Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hubby took some pics of me while I was exercising, he sure knows how to get a flattering pose ...NOT!!! ...lol but I am glad he did makes my picture diary more complete seeing myself put the effort in.
Had an NSV too...can't be asked to record it on the NSV thread so I will post it here instead....the jogging pants that I am wearing in my new Avatar, just barely fitted me when i bought them out of my birthday money back in June, had to really struggle to get them over my belly, today I could not only get them up and over easily, but while I was exercising they kept slipping down so had to tighten the drawstrings and this is the bit that's really pleased me...to as tight as they will go wooohooo...and booohooo...will have to go buy a smaller size soon ...more money, I must get these manufacturers to make them so that they shrink as we do lol

Last edited:
I've had a nosy at the pics Lily and I am so impressed. I can't believe you're the same woman. You are fantastic :)

I wish I looked like that when I'm exercising. I go purple and sweaty and look like I'm about to explode :D

I've had a nosy at the pics Lily and I am so impressed. I can't believe you're the same woman. You are fantastic :)

I wish I looked like that when I'm exercising. I go purple and sweaty and look like I'm about to explode :D

Thank you so much Tilly, I don't recognise her either and thankfully I won't have to, cos she is NEVER coming back!!
Lmao so do I hun, like I said that's the flattering one, wait till I put the rest up...I asked him why he thought it was ok to take pics of me looking like a wild woman and dripping in sweat, with hair akimbo lol xx

the jogging pants that I am wearing in my new Avatar, just barely fitted me when i bought them out of my birthday money back in June, had to really struggle to get them over my belly, today I could not only get them up and over easily, but while I was exercising they kept slipping down so had to tighten the drawstrings and this is the bit that's really pleased me...to as tight as they will go wooohooo...and booohooo...will have to go buy a smaller size soon

:happy096: Look at you fly! :clap::clap:

Your poor hubby is going to feel his wallet getting lighter at this rate. Sure he doesn't mind one bit. ;)

:happy096: Look at you fly! :clap::clap:

Your poor hubby is going to feel his wallet getting lighter at this rate. Sure he doesn't mind one bit. ;)

Oh no hun, not my hubby, my brother (the loaded one) is buying me a whole new wardrobe (as a belated 50th birthday pressie) and when I feel confident enough he's also paying for me to go to visit my friend in Australia, he keeps asking are you ready, No but I sure will let you know when I am lol
All my other siblings got a holiday from him for their 50th, I am the last one to claim my gifts lol xx

Maltesers !! Ha , at least you have reminded yourself that they arent that wonderful anyway..Love your menu for today, and as you said , you have got straight back on with it today..I really want to try that rice pudding with crumble yoghurt . I was in the supermarket today but didnt know where to find pudding rice.

Oh yes the Maltesers saga, I had almost forgotten, had my stir fry for dinner and am still relishing it lol and yes I didn't enjoy them after the first handful...I have to say the first 5 or 6 tasted wonderful, but after that it was seriously a case of just having to finish them...oh well, next time anyone buys me anything like that they are going straight in the bin...I kid you not !
Sorry can't help you hun, I do my shopping on line, but you really do need to try it as it delicious with a capital D....got mine chilling as we speak...too full right now for it but later, yum yum lol xx

Usually the pudding rice is in the baking aisle. ;)

I'm thinking that same regarding chocolate. Those little toddler bags in the pick and mix sections in supermarkets might be better for me. Just a few and enough to enjoy.

Well Lily, looks like you've got loads to look forward to in the future. What a lovely incentive to push onwards and downwards! :D

Last edited:
OK so tonight was wi night and I knew I would...could just feel it ...I put on 2lbs...no explanation other than maybe the thyroxin which I have restarted again today, and we'll see over the next few weeks if it makes a difference, if not I can at least rule it out, so now I have to put my nose to the grindstone and get that 2.5lb off for my next shiny by next week, it will be mine and so will the next one by end of August, I AM DETERMINED lol xx

You will do it lily I know you will, love the new photos.

I didn't like the watercress soup, my favourite soup is mushroom and bacon yummy:D I have a small bowl everynight for supper.
Jane x

You will do it lily I know you will, love the new photos.

