Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Agreed - cute as a button!

Morning Lily x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulations Hunny!!

A new baby in the house... Nearly as exciting as a new puppy!! Lol ;-)

December will be here in no time... Imagine what we could weigh by then!

We have both set the same, high target for the Curvy challenge... So I am hoping we can help each other along the way. Or kick each other up the bum, If needed!! ;-)

Have a great day hun!! Xxx

:woohoo:well done on your loss! good to see you're well and truely back in the game! congratulations on being a soon-to-be nanny all over again! so exciting! and that pic of Lyla is just gorgeous!:hug99:

:0clapper:Well done Lily on such a fab loss! :0clapper:

and congratulations to Kirsty x

Lyla is so, so cute :hug99:

:wow: :wow: :wow: on your quarter of a stone loss!!! Well done Lily. You are a true inspiration :bighug:. Wonderful news about Kirsty and the baby - just think - you are going to be a slim fit Nanna who can play with her grandchildren. I just wanted to say I had no idea how serious your accident was, and how poorly your back and discs are. Now I think you're even more amazing than I did before (if that's possible lol!). Even with these major problems you've lost so much weight and are an exercise queen! Hope you're having a great day xxxxxx

Awww she is just gorgeous!!!

Hope u have a good day xx

Thank you sweetie, she really is adorable isn't she, I just want to eat her ...well maybe not, depends how many syns she is :giggle: xxx

Agreed - cute as a button!

Morning Lily x

Morning Lovely, I agree and a great little playmate, eventually :giggle: for my new grandchild :hug99: xxx

Congratulations Hunny!!

A new baby in the house... Nearly as exciting as a new puppy!! Lol ;-)

December will be here in no time... Imagine what we could weigh by then!

We have both set the same, high target for the Curvy challenge... So I am hoping we can help each other along the way. Or kick each other up the bum, If needed!! ;-)

Have a great day hun!! Xxx

Thanks sweetie, it is exciting, both for you and your puppy and us with the new baby, we can't wait
Oh can you imagine, I am going to try for s sensible 1-2lb a week, if I can average 2lbs I will be about 14 and a half st by xmas :eek: can't imagine me as the weight Kelly is now lol and she wants to lose another 3 st, I reckon my target of about 12st will be perfect for me.
Definitely going to give it everything I have, I am back and I am doing this ...I want to be a nice slim nanna, no a wobbly huge one lol, so yep ready with my :whip: and boots for both of us :8855:
Hope you have a great day too hunni :hug99: xxxx
:woohoo:well done on your loss! good to see you're well and truely back in the game! congratulations on being a soon-to-be nanny all over again! so exciting! and that pic of Lyla is just gorgeous!:hug99:

Thank you, thank you thank you sweetie, I am dead chuffed with my loss this week, I really am back on it, gonna shift this weight now, definitely no more mucking about!!!, I am so excited about being a nanna again and it's given me another much needed boost to lose this weight...Lyla is just so adorable, I melt everytime I see her or get a new pic, she does something to me that no other child apart from my ownkids and grandkids have ever done, I'd happily kidnap her she's so cute lol :hug99: xxxx

She is adorable lily :)
Does her bed/cushion come in big girl size ;-) I want one!!

Thank you sweetie, I know what you mean it's really lovely isn't it, wish they did...mind you if they did I probably wouldn't ever get up out of it, so maybe not then :giggle: :hug99: xxxx

:0clapper:Well done Lily on such a fab loss! :0clapper:

and congratulations to Kirsty x

Lyla is so, so cute :hug99:

Thank you sweetie for your lovely words, I am very happy anf amazed at my loss this week, a bit more than I was expecting, maybe I will stay off the scales at home I get much better results when i don't look lol, we are all very excited, Mark is reading everything he can about pregnancy, being a dad and how to look after Kirsty, he told me last night, that he has decided, if he does a good job of looking after Kirsty while she is pregnant, then he feels it will help him to look after the baby when it's born, what a lovely thing to say, he gets on my wick at times, but it's times like last night I am so bl00dy proud of him.
Lyla...awwwww she just melts my heart :hug99: xxxx

