Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hello Lily (and all)
. Wow I feel like I've found home! I'm on thyroid meds too (125 mgs daily) other problems too along the way - won't bore everyone with the detail. Your story is so inspirational and I've really enjoyed your diary, trouble is I'm spending so much time reading everyone's stories I've yet to get to grips with the mechanics of SW lol with help I'm sure I'll get there.
Anyway just wanted to say well done so far and thanks for sharing - I reckon I'll be along for the ride now too x

Hello Mutti and :welcome:, I am only on 25mg a day of thyroxin, got to have a blood test next week and get them rechecked, but I was so silly taking myself off them...oh well back on and back on track lol
Know what you mean I spend all day reading everybody else's stories, (and pilfering recipes lol) but they are so interesting.
Hun I still haven't gotten the mechanics of SW lol, but EE works for me so I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it lol
You hop on board and if you ever need help just holler :gen147: and there will always be someone ready to give you a helping hand xx

She's fab isn't she :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww schucks Tigger thank you hun, you'll make me blush :ashamed0005:, you're pretty amazing yourself and dead helpful too xx

Today's menu:

EE

Breakfast:
American style pancake 2.5 syns
Strawberries
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid morning:
Juicy peach
2 x yellow plums
water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Chunky minestrone soup
Banana
Grapes (handful)
Water (1 pint)

Mid afternoon:
Apple

Dinner:
2 x crab patties 4.5 syns +(Hexb)(breadcrumbs)
New potatoes
Huge mixed salad
Beetroot and pickles
Water (1 pint)
Very juicy orange

Extras:
Syn free rice pudding
1/8 th pint of semi skimmed milk 1.5 syns
2 x Cheddar Babybel (Hexa)

Did 2 and half hours exercise (2 pints of water),
may do zumba later ..will update if I do

Total for today = 10 syns

Last edited:
lily i have just spent the evening reading your diary and am so inspired. you are fab:thankyou:
not quite sure hubby agrees as he is watching James Bond again and i keep chirping up with
"omg must try this " or "hmmm how does this sound"
lol:D
keep up the good work, i love that you tell us when it didn't go quite right as well ae when it did.

off to bed now with lots of plans for tomorrow x

mandyx

lily i have just spent the evening reading your diary and am so inspired. you are fab:thankyou:
not quite sure hubby agrees as he is watching James Bond again and i keep chirping up with
"omg must try this " or "hmmm how does this sound"
lol:D
keep up the good work, i love that you tell us when it didn't go quite right as well ae when it did.

off to bed now with lots of plans for tomorrow x

mandyx

Hi Mandy, Thank you so much for your kind words, I am amazed that anyone would find my waffling inspiring but I am obviously very happy and very honoured to be of even the smallest bit of help to anyone.
There was a time, like most people with weight issues, that I would try and fool people and obviously try to fool myself. But this time I know if I am to be the woman I want to be, then i have to be brutally honest, mostly with myself. Someone on minimins has a saying on their page (can't remember who now), that says: "The biggest lie you can tell is the lie that you tell to yourself", when I first saw that it really struck a chord and really made me think of all the times in the past when I had lied about how heavy I was, what size clothes I wore and many,many more things, this time I have decided that to get to my goal I have to be brutally honest, warts and all and to be honest, I have found it almost cleansing if you can understand what I mean. Not only do I feel probably the happiest I have ever been in my entire life, but I am also more sure than I have ever been that this time, I will make target and it will be my final time on this yoyo that I have been on. I thank god for the day that I found SW, as I said to my husband just tonight, who'd have believed that losing weight would be such a pleasure and so filling lol
Thanks for stopping by and please call again, my door is always open and gl with your journey xx

Just saying hi Lily. Knew I'd find more recipes when I tuned back into you again.:p

DH just dishing dinner so got to dash. Be back tomorrow. ;)

