Sick of STS

MSM

Hmm... I know losses aren't all nice and even, but nothing seems to be moving at the moment... I managed to get just below 80kg (12.6 st) by the 13th of February, in a week where I was on SS+. Went up to 1000 cal on the 18th with two products, and have been there since - managed to get to 78 kg, but have been stuck there for the past week! NO change, making me wonder whether going further up the steps will mean regaining immediately if there are no losses on just 1000 cal a day...

Did have to resort to - for me! - drastic measures yesterday when I gave in and acquired some Dulcolax (smile of relief :p), but still... A whole week and no loss - on 1000 cal? sigh...

I have done a 1-hour workout daily at the fitness centre for the past three days, but surely that shouldn't make that amount of difference - it's not like I look like Arnie or anything :D

Am seriously worried about going up to the next step on Monday at this rate...

... And no, patience was never my greatest virtue, but even so :(

Unfortunately, patience is something you're gonna need. :)

It's not unheard of to have a week with very little loss when doing nothing but SS, let alone when you've reintroduced some carbs and restocked your glycogen a bit. You'll still have lost some fat on 1000 cals a day. But you won't be able to tell cos you've got more water on board (thanks to the glycogen). Oh, and thanks to the exercise. Weight gain when you do exercise doesn't usually have anything to do with muscle growth (well, not to begin with anyway) - it's to do with your muscles and ligaments mending themselves after the normal wear and tear caused by exertion, which requires, yes, you've guessed it, water.

It'll start dropping back down soon. You're not having enough calories to stay the same for long and even when you move up to 1200 calories you'll still lose fat.

It's going to come off hun, don't worry. :hug99:

Aw, cheers Lily - you've managed to cheer me up once again ;)

I have to say, if the muscles need water for repair it's no wonder then - today's workout with weights was relatively ok, but the past two days have left calf muscles in agony and those around the midriff toning up nicely... Usually go three times a week, but only one class and two lots of circuit training, but have changed to four classes a week instead and can certainly feel the difference! No slacking in class!!!

Oh well, more patience then... Dulcolax still doing its thing, too - every little helps :D

Had actually forgotten about the glycocen stores, too - my thinking was that the effect would only show up once we stop using the products, but of course I have indeed reintroduced a certain amount of carbs...

Fair enough - I will TRY to be more patient... Not promising anything, though :p

Hope your day at home is doing wonders for your health - what a drag, perhaps a vit C boost? Or just a long holiday... :character00180:

Aw, cheers Lily - you've managed to cheer me up once again ;)

I have to say, if the muscles need water for repair it's no wonder then - today's workout with weights was relatively ok, but the past two days have left calf muscles in agony and those around the midriff toning up nicely... Usually go three times a week, but only one class and two lots of circuit training, but have changed to four classes a week instead and can certainly feel the difference! No slacking in class!!!

Oh well, more patience then... Dulcolax still doing its thing, too - every little helps :D

Had actually forgotten about the glycocen stores, too - my thinking was that the effect would only show up once we stop using the products, but of course I have indeed reintroduced a certain amount of carbs...

Fair enough - I will TRY to be more patient... Not promising anything, though :p

Hope your day at home is doing wonders for your health - what a drag, perhaps a vit C boost? Or just a long holiday... :character00180:

Oh, a long holiday would be wonderful. But it's completely impossible right now. :( It was a bit of a gamble deciding to take today off sick but I'm just exhausted. :cry: Actually, we're all poorly today - me, OH and our son. Roll on summer... :sigh:

Oh, a long holiday would be wonderful. But it's completely impossible right now. :( It was a bit of a gamble deciding to take today off sick but I'm just exhausted. :cry: Actually, we're all poorly today - me, OH and our son. Roll on summer... :sigh:

Oh no - a whole household of patients... We had the same situation here a few weeks ago, though with a tummy bug - the only consolation is that it was over and done with for all of us in one go. But yours does seem to be hanging around, it's such a drag to feel under the weather all the time, doesn't really inspire you to do much... Sending lots of goid health vibes your way :chores016:

...hmm... Sure there was a smiley for vibes, but you'll have to make do with the dog, it's so cute anyway :p

Have you had the tape measure out? Chances are you are gaining more water weight as you are introducing some carbs into your diet, however, you are probably losing inches and fat. It will all come good in the end. Well done on your loss so far.

Back