:wow: :wow: :wow: on your quarter of a stone loss!!! Well done Lily. You are a true inspiration :bighug:. Wonderful news about Kirsty and the baby - just think - you are going to be a slim fit Nanna who can play with her grandchildren. I just wanted to say I had no idea how serious your accident was, and how poorly your back and discs are. Now I think you're even more amazing than I did before (if that's possible lol!). Even with these major problems you've lost so much weight and are an exercise queen! Hope you're having a great day xxxxxx

Thank you sweetie, stop you'll make me blush lol
Kirsty and the baby is just the news we all needed I think, has made us all rethink, so given me the boost I needed.
My accident, was a real fluke, I was the most careful person at work, never took any chances, but these things happen, the lady that hung off my neck was nearly 100lb heavier than I am now, I would hate for anyone to have to bare my weight so you can imagine what that did to my spine, which is what initially started the ball rolling with the osteoarthritis, 5 years ago my MRI scan showed Discs L1-L5 had almost entirely dried out and were crumbling, I have had every treatment that you can think of from acupuncture to Epidurals, all to no avail, it was then that I actually decided I needed to lose the weight, I had been in a very active job working 10 hours a night in a residential home of 48 residents and worked anything from 3 to 5 nights a week, 3 rostered and usually 1-2 overtime, and in 9 years I had no problems at all...then one night a resident that had been in homes all her life with learning difficulties and who had broken her leg in 3 places and was in plaster and who we had toileted 3 times that same night, just suddenly decided she didn't want to stand on her own and as we were moving her with the aid of her zimmer frame, she suddenly lunged at me and grabbed my neck and lifted her feet off the floor, she weighed in excess of 350lbs.
I immediately felt a click and then a burning across my lower back and couldn't stand, the night officer called an ambulance and I went to hospital and after a few days and tests etc was discharged home under the care of my GP....at the time I weighed just shy of 16st.....I barely moved out of bed let alone anything else for 2 years and just standing was an effort, I could manage about a minute with no support and not much longer with the support and within that first 2 years I gained about 13st, I felt so sorry for myself, I had had a crap childhood and was in a good place at the time of my accident, having come to terms with a lot of things but it sent me into a downward spiral and a deep depression which resulted in a nervous breakdown and 2 years counselling, which was in a way the best thing...but still I did nothing about the weight and gained even more, then after having the scan 5 years ago and being almost wedged tight in the scan tunnel and then having the doctors tell me they couldn't do anymore for me and that it was up to me now ...I got depressed yet again, until my very best friend who until 6 months after that, I had never even met (she's australian and we met online in 1997), took charge of me and wouldn't let me get down. She rang me constantly, she barracked me, she scolded me, she encouraged me and finally she spent her life savings to come visit me for my 50th birthday and stayed with me for 6 weeks....she wouldn't let me get away with a thing, she made me go out to the shops, she even got her husband to drive to the local mobility shop and hire me an extra large wheelchair...she had a gastric band fitted herself and had lost over 6st at that time and nagged the hell out of me to have one too, but I refused and eventually decided I was going to do it to show her and others that I could (I think everyone had given up on me by that point). So I started off by doing just 5 minutes a day exercise and I didn't actually "diet" as such, what I did was eat healthier and stop eating when I was full and also put my knife and fork down between each bite, which I still do most of the time. I drank more water and over 6st came off and I have just gone from there....I still find exercise difficult, so I do what I can and then I have a sit for a minute or 2 to let the pain subside and then back up and so on until I have done my workout, I can probably do about 10-15 minutes now before I need a rest...but I have gone from feeling so sorry for myself that I allowed the weight to pile on, I seriously believe I was committing suicide the slow way, to now being so determined, even when my heads not in it like the last 3 months, I never gave up even when I had people saying oh have a break from it....no way...I knew if I stuck with it eventually it would all slot back into place and it has ......and I won't give in or give up till every single pound has gone, my back is bad but I'm alive and can have a life, not as it was but still better than nothing and if I walk I can sit for a few minutes and so on, I'll never be able to do a marathon walk again but I am aiming to do the 6.5miles starlight walk as soon as I can even if it takes me all night lol.

