Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Lily42uk said:
Have put up the pics of my 2 tops from Australia...now as I said I am not kidding myself that I am a size 18 or 20 which would be the UK equivalents of the 2 sized tops my friend sent, but had I still been the 36-38 UK I was just a few years ago I wouldn't have got these near me and to be honest they don't look anywhere near as bad as I imagined they would...I would say going by pics of me at a similar weight years ago...I am about a 24-26 still, but hey I'm going in the right direction, so it's all good xx

Wow! Have just found ALL your pics! I'm that 'special' sometimes that I didn't know where they all were lol! What an amazing transformation-you look like a different woman :D AWESOME! love the new tops, especially the 'Xmas day' one xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

OMG I clicked too far and saw the pic of your foot again :eek:

The tops look lovely :D You are such an inspiration :)

What's your tattoo of?

I love both tops Lily but that bluey one is very very flattering and so suits you :D :talk017: they are fab xxxxxx

The top she sent me today is lovely and I love the colour, but I don't think it's flattering at all although it feels really comfy on, looks good looking down on it though lol...The Blue one is gorgeous and was very very expensive, I asked my friend to buy a 20 (UK 18) hoping that I might get into it for Christmas seems I can lol xx

Wow! Have just found ALL your pics! I'm that 'special' sometimes that I didn't know where they all were lol! What an amazing transformation-you look like a different woman :D AWESOME! love the new tops, especially the 'Xmas day' one xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Thanks hun ...you are very special but not how you mean:), it takes time to work out things, like today, I have actually been using these boards for over a year even though I didn't actually sign up till may this year, cos today I found forums I didn't even know existed and games too lol xx

OMG I clicked too far and saw the pic of your foot again :eek:

The tops look lovely :D You are such an inspiration :)

What's your tattoo of?

Ooops sorry hun will remove the pic of my foot if it alarms you so much, it's not nice is it x
Thank you so much hun, I am ,loving the fact I can get into smaller sizes feels so nice.
I had to go look see what Tattoo you meant (I have 3...I have actually had 4 but had 1 re-done), so the one I have showing in the pic is a unicorn, which I think sums up my whole life ...had a crappy childhood and all these years later if feels almost like my previous life is all a myth (even tho I know it's not), that's how far I have come , so to commemorate how I feel I decided to have the tattoo done, on my other arm I have a bird with mine and Malcy's initials. On my right ankle I have a rose, it was originally a butterfly sitting on a heart, but I got so fed up of everyone asking why I had a strawberry on my ankle I had it re-done lol..when I reach target I have planned my final tattoo but for now that's my secret xx

Love your tops lily, the blue one is gorgeous, you have a very good friend, I bet she is proud of you.
Hope your feet is better today saw the photo.

Went to the hospital today for my diabetes results 1st one since started exercising it came back at 5.9 they are really pleased with me (has to be between 4 &7), this has come down nicely from 7.9, at one stage it went up to 11.4.

Jane x

Love your tops lily, the blue one is gorgeous, you have a very good friend, I bet she is proud of you.
Hope your feet is better today saw the photo.

Went to the hospital today for my diabetes results 1st one since started exercising it came back at 5.9 they are really pleased with me (has to be between 4 &7), this has come down nicely from 7.9, at one stage it went up to 11.4.

Jane x

That's great news Jane, I am really pleased with you too, brilliant stuff...I was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years (7th march 2006, I'll never forget the date it was my granddaughters 5th Birthday), ago and my BS was coming back in the high 20's...I took metformin 850 to start with then 500 then Gliclazide and 2 more that I can't remember the names of and they all made me feel really sick and bloated and really really ill, so after 3 years and being threatened with Insulin injections I decided to come off all meds entirely (my choice) and that's when I seriously set about losing the weight, I have been hovering around the 7 mark for a few months now and me and doc (even tho it's not ideal), are reasonably happy with that, as I get smaller and exercise more the BS gets lower (as you well know), I had a blood test last week and I am hoping for good things. My tester shows me at being about 6.3 that would be great, but i'll wait and see what the official results are. ....All I know is I have never felt better in my life than I do right now, so something's got to be good.
Hun my friend is the one who made me think I could lose this weight, 6 years ago she had a gastric band fitted and has lost 9+ stone herself,she tried to get me to have the same procedure but I am too much of a coward to take that root, I prefer to do it the natural way lol xx

P.S. Thank you yes my foot is much better today, been pampering it the last few days (lots of ointment and creams and using my special socks helps )lol xx

Tilly, I have removed the photo of my foot, it's safe to go into my photo album now :8855: xx

Ok tomorrow is WI :scale:, very nervous :eek: (haven't done my usual hop onto the scales this week, have tried so hard and succeeded so far, not to look), apart from the fact I am convinced that last weeks huge blip is going to catch up this week, it's also slimmer of the year finals at group :eek:...will let you know how that one goes, but more important to me it's the last week before I earn my Platinum Body magic award. :character00115::character00116:
I can't believe how far I have come in just a few months, from 5 minutes here and there to 2 and 3 hour workouts :whacky068: almost daily and weights :character00115: plus resistance and it will be for the rest of my life...if you'd told me a year ago I would be getting certificates and recognition for my exercising I would have :8855:, I am so happy :D, surprised :eek:, amazed :happy036: and Yes even Proud :patback: of myself, there I said it lol !!!!
Wish me luck for tomorrow please :fingerscrossed: xx

