Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Just got my parcel delivered to my desk. Thank you so much Lily! Love the sender address sticker :p

Hello lovely Lynne it is nice to actually have a little spare time to post again...fingers crossed it stays that way lol
I love doing my menu's and posting my positives, immediately I felt happier and looking forward to the day again.
Oh I used to have some Swarovski crystal, think I do still have a couple of small pieces but gave up with them when Kelly decided to wash them for me and broke 95% of them in the process :argh: bless her :giggle:

My younger brother used to collect beer mats too, he now owns a pub so he most likely has a bigger collection than he had....I actually haven't spoken to him in years which reminds me it was his birthday yesterday oops lol...oh well he never sends me a card so......lol

Have a lovely day hunni :hug99: xxx

Lol to Kelly!

I've knocked several a ear off etc., whilst washing them:eek:

oh Lily how did I get so behind on your diary :( :hug99: xxxxxxxx

Lol it's easy done hunni, we all lead busy lives :hug99: xxx

Hello lovelies, well I had wi tonight :( had a 1lb gain ...at first I was gutted as I really had had the most perfect week, exercising every day, drinking my water and eating properly, couldn't understand where I had gone wrong...so I came home, read my food diary and noticed something, and then checked back as far as my food diary went and there emerged a pattern....and I can't believe it has actually taken me this long to suss it :d'oh:

As you may know if you have gone back into my diary far enough, I have had this week the worst break out of psoriasis that I have had in over 6 months (I believe it's the antibiotics that I have been taking for the last 4 weeks that have knocked out my steroids and they have failed to work. So this last week I have upped my steroids from 180mg a week to to 350mg a week and gone back to using my dermovate steroid ointment (the strongest one on the market)....now I know that steroids affect weight loss, but it's not been till today that I actually sussed it, even though I have a daughter and granddaughter and of course myself who are all heavily dependent on them......
Now I have always known that I can't eat a lot of rice, bread, pasta, noodles, cous cous and bread...so basically carbs.....what I noticed today is that over this week (a normal week I would normally only have any of those particular carbs no more than twice in the same week), I have eaten no less than 15 portions of carbs in the form of rice, noodles and pasta mostly.....when i looked back over the weeks when I had to increase my steroids, there emerged a similar pattern....so I have now written on my whiteboard in the kitchen (to remind myself) that when I am heavily reliant on steroids I need to opt for protein filled meals and not the carbs.....
So here's to a new week and a new knowledge and that 1lb will be gone by next week, along with a few of his friends lol xxx:hug99: xxx

Indeed it will Lily
and well done you for sussing out the culprits dreaded carb-itis

Thanks Kally, I was so gutted and ready to throw the towel in, but then thought I would look and see if I had actually missed something, that's when I noticed the 15 portions of carbs :eek: that's 7.5 x my normal weekly intake ...I was lucky to get away with just the 1lb I think lol xx

As you pointed out to me lovely Lily never throw in the towel keep plodding on regardless x

Absolutely spot on there Kals....it was just a moment of self pity I think....I knew I had in the laws of SW had a perfect week and was looking for a big loss, but scuppered myself instead, it was only momentary I promise, I was more determined to find out where I had gone wrong, this time I wasn't prepared to just write it off as being because of the steroids increase, I had to know why and I found it...so as long as I make a note to avoid them next time I have a flare up, I should have :fingerscrossed: ticked another learning curve box xxx:hug99:xxx

So glad you worked out what it was Lily :D hopefully a good loss next week now :D sorry to hear you psorias flared up again :( :hug99: xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello my lovely twin, like I said to Kally I was determined not to just keep writing it off as a gain due to steroids, although it is them that make you hungry all the time and make you reach for comfort foods, which are normally carb filled, but now I know that's what it is, I will be avoiding them like mad and I just know In will not have these gains so often xxx:hug99: xxx

was literally just saying the same about steroids, i had a short sharp course last month and it derailed me really :confused:

a lb in the grand scheme of things is nothing, but you know thatxxx

have a lovely eveningxxxx

Oh I'm sorry to read about your gain lily :hug99: but it's so good that you've figured out why. Sw I all about learning as we lose weight so it's great news that you now know what's caused the gain.. Don't be disheartened love- lets get you a massive loss next week x

