Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hi Lily , I love reading your posts.. Your food always looks so inviting and varied too..
I loved what you said about your husband as it is so like mine.. I spent most of the day out alone yesterday to get away from him.. I ended up walking for hours and today >>>well!!!!! PAIN .. good though.
Im sad to read that you have been called names .. How dare people do it !! It makes me so bl**dy angry when people think they have a right to make any personal remark about anyones appearance .. Its amazing ... I really hope you get more confident but you shouldnt ever have to feel put down by ignorant, rude people who obviously are too shallow minded to know what really matters in life.

Hi Lily , I love reading your posts.. Your food always looks so inviting and varied too..
I loved what you said about your husband as it is so like mine.. I spent most of the day out alone yesterday to get away from him.. I ended up walking for hours and today >>>well!!!!! PAIN .. good though.
Im sad to read that you have been called names .. How dare people do it !! It makes me so bl**dy angry when people think they have a right to make any personal remark about anyones appearance .. Its amazing ... I really hope you get more confident but you shouldnt ever have to feel put down by ignorant, rude people who obviously are too shallow minded to know what really matters in life.

Thanks hun, I always look at those people and feel sorry for them, how sad a life they must have if all they have to do is take the mickey out of me and anyone else that is afflicted in any way. I also believe in Karma and it will come back to them for sure, so who is going to have the last laugh then xx

Hi Lily
I am 3 pages behind :eek:

I too am a gemini :D

Your food piccies look amazing :)

Hope you are enjoying having your grandchildren there xxxxx

Hi Jackie, I am loving having the kids here, they have me in stitches all day lol
Promised them they could have a late night tonight, we are just about to start a game of Disney Trivial Pursuit...they only ever want to play that as they know that Nanna can't win it lol
Oooh another thing before I go...you have to try the dinner I had tonight, was absolutely delicious, probably my current favourite and then followed that with Jane's Lemon Pudding...a bowl full of heaven ...will put both recipes up here...you really need to try them xx

Spicy sausage spaghetti
Ingredients:
8 Morrisons 60% fat free Cumberland sausages
150g button mushrooms
2 cloves garlic sliced
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp herbs
680g passata
Linguine
Fry Light (FL)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Skin sausages and cut into 4 and roll into balls. Heat a pan and spray with FL , cook sausage balls and then remove to a plate. Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 mins. Add chilli, sweetener and passata , stir and simmer for 10 mins. Return sausages to the pan and cook for 10 mins or until the sauce has reduced, season to taste. Cook your spaghetti as per instructions and serve the sausage meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti.
This works just as well with Rice, Cous Cous and Jacket potatoes.

1 Syn per serving on EE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jane’s Lemon/lime/orange Pudding

1 or 2 Lemon’s/Lime’s/Orange’s
2 eggs
3 /4 Tbsp sweetener
Quark or 0% Greek Yoghurt
Squeeze the lemon/lime/orange into a bowl with the eggs and sweetener and mix together. Place bowl over a pan of boiling water and keep whisking until it thickens (custard looking) take off the heat and whisk in 1 tbsp quark or yoghurt to make it creamier and chill in fridge.

The Lemon and Lime were gorgeous ...wasn't so keen myself on the orange one, didn't seem to work x

First thing I want to say is don't worry I get chatty all the time..I'm a Gemini it's my job as one to talk my ar*e off lol
Secondly, weight has nothing to do with finding the right one or settling down, although I agree it might affect your chances of a family in medical terms.
I have been overweight all my life (well since I was a teenager and I'm now 53), I was 19st 10lb when I met my husband and believe me he was a man that a lotttt of women wanted, why he wanted me I never did know till recently...and I now know it's because I am special, caring and a loving woman who really loved him and still do even after 36 years. My husband has seen me at my lowest weight of 10st 7lbs and my heaviest of 31st 7lbs and has always loved me, told me I'm beautiful, will still do anything for me and we cuddle and kiss like teenagers even to this day and since I have lost the 11st we have been able to go back to cuddling up on the sofa again (my youngest is always saying "get a room" and I love it lol) That special person is out there looking for you, you just have to believe that one day he will find you xx

P.S. How weird is that, I just looked at your stats, you are just 2lb heavier than I was when I met my hubby xx

I agree with you there about your hubby lily, you found a good one, my hubby has seen me at my highest weight and my lowest weight and he still loves me, he’s my soul mate, we are very close and have been together for 44years and married for 30 of those years, we still kiss and cuddle a lot and tell each other we love each other:lilkiss:, I do believe there is someone special for each and everyone of us, even if it takes you a while to find each other. xx

Spicy sausage spaghetti
Ingredients:
150g button mushrooms
2 cloves garlic sliced
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp herbs
680g passata
Linguine
Fry Light (FL)
Skin sausages and cut into 4 and roll into balls. Heat a pan and spray with FL , cook sausage balls and then remove to a plate. Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 mins. Add chilli, sweetener and passata , stir and simmer for 10 mins. Return sausages to the pan and cook for 10 mins or until the sauce has reduced, season to taste. Cook your spaghetti as per instructions and serve the sausage meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti.