Hi hun, lol you know me still searching the food threads, got the first 120 pages done just 121 left to go lol...but I have found some amazing recipes along the way so will be adding a few more in time.
I must just tell you about my little discovery tonight, I am dead excited about it lol
I was making my rice pudding (the 20 minute version) and had already decided I didn't actually like it with cinnamon in so had decided to leave it out, so made it up as usual went to add the vanilla flavouring and didn't have enough, so put in half a tablespoon of orange flavouring along with the vanilla flavouring that I had, just under 1 tbsp, what a lovely smell the 2 flavours made, made my house smell gorgeous, anyway just before I was about to take it off the stove, I decided to add a drop of semi skimmed milk, 1/8th of a pint to be exact, :wow: the combination was to die for and all for just 1.5 syns for a massive saucepan full, didn't even put the crumble yoghurt in it, it was that good lol...got half left for brekkie in the morning yum yum lol
Speak soon hun xx

Quickly read your rice pudding post above. Ohhhh sounds great. Keep experimenting like that.
Soon be home and I can start practicing with all these recipes. Can't wait! :greenapple:

Speak later, gotta go help pack. ;)

Hi Lily

Have finally been reading your diary you have done so well. You really are a true inspiration and really hope you win woman of the year :D

I am going to attempt some exercise this week... I've never liked it but you have inspired me to give it a go and I plan to do some when they all go out in a little while. In peace and quiet :D

I seem to remember you mentioning swollen ankles in one of your posts. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Have you tried vein vine? I swear by them. I still get slight swelling but no where near as bad as I was and never get achey legs anymore. I get them from healthspan.:)

xxxxx

Ooooh recipes!!!! *must read through in daylight hours*

You're doing fab!!

Thank you so much xx

Quickly read your rice pudding post above. Ohhhh sounds great. Keep experimenting like that.
Soon be home and I can start practicing with all these recipes. Can't wait! :greenapple:

Speak later, gotta go help pack. ;)

Hi Crumble, am still trawling through the recipes lol, up to page 150, jotting down all the good ones and there are some amazing ones, you guys won't be disappointed. Glad you had a fantastic weekend, and yeah where did you go?...can't wait to :welcome: you back, and I like the fact you have already booked your next one ...good for you lol xx

Hi Lily

Have finally been reading your diary you have done so well. You really are a true inspiration and really hope you win woman of the year :D

I am going to attempt some exercise this week... I've never liked it but you have inspired me to give it a go and I plan to do some when they all go out in a little while. In peace and quiet :D

I seem to remember you mentioning swollen ankles in one of your posts. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Have you tried vein vine? I swear by them. I still get slight swelling but no where near as bad as I was and never get achey legs anymore. I get them from healthspan.:)

xxxxx

Thank you so much Jackie, you just reminded, I did put my name down for woman of the year on Tuesday, and so far I am the only one..hope someone else puts their name down, would hate to win by default, better to have a bit of competition even if you lose.
:woohoo: I just get so excited when anyone says they are going to give exercise a go, I can't believe this is me talking either lol....I love the exercise because I do stuff I enjoy doing, I have always exercised when losing weight but it was always a chore before....not any more.
Oh yes I suffer quite badly from swollen ankles, even drinking the water doesn't seem to help that much and been taking herbal water tabs too and not much difference there, I guess that is because ...even tho I do exercise, walking is still very limited, so again unless I am exercising, I am quite sedentary a lot of the time too. Never heard of vein vine but I am onto it as soon as I get off here, in fact I just googled them and healthspan was the 1st one up, they sound good, I saw your review too (I am guessing Mrs Jackie N is you), definitely going to give them a go and am ordering them as soon as I am done here, thank you hun for the info...I get a lot of cramp in my right calf, have spider veins and the water retention, so hopefully I will notice a huge difference....oooooh I am all excited now lol xx

Thank you so much xx

Hi Crumble, am still trawling through the recipes lol, up to page 150, jotting down all the good ones and there are some amazing ones, you guys won't be disappointed. Glad you had a fantastic weekend, and yeah where did you go?...can't wait to :welcome: you back, and I like the fact you have already booked your next one ...good for you lol xx