I didn't like the watercress soup, my favourite soup is mushroom and bacon yummy:D I have a small bowl everynight for supper.
Jane x

Hello Jane,
Thank you, I am liking the new photos too, makes a change to see me in something other than black ;)
I'm not down about the weight gain, it happens, maybe a few more times than it should be for me :confused:, but putting myself back on the thyroxin will hopefully help and having blood test in a week or so, will tell how my under-active thyroid is actually doing :eek:.
I loved the watercress soup the lady bought into group last night, I could have eaten the lot lol, but what I made today was so disgusting, I can honestly say I felt totally sick, made myself a salad sandwich instead and iI could still taste the darn soup while eating it :yuk: I love the chunky minestrone soup I should have stuck with that ....oh and the lentil and bacon both yummy..ah well like all things, lesson learnt :D
How are you hun, not seen you about for a few days ?
Hope you're keeping well xx

Hi lily- look after yourself and the gain will come off in no time x

Thank you Roziee, I know it will and hopefully (silly woman that I am sometimes), now that I have put myself back on the thyroxin it won't happen as often, just didn't even think of the implications...another lesson learnt lol.
Hope you're keeping well hun xx

Hello Jane,
Thank you, I am liking the new photos too, makes a change to see me in something other than black ;)
I'm not down about the weight gain, it happens, maybe a few more times than it should be for me :confused:, but putting myself back on the thyroxin will hopefully help and having blood test in a week or so, will tell how my under-active thyroid is actually doing :eek:.
I loved the watercress soup the lady bought into group last night, I could have eaten the lot lol, but what I made today was so disgusting, I can honestly say I felt totally sick, made myself a salad sandwich instead and iI could still taste the darn soup while eating it :yuk: I love the chunky minestrone soup I should have stuck with that ....oh and the lentil and bacon both yummy..ah well like all things, lesson learnt :D
How are you hun, not seen you about for a few days ?
Hope you're keeping well xx

Hi lily, Hubby been in bed for a few days had a accident on monday, slipped of a stool, it started on monday tea time, washing machine flooded the kitchen, I am trying to mop everything up, knocked the clock off the wall, dinner is cooking and boiling over, hubby then goes mad because the glass smashed in the clock and glass goes everywhere, not happy, after getting everything sorted hubby sorts the clock out and trys to put it back on the wall, stands on a step stool, which he shouldn't of, he's disabled, which he has not got his head round yet, thinks he can still do things, then slips off the stool, so he's been in bed since monday driving me mad with a swollen back and side, the side that he has muscle, tissue and nerve demage, but its calm down now so he's abit better, you would of thought it was friday the 13th lol, Sunday was a great day, bbq at my son's had a fastatic time, then this all happens on monday.:)
Its nice to get back to the forum and see whats been going on. Thanks for asking lily.

Jane x

Hi lily, Hubby been in bed for a few days had a accident on monday, slipped of a stool, it started on monday tea time, washing machine flooded the kitchen, I am trying to mop everything up, knocked the clock off the wall, dinner is cooking and boiling over, hubby then goes mad because the glass smashed in the clock and glass goes everywhere, not happy, after getting everything sorted hubby sorts the clock out and trys to put it back on the wall, stands on a step stool, which he shouldn't of, he's disabled, which he has not got his head round yet, thinks he can still do things, then slips off the stool, so he's been in bed since monday driving me mad with a swollen back and side, the side that he has muscle, tissue and nerve demage, but its calm down now so he's abit better, you would of thought it was friday the 13th lol, Sunday was a great day, bbq at my son's had a fastatic time, then this all happens on monday.:)
Its nice to get back to the forum and see whats been going on. Thanks for asking lily.