1 Syn per serving on EE.

2 eggs
3 /4 Tbsp sweetener
Squeeze the lemon/lime/orange into a bowl with the eggs and sweetener and mix together. Place bowl over a pan of boiling water and keep whisking until it thickens (custard looking) take off the heat and whisk in 1 tbsp quark or yoghurt to make it creamier and chill in fridge.

The Lemon and Lime were gorgeous ...wasn't so keen myself on the orange one, didn't seem to work x

I agree with you there about the orange one, lemon one was lovely, glad you liked it, if you like mixed berries and meringues I did a dessert today called mixed berries and eton mess, if you would like this one.

Jane x

I agree with you there about your hubby lily, you found a good one, my hubby has seen me at my highest weight and my lowest weight and he still loves me, he’s my soul mate, we are very close and have been together for 44years and married for 30 of those years, we still kiss and cuddle a lot and tell each other we love each other:lilkiss:, I do believe there is someone special for each and everyone of us, even if it takes you a while to find each other. xx

Hi Jane, aren't we the lucky ones and I am being serious...I have 6 brothers and sisters and everyone of them is divorced or in a bad marriage...I guess I just got lucky. I didn't have to kiss that many frogs before I found my Prince either lol...we met when I was 17, he was 30 and had been married 3 times...none of his marriages lasting more than a year or so, he was, I think looking for a mother figure (his mother had a cerebral hemmorhage when her was 7 and he didn't see her for 2 years and by the time she came back home, she wasn't the same woman and he couldn't reconnect with her), we had all the usual cradle snatcher comments and it won't last, I was supposed to be looking for a father figure yawn yawn yawn..but we have proved them wrong, even if we did only get married 12 years ago...he was scared and I had to be sure lol...but we are definitely soul mates, different as chalk and cheese but so in tune with each other, we're like jigsaw pieces that fit snuggly together.

Anyway, before I go...I LOVE YOUR LEMON PUDDING...it's a new favourite in this house, thank you for the recipe xx

Spicy sausage spaghetti
Ingredients:
150g button mushrooms
2 cloves garlic sliced
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp herbs
680g passata
Linguine
Fry Light (FL)

1 Syn per serving on EE.

2 eggs
3 /4 Tbsp sweetener

once again Lily, your recipes look AWESOME, and have spent alot of today reading back thru your diary to get some for my collection :D
Ive finally got back on track, and posted in my diary for the first time since the start of July. I need to keep on top of it now, as I think it would help.
Just a quick word of warning re 'Janes Lemon Pudding' -the lemon and lime versions would be free, but if you used orange you'd have to syn it, so maybe its a good job it didnt work ;)
Also if you add the lemon or lime zest too it makes it extra nommy :D xx

Thanks for the recipes ladies I shall try the lemon pudding tomorrow as I have lemons and quark :D

I will try that sausage casserole too Lily but haven't any sausages at the moment :(

I've been married 24 years this year. We have our moments but generally hes a good un :) xxxxx

once again Lily, your recipes look AWESOME, and have spent alot of today reading back thru your diary to get some for my collection :D
Ive finally got back on track, and posted in my diary for the first time since the start of July. I need to keep on top of it now, as I think it would help.
Just a quick word of warning re 'Janes Lemon Pudding' -the lemon and lime versions would be free, but if you used orange you'd have to syn it, so maybe its a good job it didnt work ;)
Also if you add the lemon or lime zest too it makes it extra nommy :D xx

Well done hun for getting back on track. I'm afraid i can't take any credit for any of the recipes the only thing I can take credit for is for searching them out on here...everyday I trawl the recipe threads, any diary's and so on.
Thanks for the heads up on the orange, completely forgot that, thank goodness I only had a taste lol I made sure I got a Lime one...I just love Lime yummm...oh yeah I always use the zest myself, but leave it up to others to make that choice themselves....have you got a link to your diary, I'd love to pop by and say hi xx

Thanks for the recipes ladies I shall try the lemon pudding tomorrow as I have lemons and quark :D

I will try that sausage casserole too Lily but haven't any sausages at the moment :(

I've been married 24 years this year. We have our moments but generally hes a good un :) xxxxx