Thank you so much Jackie, you just reminded, I did put my name down for woman of the year on Tuesday, and so far I am the only one..hope someone else puts their name down, would hate to win by default, better to have a bit of competition even if you lose.
:woohoo: I just get so excited when anyone says they are going to give exercise a go, I can't believe this is me talking either lol....I love the exercise because I do stuff I enjoy doing, I have always exercised when losing weight but it was always a chore before....not any more.
Oh yes I suffer quite badly from swollen ankles, even drinking the water doesn't seem to help that much and been taking herbal water tabs too and not much difference there, I guess that is because ...even tho I do exercise, walking is still very limited, so again unless I am exercising, I am quite sedentary a lot of the time too. Never heard of vein vine but I am onto it as soon as I get off here, in fact I just googled them and healthspan was the 1st one up, they sound good, I saw your review too (I am guessing Mrs Jackie N is you), definitely going to give them a go and am ordering them as soon as I am done here, thank you hun for the info...I get a lot of cramp in my right calf, have spider veins and the water retention, so hopefully I will notice a huge difference....oooooh I am all excited now lol xx

Yep Mrs Jackie N is me. I used to get terrible cramps in my calves and very tight achey legs by end of the day I no longer get this. IN fact Friday was the first day I had this since being on these tablets and why? Because I forgot to take them Thurs and Friday as was on holiday.. so I truely believe they help. THey haven't got rid of my spider veins or my varicous vein but they have reduced them already :)

I work at home so sit at my desk far too much in between walking the dog etc, so found these tablets amazing. I almost have ankles again :D

Also cramping - I find magnesium vitamin works too. My hubby gets very bad leg cramps, yet not had any since taking magnesium. :)

You have made some lovely meals Lily. I need to be more adventurous. My lot get fed up of the same foods. I tend to buy minced steak, chicken and bacon, lol and then they get bored :rolleyes:

Yep Mrs Jackie N is me. I used to get terrible cramps in my calves and very tight achey legs by end of the day I no longer get this. IN fact Friday was the first day I had this since being on these tablets and why? Because I forgot to take them Thurs and Friday as was on holiday.. so I truely believe they help. THey haven't got rid of my spider veins or my varicous vein but they have reduced them already :)

I work at home so sit at my desk far too much in between walking the dog etc, so found these tablets amazing. I almost have ankles again :D

Also cramping - I find magnesium vitamin works too. My hubby gets very bad leg cramps, yet not had any since taking magnesium. :)

You have made some lovely meals Lily. I need to be more adventurous. My lot get fed up of the same foods. I tend to buy minced steak, chicken and bacon, lol and then they get bored :rolleyes:

I can't wait for them to arrive now, just ordered some...I suffer terrible with leg cramps nearly every night, I was told banana's were good for that so eat loads, come to think of it it's not quite as bad as it used to be, maybe they do work..will have to get some magnesium too by the sounds of it.
The meals are because I get bored with them and I am a creature of habit, so if I really like something and there's not a lot of choice, I'll stick to that meal till I get sick of it...so this time have decided to find as many different meals as I can to keep boredom away, boredom=picking, so no boredom for me...only 80 more pages to trawl through and then onto winter recipes lol xx

oh btw the new pic is one hubby just took of me after 35 mins of wii boxing...it doesn't really show how much I am sweating, but it's pouring off me...guess what I'm doing from now on lol xx

I am a creature of habit too and has been my downfall on all diets lol. I am trying to find recipes to try its just my lot are so fussy and I hate cooking 3 different meals :(

Cheaper magnesium are fine too. I only buy the vein vine from Healthspan but I get magnesium anywhere. and all work. Well worth trying as hubby swears by it. As soon as he stops taking it the cramps come back so must be something in it.

I am going to look through recipes again etc and see if I can get some ideas as really want them all to eat healthy.

My exercise was hoovering and steam cleaning. I worked up a sweat thats for sure and plan to exercise properly from tomorrow

Hun if it made you sweat and your heart rate was up a bit then I call that exercise, if it's not something you do on a daily basis is what my C says xx
Oh yeah I'll get the magnesium from boots, most likely on their 3 for 2 range lol...I love a bargain me xx

Before and after: 11st down, 9st to go!
Click on the pictures to see the larger images x

Last edited:
Lily42uk said:
URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/tigerlily42uk/?action=view&current=me31st7lbs.jpg][/URL]URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/tigerlily42uk/?action=view&current=DSC_0290.jpg][/URL]

Wow!!! I know I said that you were awesome, but that just further reinforces my point! Fantastic! :) I found an awful before pic of me from last year, but cos I'm such a photophobe there aren't any recent full body shots to compare to!!! xx

Back