Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

WOW Lily they look fab. I am still undecided and daren't try it..

I get the giggles easily especially if nervous, or I say stupid things or it will come out wrong, I try to explain what I meant and make it worse lol :( no hope for me.

I have a sinusy headache today and its horrid and won't go away so I'm reading little bits as I can.

Hope you've had fun with the grandchildren Lily they sound fab :D xxxxx

Hi hun, I only tried sushi myself a few weeks ago, one of the girls brought it in for the buffet night we have at group every month and I absolutely loved it, really nice and really low syns if any.
My wedding was perfect hun, I absolutely loved it, Malcy wasn't sure I'd "feel married" or that I would feel cheated, no way i had the day I wanted and shared it with the people I wanted was perfect, even if I did giggle all the way through the ceremony (I tend to get the giggles when I'm nervous), my sister said all she could see was my shoulders going up and down and she started giggling too cos she's the same lol
All 3 of my grandkids are canny little so and so's, but Kia is the ring leader lol...Kelsi the eldest knows how to wrap everyone round her little finger and often does and Jack Jack, is cute and plays on that lol...or is it just that I adore them ?? either way they have me and their granddad where they want us lol xx

Home Made Sushi

21 pieces for 10 syns and they were quite large pieces too.

Your grandchildren sound really lovely, I know what you mean our grandchildren can wrap us round their little fingers and they know it to, our older one who is 9, comes to us if she can't get what she wants off her mother and thinks nannie and grandad will let me have it, you have to laugh at them.

I have tried sushi not my cup of tea, but they do look nice in the photo.

Lily I have put a photo of the wii sport active 2 on my food diary and whats included in the package, I think you should go for it.
I am liking your awards, well done.

Jane x

Can we please stop all these soppy posts about your husbands. I come on here to get away from mine :D

Only kidding cos I love him really. Unless he's done something to annoy me - like breathing :8855:

:8855: That's so funny, strange Malcy didn't think so, can't think why lol xx

WOW Lily they look fab. I am still undecided and daren't try it..

I get the giggles easily especially if nervous, or I say stupid things or it will come out wrong, I try to explain what I meant and make it worse lol :( no hope for me.

I have a sinusy headache today and its horrid and won't go away so I'm reading little bits as I can.

Hope you've had fun with the grandchildren Lily they sound fab :D xxxxx

They were nice, notice I say were hehe, don't last long in this house with 7 hungry mouths lol.
My giggles have got me in trouble so many times, laughing at funerals is not considered appropriate for some reason (like I said when nervous, could be me next lol).
I haven't had a sinus headache for ages *touch wood* but the only thing that would clear it when I did have one was Sudafed, I swear by them.
I always have fun with the little uns, we did a bit more on the wii today, I am to put it politely knackered, they don't let me get away with the easy stuff like tennis lol..marching bands, the cycles and jogging..they really want to work my legs (which by the way are throbbing like mad, but as they say no pain no gain lol), and boy are they working them, but it is a bit naughty when they get me to do these things and they sit laughing or playing on their DS's ..cheeky so and so's lol. xx

OK Today's Menu :

EE/SE

Breakfast:
Fruit salad, Apple, peach, plum, melon and orange
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint )

Mid morning:
Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Banana

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Strawberries
Water (1 pint)

Mid Afternoon:
Home Made Sushi (Seaweed, rice, smoked salmon, peppers and cucumber + soy sauce) 2 syns

Dinner:
Mung Bean Wrap*
Chicken
Mixed Salad
Half Fat Sour Cream 1 tbsp 1 syn
Salsa 1 syn
Mango Chutney 2.5 syns
42g Low fat Cheddar (Hexa)

Extras:
Peach
Alpen Bars x 2 (Hexb)
Water (2 pints) while exercising for 1 hour 30 mins
Crumble Yoghurt 0.5 syns

*Mung Bean Wraps didn't work, they ended up more like Mung Bean Frittata, but were very tasty, will definitely try again.