We all have our moments hun, but I know I've got a good un' so I'll keep him for a little while longer lol
Definitely try the sausage spaghetti...I have to admit I added a few extra herbs...I just love them and a dash of soy sauce and worcestershire sauce as hubby doesn't like anything too tomatoey and it was perfect xx

note to self, make time to read lily's diary regularly cos catching up takes ages,:D

I loved your description of your marriage, bit like my own, been married 22 yearsand can't imagine life without him (don't want him to know that thougth!);)
As to being called names this is something i have a real problem with:mad: i do not understand why people feel they have the right to do this and the effect on peoples confidence is so dramatic.
Currently i think the media is fueling the problem and encouraging society to bash fat people :mad:
OK rant over :D

lily i love your sausage rec so going to try that this weekend i think x
mandy x

note to self, make time to read lily's diary regularly cos catching up takes ages,:D

I loved your description of your marriage, bit like my own, been married 22 yearsand can't imagine life without him (don't want him to know that thougth!);)
As to being called names this is something i have a real problem with:mad: i do not understand why people feel they have the right to do this and the effect on peoples confidence is so dramatic.
Currently i think the media is fueling the problem and encouraging society to bash fat people :mad:
OK rant over :D

lily i love your sausage rec so going to try that this weekend i think x
mandy x

Hi Mandy,
I just count myself so lucky that I have got a good man that's understanding, hard working, thoughtful, and just about everything you could want...He does know what I think about him, but I hope the memory isn't as good as it used to be, cos I don't want him knocking his head on the door as he goes through it lol
Respect that's what's missing, I would, even at my daughter's ages (32 and 22) pull them up and give them what for if I ever heard them talk to or about anyone in that way..in fact when they were at school I used to say to them if I ever heard they'd bullied anyone then I would bully them, see if they liked it. I am 100% sure my girls would never do that, everybody and I do mean everybody who meets them, say how lovely they are and always have been and now I hear all the same things being said about my grandchildren and it makes my heart swell with pride.
I totally agree about the media they have a lot to answer for...personally I don't really watch the news, read papers or read articles in magazines or on the internet, because they are interested in is what I would call speculation and gossip. When I see the hard facts being written or talked about then I'll read it or watch it.

The sausage recipe is lovely, there were 7 of us here tonight and it was a huge success with everyone xx

Lily42uk said:
Well done hun for getting back on track. I'm afraid i can't take any credit for any of the recipes the only thing I can take credit for is for searching them out on here...everyday I trawl the recipe threads, any diary's and so on.
Thanks for the heads up on the orange, completely forgot that, thank goodness I only had a taste lol I made sure I got a Lime one...I just love Lime yummm...oh yeah I always use the zest myself, but leave it up to others to make that choice themselves....have you got a link to your diary, I'd love to pop by and say hi xx

Don't really know if this'll work as I'm trying it from my phone but my diary should be at:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

If not, click on my name at the top of my post and it'll take you to my profile! Then you can click on the bit that says 'statistics' and look at all the threads ive started! My diary is called Jo's journey to infinity and beyond xx

That Spicy sausage spaghetti has to be tried on my family. Right up their street. Nice economical recipe, too.

Now I want to try Jane's Lemon pud even more. Tomorrow night its mine!

DH and I celebrate our 24th anniversary in January. Seems really sappy to say but each year does get better and better. He's so funny and good natured.
He gives me a confidence, too, that no one else ever has in my life. Fat or thin.
He thinks I can do anything, achieve anything.
Hope I do as much for him.:eek:

Have you got the grandkiddies settled yet Lily?

That Spicy sausage spaghetti has to be tried on my family. Right up their street. Nice economical recipe, too.

Now I want to try Jane's Lemon pud even more. Tomorrow night its mine!

DH and I celebrate our 24th anniversary in January. Seems really sappy to say but each year does get better and better. He's so funny and good natured.
He gives me a confidence, too, that no one else ever has in my life. Fat or thin.
He thinks I can do anything, achieve anything.
Hope I do as much for him.:eek:

Have you got the grandkiddies settled yet Lily?

Malcy does the same for me hun, he really gives me so much confidence, I don't feel I need anyone else that much, I am quite independent, so it's not that I rely on him, he just makes me feel really good about myself.
If Malcy and I had got married when he first asked me and we first set a date (I was the one who kept cancelling, was just really convinced I wasn't good enough), we would have celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary this year, but I held off for another 13 years and in fact probably would still be dithering now if he hadn't said come with me I want to show you something....and took me to the registry office and made me set a date then and there (he knew as soon as I officially set a date I would go through with it), I was about the weight I am now the day we got married, I never wanted a church wedding...me centre of attention, bad enough the way we did it without a church do and big reception no way, we got married, came back home for a couple of hours with our 22 guests (all close family and just my best friend and her hubby) and then about 6pm we went to the local Thai restaurant, that my brother had completely booked for the evening, we had the whole restaurant to ourselves it was lovely, my brother paid for everything including 12 bottles of champagne at £85 a bottle, I hate to think what the final bill was, and that was our wedding present from him. We then went back to my home where we partied till the early hours, and my sister took my youngest for a week, while hubby and I had a lovely week alone, couldn't afford a honeymoon (which he still owes me lol) and we had a lovely time all by ourselves, and I loved every second of it and if I was to do it all again (and we have said once I get to target we want to retake our vows with a blessing in church this time), I would do it exactly the same other than a blessing.