Thanks Mandy, it's amazing how steroids even a short dose can make such a difference isn't it....I am a big eater, always have been, but I almost find my appetite insatiable when I have to up the steroids....I could remain on a lower dose but if I do it takes about 2 months for a flare up to subside and clear up and during that time I can't walk as my feet are too sore and my hands are too sore sometimes to even wash myself so Kirsty or Mal have to do it for me...so I take the higher dose, this has been ok'd by my dermatologist, I have a maximum amount that I can take of these particular ones they are called Neotigisan or Acitretin and that is 75mg a day, now if I take that amount my hands and feet are completely clear in 5 days, but my mouth, nose, face are all covered in sores and blisters and that's more unbearable as I can't even drink water properly, so I have found that 50mg a day will clear a break out, I can then take them for about 2 weeks and even tho I still get blisters and sores they aren't as bad and it will be mostly cleared by then and then I can drop back to my normal dose of 25mg one day and 10mg the next...I know right now that it's time to drop back as my lips are becoming unbearably sore and the lip balm is no longer helping...my hands are about 75% repaired but if I drop back they will take about another 2-3 weeks before they are fully recovered, but these are the first tablets that have really helped in anyway.
Thanks Rozie, SW definitely has helped me fathom most, if not all of my eating problems and each time something like this happens yes I am gutted and sometimes I feel it's not worth it, but the thing that really keeps me going is the thought that if I gave up I'd probably start going up again and that's not going to happen....so yep I was disheartened for about an hour, but I am back on it, today starts my new week and I am now off to do some more exercise, I have already done 2 and half hours this morning, but feel like doing an hour or so of Rebecca Wheatleys DVD :giggle: xxxx:hug99:xxx

Read some of your diary and you have done so well!! Will catch up with the rest another time, keep up the good work xx

Thank you hun and :welcome2: to my diary, please pop in any time you're passing :hug99: xxx

Hi lovely lily x
I ve said this before but you put up with so much pain and deal with it x and never complain ! Me if I get a slight pain I'm on the Internet googling and written myself off many a time I can tell you lol
That pound will go with a few more next week I'm sure steroids do affect your weight so I think you ll have a nice suprise next week
Night x x

evening mum :)

gain is sucky- but it's actually a good thing because if you hadn't have gained you wouldn't have noticed about the carbs. At least you know now and can be careful xx That 1lb will be off in no time- I know you!!

2 1/2 on for me- which is fine- i was expecting it- but some people were thinking that the scales might be a touch out (a few unexpected maintains/gains) because they are diff scales- since J is away. But it could be anything really- we'll see what happens next week

of course- i wanna get to target next week- 4 1/2lb to go- would love that- would really love that. halo is gonna shine this week- i promise!!

can't believe we chatted for 4 HOURS last night- where did the time go?? Was fab though- was lovely to catch up- it's been an age!!!

hope you've had a good day *hugs*

love ya lots :) :)

Morning Lily hun x

Sorry about the gain and the psoriasis flare up, but well done on working out how you went wrong.

I'm another who can't eat lots of carbs, as it just piles on the pounds, which was the reason I switched from extra easy to red/original for most days, so that the carbs are limited.

Just got my parcel delivered to my desk. Thank you so much Lily! Love the sender address sticker :p

How did I miss this lol.....glad you got it ok....I love the stickers too...they were a freebie, other than postage costs from vista print ...I have identical Christmas ones too lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Hi lovely lily x
I ve said this before but you put up with so much pain and deal with it x and never complain ! Me if I get a slight pain I'm on the Internet googling and written myself off many a time I can tell you lol
That pound will go with a few more next week I'm sure steroids do affect your weight so I think you ll have a nice suprise next week
Night x x

Hello lovely, me not complain ...really? I think I am a whinger when it comes to pain, I have such a low pain threshold....or maybe that's just to my family :giggle: ...I actually try not to complain too much, cos there is always somebody a lot worse off than me.
I have never been more determined in my life to lose that and a whole lot more ....that really peed me off cos other than the carbs I had the perfect week, exercised properly, ate properly and drank all my water, I have nver been so gutted....but it's time to bounce back, stay away from the carbs and get it done this week and every week after xxx:hug99:xxx
evening mum :)

gain is sucky- but it's actually a good thing because if you hadn't have gained you wouldn't have noticed about the carbs. At least you know now and can be careful xx That 1lb will be off in no time- I know you!!

2 1/2 on for me- which is fine- i was expecting it- but some people were thinking that the scales might be a touch out (a few unexpected maintains/gains) because they are diff scales- since J is away. But it could be anything really- we'll see what happens next week

of course- i wanna get to target next week- 4 1/2lb to go- would love that- would really love that. halo is gonna shine this week- i promise!!

can't believe we chatted for 4 HOURS last night- where did the time go?? Was fab though- was lovely to catch up- it's been an age!!!

hope you've had a good day *hugs*

love ya lots :) :)

Hello lovely Tanya...naughty girl, you never text me :(, too busy having fun were we :giggle:
Sucks about the gain but you knew it was coming hun, I know you of all people will shift that next week, can you shift a few extra for me too please :D:D, we'll have matching halo's :innocent0002: this week then !!!

4 hours, I know...Mal hasn't stopped going on about it lol keeps saying I went to bed had a good sleep woke up 4 hours later and you 2 were still nattering :8855: and we'd have gone on longer if you'd not had to get up wouldn't we :giggle: ....It was good to have a good catch up hun and to actually here your voice properly this time :giggle:....you look amazing in "real life hun" :wow: oh and I was surprised, I thought your accent might be a bit broader, but it wasn't and as for me being Posh :8855: :8855: :8855: that did make me chuckle....have you ever watched Eastenders? hahahaha...the Queens posh love not me :giggle:

Well hope you're having a fab day hun, can't wait till the holidays are out of the way so we can meet up for real.

Luv ya too sweetie :hug99: xxxx

Back