Total for today = 9 syns

27/105

Last edited:
That sushi looks so professional. WELL DONE the lot of you for making that.

Am away to my bed. This cold is Yuck!

Sees you tomorrow. Night night. ;)

Your grandchildren sound really lovely, I know what you mean our grandchildren can wrap us round their little fingers and they know it to, our older one who is 9, comes to us if she can't get what she wants off her mother and thinks nannie and grandad will let me have it, you have to laugh at them.

I have tried sushi not my cup of tea, but they do look nice in the photo.

Lily I have put a photo of the wii sport active 2 on my food diary and whats included in the package, I think you should go for it.
I am liking your awards, well done.

Jane x

Hi Jane, they are lovely, the eldest Kelsi will be 13 in a couple of weeks, and she's so tiny, but so grown up and so a Nanny's girl lol....Kia is 10 and she wants to be (and has done since she was 5) a biker chick, come tomboy (so like her Nan it's unreal lol), she is so funny and a very very independent little madam, and Jack is 7 nearly 8 and gets thoroughly spoilt and babied by the 2 girls. They drive me mad, argue from morning to night, but I love having them here and they, if they could have their way, would be here every week during holidays and weekends during term time, come to think of it, other than when they go to my sisters that's exactly what they do do lol...I have to keep re-introducing them to their parents :8855:
I looked the EA sporst active 2 up on Amazon and it's £11.09 surely that's not right, seems to cheap, but as far as I can see it has everything you said so that's going in my basket when i get paid next week.
My awards have always been there but the last 2 or 3 days something went wrong, so I updated them this morning but thank you anyway hun xx

That sushi looks so professional. WELL DONE the lot of you for making that.

Am away to my bed. This cold is Yuck!

Sees you tomorrow. Night night. ;)

Oh jeez hun, I did notice you had a cold and meant to wish you better, but got so carried away with the kids it slipped my mind..can you forgive me :wave_cry: and I do hope you feel much better real soon.
The sushi looked better than it tasted lol...way too much wasabi...but lesson learnt ...the ones that didn't have as much in were really lovely, I love sushi, could easily get addicted to it.
Have a lovely day tomorrow and see you when we both get back xx

Morning hun,
Never thought of putting it up on here, will copy it out right now it's in one of the SW books...dead easy to do and to follow xx

Salmon and Cucumber Sushi

200g Sushi rice (rinsed thoroughly and drained)
1/2 pt water
salt
1/4 tsp sweetener/sugar
2 fl oz rice wine vinegar
2 large sheets dried sushi nori, cut into halves (I used 4 small sheets)
57g wasabi paste (it's very hot so be careful how much you use)
200g skinless smoked salmon fillets cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and cut into thin batons
1/2 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
dark soy sauce
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Place the rice in a pan with the water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 7-10 mins, then remove from the heat, leave covered and allow to cool.
When the rice is cool, place it in a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and add the sweetener and vinegar. Mix well
Lay out the nori sheets on a work surface (I used a bamboo rolling mat) , shiny side down and spread a little of the wasabi paste onto each sheet. Spread a quarter of the rice mixture evenly over each sheet, leaving a clear 1/2 inch gap at the top.
Divide the salmon, cucumber and pepper strips between the nori sheets and roll up tightly (using a sushi rolling mat or foil), seal (I brushed the edges with a tiny amount of the rice wine vinegar).
Place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill, then cut into 6-7 pieces.
Serve with soy sauce to dip. Enjoy !!