Last edited:
Lily42uk said:
Ok tomorrow is WI, very nervous (haven't done my usual hop onto the scales this week, have tried so hard and succeeded so far, not to), apart from the fact I am convinced that last weeks huge blip is going to catch up this week, it's also slimmer of the year finals at group :eek:...will let you know how that one goes, but more important to me it's the last week before I earn my Platinum Body magic award.
I can't believe how far I have come in just a few months, from 5 minutes here and there to 2 and 3 hour workouts almost daily and weights plus resistance and it will be for the rest of my life...if you'd told me a year ago I would be getting certificates and recognition for my exercising I would have :8855:, I am so happy, surprised, amazed and Yes even Proud of myself, there I said it lol !!!!
Wish me luck for tomorrow please :fingerscrossed: xx

Good luck Lily-hope the scales reflect all your hard work this week xx

the top has the added bonus of showing off how much my boobies are starting to go North again instead of South

Do they really do that? :eek::eek: Suddenly the sun has come out in my life again! :D
Thought I was doomed for life but it makes sense that as my 'assets' get lighter I can crank them up with a bra much easier.

Oohh really happy now. :8855:

P.S. Love you in those tops, particularly love the floaty hemline on the purple one.

Do you ever REALLY look at pics like that and your original one. Not a quicky looky but a thorough look, Lily?
Because no matter what the scales may do on a Tuesday night you definitely have found the secret to success.
Keep chip, chip, chipping away like you have been doing. ;)

Last edited:

Thanks Jo, :fingerscrossed: xx

Do they really do that? :eek::eek: Suddenly the sun has come out in my life again! :D
Thought I was doomed for life but it makes sense that as my 'assets' get lighter I can crank them up with a bra much easier.

Oohh really happy now. :8855:

P.S. Love you in those tops, particularly love the floaty hemline on the purple one.

Do you ever REALLY look at pics like that and your original one. Not a quicky looky but a thorough look, Lily?
Because no matter what the scales may do on a Tuesday night you definitely have found the secret to success.
Keep chip, chip, chipping away like you have been doing. ;)

Hi hun, yep they really do start going North again, and there was me thinking I was destined to have tarmac burns on my oompah loompah's for the rest of my god given days :8855:
Thank you for those sweet words, wouldn't it be great if they were nice and tight and looked good too...:sigh:..soon!!!
I love studying the pics of me before and believe me that's not the worst one ...I will have to sort them out and put them up, I swear, even I don't recognise who that woman was, not just the looks either, the mind set and everything, I am like a big fat juicy caterpillar and this is my Chrysalis stage...one day I will be that beautiful butterfly that I have always wanted to be.
Thanks hun, I will keep chipping away, my weight has been fairly stagnant for a few weeks now, not doing a great deal, but my DD1 pointed out to me yesterday that I am about half way and everyone we know who has reached that halfway point suddenly has a few weeks where they don't do much, I do hope she's right...I know it will go and I am happy really to accept all the little mercies but in my heart I would please just like it to be a little quicker lol xx

I couldn't put it better than Crumble to be honest. yOu are an inspiration Lily and I for one am very very proud of you :D xxxxx

Thank you hun, it's funny because I see you 3 as inspirations too, you and Tilly with being 100%, that's amazing I am definitely going to make it my mission as from today to be !00% as much as possible.
Crumble is so awesome in her determination too, I love you guys you make me laugh and you have so many wonderful ideas, you're an absolute joy to know. So I vote we're all inspirations, to each other xx (And I am not forgetting all the other wonderful people that are also inspirations, that have touched my life, JaneB, Tigger, Roziee, Aaliyah, Bluebex and so many more, too many to mention, without you all in my life it would be a lot harder and a lot duller too xx)
So now enough of the slushy stuff, I don't do slushy ...much!! :8855:

I liked that slushy post :D

Crumble's post was spot on so I don't need to add anything.

Good look for weigh in.

Aww shucks I do love you guys you make me all misty eyed :eek:
OK, so I am off to have a shower, rest my legs for a bit and then get ready for tonight, catch you all later ....I just realised I never put a menu up on a Tuesday, must do that starting today xx

Tuesday menu, (it doesn't vary a lot):

Breakfast:
Fresh fruit salad
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Apple
Water (1 pint)

Dinner:
2 x Morrisons 60% fat free sausages 1 syn
2 x Rashers of smoked back bacon
2 x poached eggs
Baked beans
Tinned tomatoes
200g Home fries 4 syns
2 slices Bread toasted or fried in fry light (hexb)
Loads of mushrooms
2 x fresh tomatoes grilled
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
Don't know yet, will decide later

Lily-oh wise owl:worthy::happy096:-just picking your brains!!
Sugar and chocolate are such addictive things-oh how I struggle
Have read several articles that say sugar is destructive,we know that .and that sweeteners are just as bad cos they make the body want more sugar
I always wonder how things like Splenda can be free foods on SW
I would really love your views on this

Thanks Lily:) I put on 1lb in a fortnight which I'm really pleased with.I had plenty of treats whilst away after all it would of been rude not to;).You look lovely in the tops hun.Good luck for wi.xx

I dashed over here thinking I'd missed your weigh in! Got a right sweat on. :eek:
Convinced it was Wednesday.:confused:

Anyways, glad I didn't and have a lovely night out tonight. Wow them in your pink fluffies!

Back