Sick Of Wasting My 20's..Last Ditch Effort

Thank you guys :) xx

I had a panicky wobble whilst eating my dinner last night. Still optimising 100%. But, I finished work late and was really hungry so made a LARGE bowl of pasta (free) 75g philidelphia light (HEA) 1tbsp Pesto (2.5syns) ... I proceeded to eat the whole lot and felt very full. My boyfriend decided to say 'that's not healthy' 'you'll never lose weight eating all that' ... Which started me panicking. I know pasta is free on a green day but how much? Surely you can't eat lots and still lose weight? Is there a certain amount I should have? Does any one find they lose less weight on green days? ... I just hope I've not ruined my weigh in this week by having too much pasta last night :/ :( x

I had a panicky wobble whilst eating my dinner last night. Still optimising 100%. But, I finished work late and was really hungry so made a LARGE bowl of pasta (free) 75g philidelphia light (HEA) 1tbsp Pesto (2.5syns) ... I proceeded to eat the whole lot and felt very full. My boyfriend decided to say 'that's not healthy' 'you'll never lose weight eating all that' ... Which started me panicking. I know pasta is free on a green day but how much? Surely you can't eat lots and still lose weight? Is there a certain amount I should have? Does any one find they lose less weight on green days? ... I just hope I've not ruined my weigh in this week by having too much pasta last night :/ :( x

Free is free, I follow EE but still weigh my pasta and rice. Usually have 100g pasta which is enough for me. Make sure you are getting your superfree in there. I wouldn't worry hun, im sure one minor slip on the portion control wont have had any major effect on WI

Hi chick, am stopping by to subscribe to your diary. As a fellow twentysomething overweight hospital worker I can totally relate! My journey so far has been slow and steady but im plodding on x
Thank you! It's funny you can go along thinking noone understands you, of noone knows what it's like to be in your situation. But it's great to hear from people who are :) x

So, today I'm picking a Red day, to balance out my carby Green day yesterday. The jock will tell you, I'm an awful cook. It just never interested me, he's definitely the cook in our house. However, I know SW relies on cooking from scratch so today I decided to cook....an omelette (haha)

image-3431873397.jpg

Best bit is it's all 100% FO. Ham (Free) Eggs (Free) Black Pepper (Free) Milk (HEA) and melted Kerry Low Low cheese slices (HEA) melted through...bloody handsome!! If I do say so myself. Watch out Nigella.

Hope you're all having good days x

Omg you said your an awful cook but your omelette looks amazing. Mine always turns out a big mess all broken up and no shape to it!!

Amazing results in your first couple of weeks too!!

Thank you so much Mrs :) The support on here is great really spurs you on!!

So, tonight I very nearly had a disaster. Had saved my syns, as was planning on being a reformed domestic goddess and cooking the Jock a meal when he got home from work...courtesy of 'Mama's Dolmio'. The plan was spaghetti for him and a bed of lettuce for my bolognese for me. Don't know what made me do it, but as it was all simmering away I was having a flick through my food bible, whilst watching Hollyoaks, where to my horror I noticed that Asda Irish Mince Beef has 6.5 syns per 100g. I was planning on having a good 250g as thought it was free!!!!!! Apparently only 'less than 5% fat' mince is free. Devastated as it smelt amazing. That was a touch though! I very nearly had a disaster.

Stuck for ideas I just through a few things together from the fridge for my tea instead.

image-3578038560.jpg

Looks like vomit in a bowl but was actually bloody lush. Lettuce (Free) Vinegar (Free) 3 x Boiled Eggs (Free) 3 tbsp Extra light Mayo (1.5syns) 2 tsp Mustard (1syn) Paprika (Free) and.....now I believe this is free??? 200g Canned Premium Ham??? Felt very naughty but was yummmm x

Only lost 1lb this week. Slightly gutted as tried 100%, no slip ups :/

So, decided this time round I'm NOT going to have a cheat day. You know, starve yourself all day until weigh in. Then come home and have whatever you want just for that night, cos you still have 6 days to lose. This time I'm doing every day as a food optimising day, because this has to be a new way of eating and I have to stop using McDonalds, bread, butter and chocolate as a reward. Sounds very sad that I have to say it out loud (haha) but I do find this site helps spur me on loads. I'm determined to shift this 4.5lb to push me into the 21's. Id love to do it before February but shan't get my hopes up if I'm only going to manage 1lb a week :)

1lb is still a loss though. Well done :)

When I tried SW last year, I used to have a blow out evening (weigh day) where I would eat what I want but I often found that had an impact on my loss for that week. I don't know why but it just did. I have also changed my perspective now in that taking care of myself, means giving myself quality food. Treating myself to a mcdonalds is not taking care of myself at all. So now if I want a cheat meal it will be at a nice restaurant or something (which I cant really afford) but you get my point! And well done on your 1lb weight loss, a loss is still a loss lovely. x

Only lost 1lb this week. Slightly gutted as tried 100%, no slip ups :/

I lost a pound this week too so lnow how you feel. Was also 100%! I've noticed i always lose more when I have a couple of higher syn/calorie days so trying that again this week to try and give myself a boost.

Don't be too dissapointed, it's still a step in the right direction and these pounds add up xx

I'm soooooooooooo nervous this morning. Not going to be able to face lunch or dinner. Have a job interview at 2.45 :/ :( I have a good job now so if I don't get it, I'll be no worse off. But, it's my dream job in the profession I'm in.

Anyway, hope you have all had a good weekend xxx

Back