Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Thanks so much Lily. Amen to everything you say! I'm getting there slowly - had a blow out Monday and Tuesday but back on plan since Wednesday and feeling good. I ,too, for so many years gave up whenever I went 'off my diet' - but I don't really think of sw as a 'diet' now - more a way of life that I'm going to do for the rest of my life to keep me healthy. Thank you for being there and thanks for the future when the hard times come and I'll need you even more!! :bighug: xxx
That's why I put the word diet in inverted commas cos it's not a diet at all, how the heck could I eat that much food ^^^^^^ and still consider myself as dieting lol
As my C always says it's a plan for life xxxx

[/B]

Fab! I'll pack mi back then :D

[/B]

:8855::8855:

Phew thank god you're packing your back, would hate you laying on my good sheets backless :8855: :8855: xxxxx

*SugarPlum* said:
WOW WOW WOW Lilly!!!

It's lovely hearing you being soooo positive!! Its very infectious!! :)

I agree with you on the tummy bands, it's not even crossed my mind!

Have a lovely weekend sweetie xxxx

Agreed re the tummy bands! I think that's the thing we all have in common (SW'ers) is we LOVE our food and with a few adaptations we can still enjoy food :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You truly are an inspirational lady Lily :) I am going to invest in a kettlebell and workout as I think if I can do that and incorporate it into my daily routine then, hopefully, I will begin to enjoy it and see a difference in body shape which has to be motivational.

With regards to gastric bands a friend of mine had one done last Feb and has lost loads of weight, but has just recently had to have it adjusted again as she was no longer losing weight and since Christmas had actually gained weight again. I think it stems from the fact that she hasn't adjusted her eating habits and when we go out for a girls night out, she waits for the food to go down and then carries on eating more, instead of stopping and recognising the full signal. She hasn't adjusted her relationship with food so as time goes on I can see her putting her weight back on, maybe not all of it, but I don't think it will be the "fix" that she has been looking for, which is a huge shame when it cost thousands!

You truly are an inspirational lady Lily :) I am going to invest in a kettlebell and workout as I think if I can do that and incorporate it into my daily routine then, hopefully, I will begin to enjoy it and see a difference in body shape which has to be motivational.

With regards to gastric bands a friend of mine had one done last Feb and has lost loads of weight, but has just recently had to have it adjusted again as she was no longer losing weight and since Christmas had actually gained weight again. I think it stems from the fact that she hasn't adjusted her eating habits and when we go out for a girls night out, she waits for the food to go down and then carries on eating more, instead of stopping and recognising the full signal. She hasn't adjusted her relationship with food so as time goes on I can see her putting her weight back on, maybe not all of it, but I don't think it will be the "fix" that she has been looking for, which is a huge shame when it cost thousands!

That's one of the many things that put me off Dawnejoy. When they sent all the bumph through, it said that if your problem foods are crisps, chocolate and biscuits it won't really help as you can still eat these in large quantities with the band fitted which made me think I've got to re-educate my eating habits myself. Also, you have to be prepared to go for numerous consultations before the op, then on average 5 more visits in the first year. I was hoping it would be a 'quick fix' - it really isn't. Also there's the 1 in 2000 chance of dying on the operating table - which I think are actually quite high. I feel blessed that I've found minimins and sw!! xxx (Sorry LIly for hi-jacking for a mo there!xxx)

Agreed re the tummy bands! I think that's the thing we all have in common (SW'ers) is we LOVE our food and with a few adaptations we can still enjoy food :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Exactly Lisa, I enjoy eating and would hate to be as limited as my friend is and to be honest, we both started slimming about the same time, I had 20st to lose she had 12 stone, I have lost and still continue to lose on a weekly basis as I have changed my eating habits entirely....she still eats the same way just isn't able to eat certain foods and actually stopped losing weight a good 2 years ago and as I said earlier ha actually put some weight back on xxx

That's great hun, I love my kettlebells and use them all the time, just don't do kettleworks as it frightens me lol...I am happy doing all the other exercise I do and I am definitely toning up, so that's what counts isn't it? xx

Exactly the same as my friend who had the gastric band, she had it done in Australia (she is australian) and got it done on the equivalent of our NHS as they considered her to be a worthy cause, she has had the band tightened on numerous occasions and I get sick watching her eat as if she eats something that the band won't let her body digest she is literally sick with it....that's not a good way to lose weight is it and definitely not for me xxx