There ya go hun xx

oh where were you off to? lol I was in Iceland at about 6pm last night had to dash out and get some eggs...wasn't about then was it ? xx

Well in that case I'll double my prayers that you get one of the jobs you're after, bet you're really looking forward to your time off xx

Morning Lily,
I absolutely love Sushi, and after reading your post on Jackie's diary, had to jump over here quickly to look at the piccies....and nom,nom they look too!
Also just printed the recipe....Thanks x

Morning Lily,
I absolutely love Sushi, and after reading your post on Jackie's diary, had to jump over here quickly to look at the piccies....and nom,nom they look too!
Also just printed the recipe....Thanks x

You're welcome hun,
I only discovered sushi a few weeks ago but I do love it, could seriously become addicted to it lol.
Just be really careful with the wasabi paste lol :7834: xx

Hi Lily,

I've been way off plan for a few days and just spent the last 40 minutes catching up on your diary!!!!

We went to London this week and Saw Dramboats and Petticoats - My husband enjoyed it more than I did as he loves that sort of music but I still thought it was really good...my all time fave show though has got to be Wicked, the story and how they tie it all in with the wizard of Oz is brilliant - would definately recommend it x

Some fantastic recipes as usual...will have to start working through them although being very strict with myself now after 3 days off plan....

blubex said:
Hi Lily,

I've been way off plan for a few days and just spent the last 40 minutes catching up on your diary!!!!

We went to London this week and Saw Dramboats and Petticoats - My husband enjoyed it more than I did as he loves that sort of music but I still thought it was really good...my all time fave show though has got to be Wicked, the story and how they tie it all in with the wizard of Oz is brilliant - would definately recommend it x

Some fantastic recipes as usual...will have to start working through them although being very strict with myself now after 3 days off plan....

Love Wicked aswell! Took my sister to London as a surprise to see it in June x still wish I'd seen Idina Menzel in it tho :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Hi Lily,

Hi Becky, The main thing is you're back on plan, we all have slip ups, some of us bigger ones than others :eek: lol
I am looking forward to booking up Dreamboats and Petticoats, that really looks like my cup of tea, love musicals and this one looks to me like a combination of Carousel (my all time fave) and Grease (love love love it) and wicked is another on my list, can't wait to get back to going to theatres again.
I have been searching out loads of new recipes, so keep on looking cos I will be doing a few of my own reviews on them ...as it were lol
Tonight I am trying out the Potato Dumplings, I am quite excited about these, I love dumplings so much, if they are even half as good as the suet ones, I am going to be well happy xx

Love Wicked aswell! Took my sister to London as a surprise to see it in June x still wish I'd seen Idina Menzel in it tho :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

I have a friend that runs an amateur dramatics class for kids and she enthuses about Wicked all the time, it's definitely on my list to see, Love Wizard of Oz, gonna get the grandkids to watch the film with me AGAIN lol, they are really into the old time movies like myself and their mum, yeah lol

Today's menu:

EE/SE

Breakfast:
Grill up
2 x Morrisons 60% Fat Free Cumberland Sausages 1 syn
2 x Bacon (Tilly's fault lol)
2 x scrambled eggs
Loads of Mushrooms
Baked Beans
Grilled tomatoes
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid morning:
Alpen Bar (1/2 hexb)
Apple

Lunch:
Tuna
Mixed salad
Fat free dressing
Peach
2 x yellow plums
Water (1 pint)

Mid afternoon:
Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Orange

Dinner :
Mince and loads of mixed veg (onions, carrots,peppers, peas, celery)
Potato Dumplings
Roast Beetroot
Roast Butternut Squash
Jane's Eton Mess 2.5 syns
Water (1 pint )

Extras:
250ml Semi Skimmed milk (Hexa)
Hazelnut Options 1.5syns
Nectarine
Melon
Strawberries

Total for the day= 7 syns

34/105

*Not going to be able to exercise with my foot being bad, will catch up tomorrow x

Last edited:
Lily the food looks amazing for today. I am even tempted to have an EE day and make the dumplings and add them to my beef and veg curry i am having for tea :8855: I so want to try them :)

I am so sorry to see your skin has flared up again (((hugs))) any possible triggers? or just happens? I so hope they find something to help you soon as its so unfair

Hope you are having a lovely weekend with those lovely grandchildren xxxxxx

Back