tones them, but I am not ready yet (hopefully one day I will be ...*shaking with fear at the prospect*, as long as my back is good and holds out), so I have kind of pencilled in as aiming to go after Christmas, I want to be about 17st by January ...tough order but we'll see and if I am.
I am going to go see what I can do. The Instructor is my eldest daughters friend, he is an MMA cage fighter (has fought Alex Reid ..Katie :yuk: Price's ex...can't stand the woman..Katie Price that is lol) now she has had 3 ops on her shoulders as she has dislocated them on several occasions while in the middle of an Epileptic Seizure (my daughter not Katie :yuk: price lol), so he devised a special routine for her that is similar and just as intensive a workout as the other girls get, but caters for her inabilities and has said he will do the same for me when I am ready...I really can't wait ...but I am scared cos they can't walk when they get home, even if it does pass shortly after lol
Haven't had a chance to get to do my workout yet today, late start and my daughter's half day so she has commandeered the living room for her exercise before kick boxing tonight, so once she has gone I am in like Flynn as they say lol xx

That SW thingy is hilarious, Lily. :8855:

I was hoping for another spot of tennis tonight but the lads have nicked the tv and playing silly games on it. :(

That's great to hear Jane, wish him well please...I love my exercise, I am gutted every Thursday when my daughters and their friends go to kick boxing, I can really see how much it tones them, but I am not ready yet (hopefully one day I will be ...*shaking with fear at the prospect*, as long as my back is good and holds out), so I have kind of pencilled in as aiming to go after Christmas, I want to be about 17st by January ...tough order but we'll see and if I am.
I am going to go see what I can do. The Instructor is my eldest daughters friend, he is an MMA cage fighter (has fought Alex Reid ..Katie :yuk: Price's ex...can't stand the woman..Katie Price that is lol) now she has had 3 ops on her shoulders as she has dislocated them on several occasions while in the middle of an Epileptic Seizure (my daughter not Katie :yuk: price lol), so he devised a special routine for her that is similar and just as intensive a workout as the other girls get, but caters for her inabilities and has said he will do the same for me when I am ready...I really can't wait ...but I am scared cos they can't walk when they get home, even if it does pass shortly after lol
Haven't had a chance to get to do my workout yet today, late start and my daughter's half day so she has commandeered the living room for her exercise before kick boxing tonight, so once she has gone I am in like Flynn as they say lol xx

I saw your photos, so I got hubby to take one of me front and side last month 24/6/11 took another one on 27/7/11 and you can see the difference just in a month, I am really proud of myself, just looking at them makes me feel its working when you can see it on a photo, so I am going to carry on taking photos every month and when I get confidant I will put them in my photo gallery just like you lily, your family and friends must be proud of you, and they can't wait for you to go kick boxing with them, I know you can do it and be down to 17st by Jan 2012.

Jane x

I was hoping for another spot of tennis tonight but the lads have nicked the tv and playing silly games on it. :(

Aww bless, I would stand your ground and demand to use the TV on medical grounds, they can play their games after lol
I have just finished 2 and half hours, had to wait for daughter to go out, she is pretty good and lets me have first dibs on her wii, so I couldn't really push her off, she goers out about 6.30. so had my dinner and rested for a bit then off I went, am shattered but boy do I feel good, off to have a well earned shower xx

I saw your photos, so I got hubby to take one of me front and side last month 24/6/11 took another one on 27/7/11 and you can see the difference just in a month, I am really proud of myself, just looking at them makes me feel its working when you can see it on a photo, so I am going to carry on taking photos every month and when I get confidant I will put them in my photo gallery just like you lily, your family and friends must be proud of you, and they can't wait for you to go kick boxing with them, I know you can do it and be down to 17st by Jan 2012.

Jane x

Great stuff Jane, I can't wait to see your photos and I know what you mean, the differences may be subtle in places but they are really noticeable too, I am certain you look amazing and will continue to head towards your target, looking back at your diary and wondering who that woman was.
I started my photo diary mainly as a deterrent, so that I could see where I came from and where I ended up and how I was not going to go back there ever again.
My husband and my girls really encourage me and are always telling me how proud they are of me ..just as I am of them, the girls had 7 and half stone to lose between them, 5st for my eldest, who now has just under 2 st to go and 2 and half stone for my youngest who has just 4 and half lb till she reaches target, but they both look absolutely amazing. To top it all off it has encouraged my 2 nieces too and they also go to the same group as we do (a real family affair lol), and I can't wait until my daughter gets married next August so that I can get a picture of the 5 us at or almost at goal. xx

Morning Lily:) Lovely new profile pic:)

I get my hubby to take regular pics of me along the way and really cringe when I see me at my biggest,however it is lovely to see the difference along the way.I used to hide from the camera :eek::eek:. Lily you really do inspire me with all your exercise thank you:).Oh forgot could you explain how to quote a message in a reply please .x

I get my hubby to take regular pics of me along the way and really cringe when I see me at my biggest,however it is lovely to see the difference along the way.I used to hide from the camera :eek::eek:. Lily you really do inspire me with all your exercise thank you:).Oh forgot could you explain how to quote a message in a reply please .x

