Siezing the day... whatever the day may bring !

Brilliant that you had a good group session, sometimes things are right there and you don't see them. I'm having a bit if a miserable time at work, and have 'known' for a long time I am undervalued by some others, I give myself a hard time about it, doung LL and losing the weight is such a committment to you, it will boostbyour cinfidence and maybe if you are dissatisfied enough withbyour job, you will find another. There are more jobs around at the moment with betyer pay than 12 months ago, go for it! I am at the edge of it all, prepping my cv, not applying for anything for another for weeks and pounds off, this I know will make me feel and look more confident and comfortable.

I do hope that you make the decision best for you, you really really are worth it. You deserve to work where you feel valued!
Jx

Third day on plan 100%. Tidy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 4 of 50 day refocus

Jules thanks for your post. Hard thing when you are dissatisfied with your job. I think it is worse when work is your life. Vocation not just a job. I had a really challenging day yesterday, but one that was well within my skill set and one that I enjoyed. The work itself I really do love with a passion it is interesting and challenging. The lack of recognition for what I do however is appauling. I'm not expecting fan fares but give and take a little. One of my colleagues seems far better thought of and does not a lot. Sout grapes on my part lol HELL YES! :D I want to have two hours out of my day to go have my hair done lol

Anyway the situation will resolve itself and I have set my mind on better things. Better things will come as I deserve them!

Lighter life wise I am hoping I have turned a corner. Settled on 50 days of abstinence, total abstinence nothing but abstinence :) Not been 100% for a while so need to knock that on the head. This is my fourth day and so the ketosis fairy is kicking in.

Have a retirement do and my mother's 60th to get through next weekend. Already planned not to eat. I think it helps that the restaraunt that we are going to for the retirement party is one which I dont particularly fancy so that will make the food easier to resist.

I've downloaded one of the aps that I saw recomended on the CD forum. Linda Spangle's 100 days of weight loss. Have to say it is very good. Lot like the Beck stuff. On day two she talks about whether you are interested in loosing weight or comitted to doing so, which really struck home to me. So far I can say that I have been interested in loosing weight rather than comitted.

Being interested in loosing weight for me means that:-
1) I choose to deviate from plan when faced with an invitation out.
2)Eat just a little bit of food not on the plan.
3) Stretch the boundaries of what you are allowed to eat.
4) Eat protien in addition to packs as it wont take me out of ketosis even though I am on total food replacement with lighter life.

Committed to loosing weight :-
1) Committed follows the plan 100% no deviations.
2) Committed drinks plenty of water so as not to feel hungry or rubbish.
3) Committed doesn't allow social invitations to provide an excuse to come off plan. ( I mean who really cares if you eat or not bar you!)
4) Committed does not eat bits of protein, then more bits of protein ect.
5)Committed stays in ketosis and feels much better.

So I have been focusing on being committed to loosing weight rather than interested in it. I have set myself a chunk of 50 days total abstinence, before a time off work and a break from plan. Then I will have another 50 days. Going well. No matter what I am going to do this, I deserve it. I will get to my goal, come hell or high wateR.

Already seeing a difference in the weight on the scales. Group tonight as I have changed nights. May weigh and see how I get on.

Onwards and downwards peeps x

You know what, I think no matter where you work there's always someone who seems not to do much but gets on and gets the recognition...they are either what they call in wales 'arselickers (i know not nice) or people are too frightened of them to say anything. You are better than that and the fact your rising above it makes me think you are deemed for better things.

So glad your back on track huni, its hard getting back on the wagon so to speak. You seem very focused which is half the battle.

You can do it huni
xxxxx

Thanks Jules. In a much better place head wise for the time being.

Doing the Spangle thing, so set myself a committment of 50 days no lapse. Day 4 today. It's much easier body wise when you are 100% in ketosis. I was knocking myself out too often, and so feeling like rubbish. It really isnt worth it, especially when you see the losses that you can get.

Keep on with the swimming you are doing brill xx

Well done clara for getting back to 100% and sticking with it, love ketosis too!
Im going to have a look at the app you downloaded, I think its good to look around, and work out whats best personally.
Good luck tinight with your new group, hope you get the support you deserve.
Keep focussed, its a long journey and you have already come so far!
Jx

Good group, seem like a nice bunch of girls. Quite comitted, which will help. Another day in abstinence, well done me !

Lost 3 lb as well since Tues, lot more on my scales. All good.

Onwards and downwards x

Day five done.

WEekends are always more of a challenge. Caught up with series two of Lie to Me, well catching up. Very chilled day. Cwtched up on the sofa, out of the rain. Not even the dog wanted to go far.

Done some writting re lighter life, useful. Need to fix my life rather than my food. Same problems floating around as there were with the first time round on the program. Shift those and I shift the reliance on food. Lighbulb momment. Only taken a few years lol

Also going to work on a vision board to work towards what I want rather than be motivated to move away from what I dont want.

Onwards and downwards :)

Day 6 done. Good day. Book then bed :)

Doing good Julz thanks for asking. Day 7 in ketosis and going well.

Sorting out the house at the mo. Found Flylady website, really good tool to get things sorted, declutter and establish some good routines.

Work is exceptionally busy and a bit of a nightmare, yesterday and today. Did not resort to carby food which I was very pleased with.

How are things with you?

Good to hear, nice one for not reaching for carbs, its so inbuilt in our brains, sneaks up too when ur not thinking straight and strong!
I'm not doing bad, work still cr@p but strange calmness has taken over my sanity since now I have made that decision, lots of cooked breakfast in the office this morning I could really have done without, am on milk week and read the LL book last night which says it might push you out of ketosis and you will probably feel hungry, but remember its all in your head didn't help!!!
All in all doing good,
We willnget there!!
Jx

Amen to that sister :) keep fighting the good fight x

Clara, your website/app tips are brill. Keep them coming - you're my guru!! Xx

Glad ur back on track. Good to see you hope ur well xx

Well done Clara
I missed your diary last time so have just read from begining to end.it is really interesting reading your reasons for not wanting to lose and your comitment to losing weight.
I often ask myself why i have sabbotaged diets in the past and the answer i have come up with is because its easier to stay where i am/was rather than change .I know realise that by doing that means I have failed before I start.
So great for you recognising your reasons and taking such a positive head on approach.
Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
Thank you for your support
Cathy

Aww thanks for that Cathy, that was kind of you to say and even braver to read through my ramblings lol

I think I have got a positive image to work towards at the mo instead of hurtling into the void of unknown teritory. Now people may laugh, I know it tickles me. Rather than just working towards smaller and loosing weight ,as I cant picture that well. I am forming a picture of looking like one of those retro styled burlesque fifties housewives. The ad men era .On my motivation board is going pics of Nigella Lawson and Kirsty thingy the one of the house programs. They look fab, great clothes, rounded not too small. Working on the domestic goddess front at home also lol

Well maybe madness but it is working for me at the mo :D

Weigh in for me tonight. On my home scales from my top weight I have lost 4stone 3lb, started lighter life a stone less. So we shall see what scales say this evening.

Onwards and downwards x

Back