Jane x

:welcome: back hun, I did miss ya...oh poor hubby, I hope he's up and about real soon...I know how he feels about not accepting he's disabled, I had an accident at work 14 years ago...I worked in elderly residential care and had a lady who had learning difficulties and had been in care her entire life, she decides one night, as we were helping her to stand, that she doesn't want to and puts her arms round my neck and lifts her feet off the floor (she was in a plaster cast after a number of falls and was under the impression she shouldn't have been standing on her cast), she weighed over 400lb and I had her hanging like a tie off my neck...as you can imagine ...I was about 14st at the time...my back didn't take kindly to that much weight and caused major problems, 12 years ago my hospital discharged me (after I spent 2 years almost entirely doing nothing, I had gone from a very active job to nothing and gained over 15st in 2 years), told me that I would be in a wheelchair, couldn't say when just that I would...for close on 10 years I waited and wallowed in self pity, for the day it would come true, then about 2-3 years ago I woke up and thought NO...I still have limitations and I hate it ....but I can exercise as long as I do some then rest, I still find it hard to walk long distances but I am building it up daily, I keep telling myself I can and will do these things and so far I have, but I have a crumbling spine so maybe I will end up in the wheelchair, but I'm not going in it without a bloody good fight, that's why I think I have so much determination now...I don't want to give in to it and I can totally see why your hubby can't accept it and he shouldn't to a degree...I know if I were to give in I would go in that wheelchair and never get out of it ...plus I use Tony Little as my inspiration, if he can become a fitness expert (if you don't know who he is Google him) after breaking his back and being told he would never walk again, I am sure I can do it too
God I do ramble when I get the bit between my teeth don't I lol xx

I remember Tony Little. I bought one of his exercise machines off QVC years ago. Was fun, too, but just didn't have room for it in the bedroom.

Had no idea he'd been injured. He's so full of energy.

Wow!

Lily, I just want to say that I have been reading your diary and it reads so honest and genuine and soooo positive:D I had a wee look at your exercise photos which show such determination and effort and, boy, are the results really showing:) I've been so inspired by them that instead of procrastinating about whether I can face taking my fat ass to a gym, I am now actually going to phone them this morning and book a personal induction session:eek:

Lily, I just want to say that I have been reading your diary and it reads so honest and genuine and soooo positive:D I had a wee look at your exercise photos which show such determination and effort and, boy, are the results really showing:) I've been so inspired by them that instead of procrastinating about whether I can face taking my fat ass to a gym, I am now actually going to phone them this morning and book a personal induction session:eek:

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am so happy to have been some kind of inspiration to you and anyone else for that matter...in one of my very first posts on minimins, I told someone my life was like a fairy story, and it does sound even to me like it is, but I can assure you every word is true.
I hate talking about what has gone on especially the accident and other personal stuff, but if I can show people that they can do this by putting myself up as an example (this is the main reason I put the horrible pics hubby took, on here) then I am happy if just 1 person takes that on board and helps themselves.
Good luck with your journey, congrats on joining the gym , makes me proud that someone would do that because of something I said or did, and please pop back and let me know how you get on ...gl hun and ty again xx

I remember Tony Little. I bought one of his exercise machines off QVC years ago. Was fun, too, but just didn't have room for it in the bedroom.

Had no idea he'd been injured. He's so full of energy.

He was in a serious car accident, and as I understand it broke his back or at least badly injured it enough to make him give up, put loads of weight on and end up, all be it temporarily, in a wheelchair.
A few years ago, someone bought me his biography back from USA ...I can't say that at the time when I read it, it was what inspired me, because at that time I don't think a bomb could have got me moving, but now more than ever he does inspire me, I recall that he had a number of sayings one of which was, "Conceive, Believe and Achieve" and I took that to mean, if you think you can do it, believe you can do it, then you CAN do it and that is my Mantra...plus I am competitive, so I don't like to not be able to do anything, so if I start something, you can guarantee I will do everything in my power to be the best at it that I can be ...hence the exercise ..it's not going to beat me !! xx

plus I am competitive, so I don't like to not be able to do anything, so if I start something, you can guarantee I will do everything in my power to be the best at it that I can be ...hence the exercise ..it's not going to beat me !! xx

Ah now thats me exactly. Not really competitive with other people but absolutely trying to challenge myself all the time in most areas really.
Love trying to see just how far I can take things and can't bear to think something can beat me. :D

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am so happy to have been some kind of inspiration to you and anyone else for that matter...in one of my very first posts on minimins, I told someone my life was like a fairy story, and it does sound even to me like it is, but I can assure you every word is true.
I hate talking about what has gone on especially the accident and other personal stuff, but if I can show people that they can do this by putting myself up as an example (this is the main reason I put the horrible pics hubby took, on here) then I am happy if just 1 person takes that on board and helps themselves.
Good luck with your journey, congrats on joining the gym , makes me proud that someone would do that because of something I said or did, and please pop back and let me know how you get on ...gl hun and ty again xx

Well been and gone and done it now:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:...induction booked for next Tuesday at 9.15am:happy036:providing I don't have a cardiac arrest:hitthefan:I will definitely let you know how I get on:)

Back