Hun you can't go wrong with the spicy sausage it was absolutely lovely, a huge hit here...I put 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes and a dash or 2 of worcester and soy sauce plus my favourite herbs and spices (a tsp each of coriander, basil, parsley, smoked paprika and chinese 5 spice), but that's up to you if you do that, I only did it cos Malcy doesn't like it too tomatoey.
And as for Jane's Lemon/Lime/Orange pudding...apart from the fact the orange (tigger realised) has syns, it's also nasty but the Lemon and Lime were absolutely gorgeous...I love Lime more than Lemon so that was the best, but I wouldn't say no to either ...really tasty ...I too am going to make it again tomorrow lol .
My grandchildren stay regularly hun they only live a few miles away but I hadn't seen them for a monthas they had been staying at my sisters since they broke up from school for the summer, I really missed them, I must see them even during school term about 3 or 4 times a week so a month is forever lol.
We had a lovely (quick) game of Trivial Pursuit (Disney one) and everyone joined in except Malcy, I think he only knows who Mickey and Donald are lol...was really good fun and the kids went to bed at 10.30 with a small midnight feast lol...my last pack of 94% fat free popcorn, no wonder they love coming here hehehe...plus the little beggars got £10 each for doing odd jobs (they are going on holiday to Majorca in September and want their spending money)but what made me laugh is Kia that's the middle granddaughter and is 10, had written out a list of jobs she was willing to do and a price list of charges :8855: she's a canny little bugger, got to love them eh lol xx

what made me laugh is Kia that's the middle granddaughter and is 10, had written out a list of jobs she was willing to do and a price list of charges :8855: she's a canny little bugger, got to love them eh lol xx

:8855:She'll go far!

I think I will add those extra herbs/spices to the sausage spaghetti because I'm with your malcy on not like fines too tomatoey.
Well that means I've got Sat/Sun and Mon meals sorted so far. :D

:8855:She'll go far!

I think I will add those extra herbs/spices to the sausage spaghetti because I'm with your malcy on not like fines too tomatoey.
Well that means I've got Sat/Sun and Mon meals sorted so far. :D

Lol she is an Arthur Daley in the making that one, always got a get rich quick idea and even though she's Dyslexic, her Maths is spot on, she knows down to the penny what you owe her :8855:
I was worried that Malcy wouldn't like the dinner, because you use a lot passata, it really did look Tomatoey, even with the other ingredients I added, but he was full of praise for it, so must have been good, I love simple cheap meals ...wtg on the meals being sorted, same here lol We are having Mung Bean wraps toinight, Mince and Potato dumplings Sat, Roast sunday and Monday we are having home made luxury fish pie (unless I change my mind of course lol)...really looking forward to these meals, yum yum,hope they are as good as I am dreaming they will be lol xx

drooling reading about your meals :)

I have never had suishi....

Your wedding sounded perfect actually Lily :D and its lovely that you are still so happy :)

That made me chuckle re your granddaughter and what she'd do for what price :8855:she'll go far that one

Hope you are having a fab day xxxxx

drooling reading about your meals :)

I have never had suishi....

Your wedding sounded perfect actually Lily :D and its lovely that you are still so happy :)

That made me chuckle re your granddaughter and what she'd do for what price :8855:she'll go far that one

Hope you are having a fab day xxxxx

Hi hun, I only tried sushi myself a few weeks ago, one of the girls brought it in for the buffet night we have at group every month and I absolutely loved it, really nice and really low syns if any.
My wedding was perfect hun, I absolutely loved it, Malcy wasn't sure I'd "feel married" or that I would feel cheated, no way i had the day I wanted and shared it with the people I wanted was perfect, even if I did giggle all the way through the ceremony (I tend to get the giggles when I'm nervous), my sister said all she could see was my shoulders going up and down and she started giggling too cos she's the same lol
All 3 of my grandkids are canny little so and so's, but Kia is the ring leader lol...Kelsi the eldest knows how to wrap everyone round her little finger and often does and Jack Jack, is cute and plays on that lol...or is it just that I adore them ?? either way they have me and their granddad where they want us lol xx

Home Made Sushi

21 pieces for 10 syns and they were quite large pieces too.

Back