Sorry ...bet you wish you hadn't said anything now lol....but that's me now you know me warts and all now :giggle: :hug99: xxxx

Last edited:
Silly me I nearly forgot :

Menu Tuesday 3rd April 2012

Breakfast:
Mixed Fruit Salad
Mullerlight x 2
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Lunch:
4 x Cheese straws 5 syns
1 scan bran scotch egg 1 syn
Salad
Satsuma
Water 1 pint

Dinner:
Bacon
Eggs
Sausages 1 syn
50g Chips 1 syn
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Baked Beans
Bread x 2 Hexb
Salad
Water 1 pint

Extras:
At Buffet night...1/2 slice of chocolate roulade 1.5 syns
1 Mini Bakewell cake 2 syns
Coleslaw 0.5 syns
Cous Cous scotch egg 0.5 syns
1 Banana
2 Satsumas
1 Pear

Exercise, 1 hour, drank 2 pints water

Total syns for the day = 14

Syns for the week (Day 1) =
14/105

Positives Wednesday 4th April 2012

1) Woke feeling happy and raring to go , still really pleased with myself and wi this week...can't stop smiling
2) Have 2 of my grandchildren here and we had lovely snuggles this morning
3) I have a wonderful family that I love and adore and who love and adore me too
4) I have wondeful mini friends that I love and adore
5) Day 9 of my being 100% on plan and I am loving it
6) Looking forward to staying in the zone and having my head in the right place

Last edited:
Menu Wednesday 4th April 2012

Breakfast:
2 x Bread Hexb
Peanut butter 4.5 syns
Banana
Satsuma
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Lunch:
BLT and Sausage Salad 1 syn
Coleslaw
Mandarin
Water 1 pint

Dinner:
Pizza Topped Chicken
Mixed Veg
Roast Potatoes
Gravy
Water 1 pint

Extras:
Fruit throughout the day

Mullerlight chocolate sprinkles and black cherry underlay 1.5 syns
Mullerlight orange sprinkled with dark chocolate

Sainsbury's Sugar Free Marshmallows 5 syns
Water 2 pints

Exercise 1 hour + 2 pints water

Total syns for the day = 13.5

Total syns for the week (Day 2) = 27.5/105

Last edited:
Why do you syn your coffee Lily? I don't do coffee but I'm just curious!

Oh WOW Lily congrats to Kirsty and Mark for the baby. I now understand why I was confused about one of your earlier posts. It was when you spoke about Kirsty and Mark moving out and then they weren't but you still spoke about what to do to get the spare room back to being a room rather than a store room for stuff. Left me puzzled but now I get it.

Go Nana Lily on being a trim & fit Nan for the new wee one by December. It will come round so soon as you say. It'll not be long before you have photos as lovely as the new one of Lyla to show off with the new grandwean whichever "variety" pops out. :)

Why do you syn your coffee Lily? I don't do coffee but I'm just curious!

Hey sweetie, now I could just give you the short answer that it's because I put coffeemate in my 1 cup of coffee a day but you know me I won't lol
I love coffee and just can't give it up, over the years I have drunk it most ways strong, weak, with milk, cream, black , you name it and I have decided I like my tea strong my coffee weakish, but I can't drink it black ewww, or with milk as it makes me want to puke and cream is so way out of the question, so 1 spoonful of coffeemate gives me my perfect 1 cup a day lol xxx

Oh WOW Lily congrats to Kirsty and Mark for the baby. I now understand why I was confused about one of your earlier posts. It was when you spoke about Kirsty and Mark moving out and then they weren't but you still spoke about what to do to get the spare room back to being a room rather than a store room for stuff. Left me puzzled but now I get it.