That's one of the many things that put me off Dawnejoy. When they sent all the bumph through, it said that if your problem foods are crisps, chocolate and biscuits it won't really help as you can still eat these in large quantities with the band fitted which made me think I've got to re-educate my eating habits myself. Also, you have to be prepared to go for numerous consultations before the op, then on average 5 more visits in the first year. I was hoping it would be a 'quick fix' - it really isn't. Also there's the 1 in 2000 chance of dying on the operating table - which I think are actually quite high. I feel blessed that I've found minimins and sw!! xxx (Sorry LIly for hi-jacking for a mo there!xxx)

Hun you are more than welcome to hijack my dairy anytime you feel it's necessary to do so....but I just wanted to say, that's just it there is no quick fix as such to losing weight.....I didn't put on my weight over night, it's taken me a good 40 years to get as big as I did, but I'll sure as hell lose it a lot quicker than I put it on :hug99: xxxx

I am going to disappear for a little while, I will be back later to catch up on everyone's diaries that I haven't done yet, but I have a birthday bash to plan and just about to sit and work out our SW friendly buffet.
Catch you all later xxxx:hug99: xxxx

I couldn't agree more re the gastric bands etc. I know some folks who just puree everything they used to eat and scoff it anyway. Call me old fashioned but I like to be able to identify what I'm putting on my fork/spoon. ;-)

As far as pretty much any voluntary medical intervention I'm against it. I have enough wrong with me already without asking for trouble. :)

I actually didn't realise that you could still eat large amounts of crisps etc with a gastric band it would be bloody useless for me and my walkers addiction :giggle:
No no deffo not for me....

Bless you Lily
Have fun buffet planning x

From what I've read if you have the band on the NHS it does have more of a chance of success as you have to have several sessions of trying to sort out the reasoning behind the overeating, but if you pay for it privately there is no going over these issues hence the poor success rate. I think my friend thought it would solve everything and her eating would be under control, sadly that hasn't happened and she has found ways to overcome the band!!

If I am totally honest, I was incredibly envious of her as I could imagine her slim and me still the fat friend, hence my journey to a hypnoband, but that failed for me but now I have found this site and I am so pleased and grateful for all of you on here as you are all such a support and inspiration. So I say a massive thank you for that :):):)

Lily - huge apologies for hijacking your diary, but the thread sort of when there and felt I had to add my thoughts too. xxxxx

Exactly Lisa, I enjoy eating and would hate to be as limited as my friend is and to be honest, we both started slimming about the same time, I had 20st to lose she had 12 stone, I have lost and still continue to lose on a weekly basis as I have changed my eating habits entirely....she still eats the same way just isn't able to eat certain foods and actually stopped losing weight a good 2 years ago and as I said earlier ha actually put some weight back on xxx

Exactly the same as my friend who had the gastric band, she had it done in Australia (she is australian) and got it done on the equivalent of our NHS as they considered her to be a worthy cause, she has had the band tightened on numerous occasions and I get sick watching her eat as if she eats something that the band won't let her body digest she is literally sick with it....that's not a good way to lose weight is it and definitely not for me xxx

Hun you are more than welcome to hijack my dairy anytime you feel it's necessary to do so....but I just wanted to say, that's just it there is no quick fix as such to losing weight.....I didn't put on my weight over night, it's taken me a good 40 years to get as big as I did, but I'll sure as hell lose it a lot quicker than I put it on :hug99: xxxx

So true :bighug: xxx

I went to group last night and nearly feinted now don't forget poohgate won't be included in this as I didn't go to group last week but I only lost 10lb....10 frigging lb I nearly died I am so over the moon I am back on it big time :woohoo:...catch you all later guys :hug99: xxxx

Ten Pounds! :eek::faint2:

I am seriously impressed. WELL DONE you!

I couldn't agree more re the gastric bands etc. I know some folks who just puree everything they used to eat and scoff it anyway. Call me old fashioned but I like to be able to identify what I'm putting on my fork/spoon. ;-)

As far as pretty much any voluntary medical intervention I'm against it. I have enough wrong with me already without asking for trouble. :)
Exactly my sentiments hun, firstly who wants to eat liquidised food if they are over the age of about 12 months old or under the age of 85 years old (yep you go back to it when you get older, well a lot do as I found in my 9 years working in an elderly residential home lol).
And as for medical intervention such as gastric bands, other than I don't agree with them anyways, it would scare the hell out of me all the possibilities of what could go wrong, I'll take my chances going the SW route thanks xxxx
I actually didn't realise that you could still eat large amounts of crisps etc with a gastric band it would be bloody useless for me and my walkers addiction :giggle:
No no deffo not for me....