Hi Surrey, thank you for your kind words, can't wait for the even lovelier profile pic when I am at target lol :p
I have always taken pics when losing weight but like everything else (until now) it all fell by the wayside, this is the first time I have ever kept up a constant flow of pictures, taken every month or every 2 months, depending on whether I can actually see any difference lol, it still amazes me that I am an inspiration to anyone but if I am able to "help" anyone with their journey by relaying mine whether it be verbal or in picture form then I am over the moon.
Ok to quote a message in your post, just click on the quote sign on the bottom right hand side of the page you want to quote from, next to the thanks box, and it will bring that quote into the box that you are typing into, if that makes sense xx

Another late morning courtesy of my noisy neighbour, who with her delightful friends, decided to keep me awake by screaming shouting banging doors and playing music until nearly 5am, but her day is coming, the s*it will hit the fan sooner than she thinks lol
I have just made my brunch, cheesy muffins, will let you know shortly how they come out, my first attempt and they smell divine xx

Last edited:
Another late morning courtesy of my noisy neighbour, who with her delightful friends, decided to keep me awake by screaming shouting banging doors and playing music until nearly 5am, but her day is coming, the s*it will hit the fan sooner than she thinks lol
I have just made my brunch, cheesy muffins, will let you know shortly how they come out, my first attempt and they smell divine xx

Thank you very muchly:) oh my goodness what a nightmare with your neighbours:eek: cheesy muffins mmmm.

Hi Surrey, thank you for your kind words, can't wait for the even lovelier profile pic when I am at target lol :p
I have always taken pics when losing weight but like everything else (until now) it all fell by the wayside, this is the first time I have ever kept up a constant flow of pictures, taken every month or every 2 months, depending on whether I can actually see any difference lol, it still amazes me that I am an inspiration to anyone but if I am able to "help" anyone with their journey by relaying mine whether it be verbal or in picture form then I am over the moon.
Ok to quote a message in your post, just click on the quote sign on the bottom right hand side of the page you want to quote from, next to the thanks box, and it will bring that quote into the box that you are typing into, if that makes sense xx

Thank you very muchly:) oh my goodness what a nightmare with your neighbours:eek: cheesy muffins mmmm.

The cheesy muffins were delish, I had to restrain myself from eating all 6 lol...but that wouldn't have been too bad works out HEXA + 1.5 syns, I can go for that lol.
Noisy neighbour gonna get it ...been keeping a diary for over 2 years and this week got phone call from council saying they are now going to act on it ...at last lol xx

Going to put up the recipe for Cheesy Muffins now x

ooooh lol I was trying to get the multi quote to work earlier, I guess i know how it works now lol xx

Cheesey Muffins

Red Onion
Bacon
Sausage
6 x Laughing cow light
Warm water
3 eggs, beaten
Mixed herbs
----------------------------------------------------------------

Fry up chopped red onion, bacon, free sausages in fry light, (you could use mushrooms too, or whatever you fancy). Whisk 6 Laughing Cow light with a little water into a smooth paste, then whisk it into 3 eggs, some dried herbs and pepper.
Add sausage, bacon and onion to the mix and split between silicone cake cases. Put in a hot preheated oven for about 20 mins or until risen and springy to the touch.

I got this recipe fo minimins, I am in the process of "stealing" as many recipes as i can find that I think I will like lol...boredom has always been my downfall in the past so I am forward planning lol xx

Cheesey Muffins

Red Onion
Bacon
Sausage
6 x Laughing cow light
Warm water
3 eggs, beaten
Mixed herbs
----------------------------------------------------------------

Fry up chopped red onion, bacon, free sausages in fry light, (you could use mushrooms too, or whatever you fancy). Whisk 6 Laughing Cow light with a little water into a smooth paste, then whisk it into 3 eggs, some dried herbs and pepper.
Add sausage, bacon and onion to the mix and split between silicone cake cases. Put in a hot preheated oven for about 20 mins or until risen and springy to the touch.

I got this recipe fo minimins, I am in the process of "stealing" as many recipes as i can find that I think I will like lol...boredom has always been my downfall in the past so I am forward planning lol xx

Oooo they sound lovely yum yum will deffo be making those tomorrow!!!xxx

Today's menu

EE

Breakfast:
3 x Cheesy Muffins (1/2 HEXa)
2 x Plums
Huge Juicy Peach
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Apple
Handful of Strawberries
Water (1 pint)

Mid afternoon:
2 x Cheesy Muffins (1/2 HEXa)
2 x Yellow Plums
Cup of tea 0.5 syns for milk

Dinner:
Creamy Chicken and Bacon 6 syns YUM YUM YUM
New Potatoes
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Mangetout and Sugarsnap Peas
Strawberries and Ice cream (made from frozen Vanilla FF Yoghurt)
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
Banana
Plums
Peach
1 hi-fi bar (HEXb)

Have done 1 hour 30 mins exercise so far
Drunk another 2 pints of water

Total for today = 8 syns

Last edited:
I forgot this morning that I had already planned to have the Creamy chicken and bacon, so used my Hexa on the muffins, and it uses 16 Laughing cow lights for 4 people, well I just had it for the first time, OMG the sauce was better than any sauce I have ever had before, I would never have thought of making a cheese sauce with LC's and water...but it was really really yummy ...I am making Cauliflower cheese and Carbonara over the next couple of weeks, I know what sauce I am using lol xx

Back