Sickened myself with the same teas - Ideas PLEASE

Veggie Dieter

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I am really starting to get stuck in a rut with my meals so if you could give me some easy meal ideas please I would be very grateful. I loved the SW quiche, egg and chips, mushrooms with melted mozzarella but i've had my fill of them for the time being so can you recommend any teas for me please.

Thanks

have a look through the recipe section, theres lots of good ideas in there :)

Hi Veggie

I stumbled on your plea for help. I am not a veggie, but there are plenty of people in this forum who have mainly green days - if you go over to the food diary section and look for Erms Diary - she has does mixed days, buyt mainly greens and has a wide selection of yummy veggie friendly recipes - Lentil Shepherds Pie, Egyptian Lentil Curry, Jalepeno hummus to name but a few - you will find lots of other very inspiring diaries if you just go noseying through various diaries.

Good luck!

x

Have a look on the quorn website......there's some brilliant ideas on there and lots can be adapted to SW!!! I had singapore noodles last night and they were deeeeelissshhhhh!!!! x

I love cous cous with roasted vegetables... Dice a red pepper and a yellow pepper into inch chunks, same with a large onion, slice 2-3 cloves of garlic, chop some mushrooms roughly and spray all with frylight and roast for approx. half hour... I make the cous cous with a veg stock cube in the water to make it extra tasty :) Mix it all together and enjoy

Try this , super speed soup dead easy to do too, you need 1.5 litres of water and 2 vegetable stock cubes add to this chopped onion leek potato carrot celery parsnips baby corn basically any veg you like bring to the boil and then simmer for 2 hours. Yiu can add herbs If you like And crushed garlic too. This serves about 6... And is delicious some like to blend it but I prefer it to stay as it is as it fills me up xx enjoy xx remember thus can be adapted as you like as long as you only change the veg :)

Try slimming eats its by brit mum in canada off this site and she is fab loads of dishes veggie and meat but ya could swap meat for quorn xx

As a longtime SW veggie I feel your pain so here are a few ideas:

quorn chili - you can mix it up by using different vegetables with the mince, such as plantain, courgette or sweet potato
pasta with spinach and ricotta and grilled cherry toms
sweet and sour quorn/tofu
mexican tofu casserole (Mexican Tofu Casserole | The Food Medic - take out the avocados and just have HexA and it's SW friendly)

and finally my new favourite recipe - this stuff shakshuka | smitten kitchen. Amazingly delicious and make it SW friendly by using FryLight and Hex feta and either have it with a HexB wholemeal pitta or do as I do and make your own homefries and serve it on top of those.

How about a curry packed with loads of veggies and some tofu if you want it?

You can change almost any recipe to veggie!

I love sticky chicken but maybe you could do it with tofu?

Get tofu and fry using equal parts balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey! Serve with some rice and a salad!

We just tried quorn ragu pasta - really quick and easy! Boil 1pint stock with 700g passata, throw in onion carrot and celery, quorn mince (or mixed beans) and a 2 tbsp of tomato puree. Cook pasta according to pack. Stick it all in an oven proof dish and top with cheese. Tastes great, and freezes really well.

Slimmingeats.com she has amazing recipes and really easy too.
Ones I've tried and recommend
Roasted BNS risotto (I love this have it once a fortnight it's so good).
Carbonara (omit the bacon and replace with Quorn pieces).

and finally my new favourite recipe - this stuff shakshuka | smitten kitchen. Amazingly delicious and make it SW friendly by using FryLight and Hex feta and either have it with a HexB wholemeal pitta or do as I do and make your own homefries and serve it on top of those.

Ooooh, that shakshuka looks nommy, I will have to try it!

I agree with the others who suggest slimming eats - everything I've cooked from there has been delish.

Back