Bless you Lily
Have fun buffet planning x
You'd be surprised hun you can eat anything that the body can fairly easily digest, that's why you can't have the likes of steaks etc they take a longgggg time for the body to digest and can actually, as I understand the workings of the band, clog it up, making yourself violently sick....no way Jose, not my cup of tea
Kally you should see the list, I will put it up later and as far as I can see not many syns but loads of yum lol xxxx

From what I've read if you have the band on the NHS it does have more of a chance of success as you have to have several sessions of trying to sort out the reasoning behind the overeating, but if you pay for it privately there is no going over these issues hence the poor success rate. I think my friend thought it would solve everything and her eating would be under control, sadly that hasn't happened and she has found ways to overcome the band!!

Yep same with my friend, she thought it would take all the hard work out of slimming, how wrong can you be as she has found out to her detriment xxxx

If I am totally honest, I was incredibly envious of her as I could imagine her slim and me still the fat friend, hence my journey to a hypnoband, but that failed for me but now I have found this site and I am so pleased and grateful for all of you on here as you are all such a support and inspiration. So I say a massive thank you for that :):):)

Ditto that too even down to the jealousy, I was even jealous of her guts and bravery in having it done, not any more thank god lol xxx

Lily - huge apologies for hijacking your diary, but the thread sort of when there and felt I had to add my thoughts too. xxxxx

Dawn that's fine, it's a great discussion worthy of a hijack anytime lol xxxxx

Ten Pounds! :eek::faint2:

I am seriously impressed. WELL DONE you!

Hey sweetie, me too I am seriously impressed that I can still manage to get 10lb losses after all this time doing this lol...but thank you hun, it's you guys that make it easy for me to carry on xxxx:hug99: xxxx

So the list for the buffet has been decided as:

Devilled Eggs Syn Free
Sausage rolls (SW way) x 2 large = 1 Hexb +1 syn
Pasta Quiche syn free
KFC Chicken strips syn free
Quorn Nuggets 0.5 syns
Pizza (made with a Tortilla square wrap, should work out to no more than about 0.5-1 syn a piece as the wrap can be cut up) 0.5-1syn
Scotch eggs 1 syn
Savoury Rice syn free
Pasta Prima Vera 1 syn per serving
Marmite Loaf 1.5 syns per slice
Curry Loaf syn free
Salmon Pate and Crudities syn free
Salad syn free
and especially for Kia Sticky chicken made with Fanta Orange same way as you make the diet coke chicken syn free
Sweets:
Coconut Maccaroons 2 syns each
Fruit Salad syn free
Key Lime Pie 3.5 syns per slice
Chocolate Muffins 2.5 syns each

If you can think of any other low syn of free foods please let me know xxxx

So the list for the buffet has been decided as:

Devilled Eggs Syn Free
Sausage rolls (SW way) x 2 large = 1 Hexb +1 syn
Pasta Quiche syn free
KFC Chicken strips syn free
Quorn Nuggets 0.5 syns
Pizza (made with a Tortilla square wrap, should work out to no more than about 0.5-1 syn a piece as the wrap can be cut up) 0.5-1syn
Scotch eggs 1 syn
Savoury Rice syn free
Pasta Prima Vera 1 syn per serving
Marmite Loaf 1.5 syns per slice
Curry Loaf syn free
Salmon Pate and Crudities syn free
Salad syn free
and especially for Kia Sticky chicken made with Fanta Orange same way as you make the diet coke chicken syn free
Sweets:
Coconut Maccaroons 2 syns each
Fruit Salad syn free
Key Lime Pie 3.5 syns per slice
Chocolate Muffins 2.5 syns each

If you can think of any other low syn of free foods please let me know xxxx

Wow - You should publish a party food recipe book. Yummmmm

Thirded lol xxx

Lol thanks guys, it's mostly what I have been doing for a buffet type celebration since joining SW, just the new ones of Marmite loaf and Curry Loaf and the coconut Maccaroons that we have been testing over the last few weeks...in fact most of the stuff there is pretty much what I'd always have at a buffet but these last 2 years it's all been SW friendly...so you don't think I need to add anything then ? lol xx

Back