Go Nana Lily on being a trim & fit Nan for the new wee one by December. It will come round so soon as you say. It'll not be long before you have photos as lovely as the new one of Lyla to show off with the new grandwean whichever "variety" pops out. :)

Lol I thought someone might be puzzled by that, I realised after I put it that it was a big clue but decided not to remove it as it would look more suspicious lol
I will be trim and fit ....just had my gorgeous BLT lunch yummy decided to add mushrooms, omg so delish...oh yeah where was I lol....I can't wait to show off the new ankle biter if it's as cute as the others and I don't see why it won't be,it will be scrumptious xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Fantastic news and what a great thing for you to aim for Lily. A slim and fit Nanna, what better gift can you give to your family x

Fantastic news Nanna Lily xx

Thanks sweetie xxx
Sorry Lily I am really behind today so playing catchup darling well done on that nice loss as well :D

Aww thanks again sweetie xxxx I'm playing catch up too lol, still got to go do exercise, but I will just a bit late today, but being as lunch was late I better let it go down first me thinks lol xxx:hug99: xxxx

Fantastic news and what a great thing for you to aim for Lily. A slim and fit Nanna, what better gift can you give to your family x

Thanks hun, it is a great goal, just wish I'd had the detemination I have now when all the rest were born, but better late than never eh? xxx:hug99: xxx

Lilly... Are weekly targets and over all goals are the same!! :)

I want to try and keep to 2lb a week and I am aiming to be in the 14's for November when I go to Florida! (even if it's 14.12!!) lol

My ultimate goals is also 12 stone!! Spooky eh?!!

We should keep each other on track through the next 6 months... We will be different women!! ;-) x

Lilly... Are weekly targets and over all goals are the same!! :)

I want to try and keep to 2lb a week and I am aiming to be in the 14's for November when I go to Florida! (even if it's 14.12!!) lol

My ultimate goals is also 12 stone!! Spooky eh?!!

We should keep each other on track through the next 6 months... We will be different women!! ;-) x

hey sweetie ...you know what's even more spooky, look at our current weight ....lol
I am definitely up for keeping each other in line and we will definitely be there hun ...it's hard to imagine it cos I can't remember the last time I was that low, I was 14st 4lbs when I got preggie with kelly 33 years ago and was 10st 7lb when I had her (I was sick all day and all night the whole pregnancy, lived on baked beans or jam on toast lol), but right after that I piled it back on and was close to 20st in 1986 when I won a holiday and was 11st 10lb when I went on the holiday 8 months later, but came back from hols and by time I got preggie with Kirsty in 1988 I was back up to 16st again and stayed there until my accident in 1998.
So I am well up for this and will be pushing you as much as I hope you'll be pushing me :hug99: xxxx

hey sweetie ...you know what's even more spooky, look at our current weight ....lol
I am definitely up for keeping each other in line and we will definitely be there hun ...it's hard to imagine it cos I can't remember the last time I was that low, I was 14st 4lbs when I got preggie with kelly 33 years ago and was 10st 7lb when I had her (I was sick all day and all night the whole pregnancy, lived on baked beans or jam on toast lol), but right after that I piled it back on and was close to 20st in 1986 when I won a holiday and was 11st 10lb when I went on the holiday 8 months later, but came back from hols and by time I got preggie with Kirsty in 1988 I was back up to 16st again and stayed there until my accident in 1998.
So I am well up for this and will be pushing you as much as I hope you'll be pushing me :hug99: xxxx

Sounds like you are going to get there no problem with the determination you have and the great incentive of the baby. Hope you'll not mind if I come along for the ride too. :)

Back