sick of other peoples negative comments about SS

What annoys me more is when I get my hand blender out on a lunch time in the staffroom. The whole room falls silent and watches me while I 'whizz' up my shake, and then there's always one bright spark who starts giggling at me for using a blender. I have done it every day for 9 and a half weeks - is the novelty ever going to wear off for them, I feel like a circus freak!!!!

I find that the more confident and happy I am about being on the diet, then the people I have told have also been fine.

I was like a lot of people though who know nothing - like Starlight says - and did loads of research into VLCDs before starting W8 - although I am on regular so do eat some food.

I would have thought I would be starving, miserable, desperate to eat etc etc...but I am not and that's whats totally incredible about it.

I am evangelical when I tell people. I am not losing at the rate that a lot are on SS but its quick enough for me - certainly faster than my standing still on previous diets.

Maintenance will be a challenge though - as abstinence becomes quite easy over time.

LRO xx

to be honest ive heard this so many times, but if you look, its from people that dont no anything about the plan, or management at the end. once people have the facts then they seem to change opinions.

the amount of times ive heard it is unbelievable, but only to find that the very same person has looked into trying it or got an appointment to see a cdc just out of 'curiosity' lol...

let them get on with it, its YOUR opinion that counts, nobody elses..

I had some hostility to what I was doing. But that seems to have stopped. I have told one of my friends I am on a diet but not which one because I know she would give me a hard time. Funny though, she saw me in the week and said how well I thought and didnt even give me grief for not eating birthday cake. I still wont tell her what diet i am on though, and no one at work has really commented

You know what it would be a lot easier if folk could just accepted that we are all different and different things float our boats.
For example I could not do slimming world with its red days and green days. Nor could I do weight watchers with all the adding up BUT I accept that is suits other people.
The thing is with this diet is that it is endorsed by your GP in a lot of cases. And you CAN actually eat if you want to by going on a different plan. If I get invited out I just revert to an Atkins type meal and still lose.

When people criticise I sarcastically thank them for their support!!

May we all prove them wrong!

i did lt first, and only family knew. Others, if they asked, i'd say i have a smoothy for breakfast and soup for lunch and 'something healthy' in the eve. On now, on cd i say porridge breakfast, snack bar, soup or smoothy for lunch and 'something healthy' in the eve which is actually food at least now. For those not eating yet, i have been for 2 weeks and hunger has not come back to haunt me and no longer in ketosis either. There is life after this diet and it can be managed normally. :)

Back