*sigh* I'm having more problems...

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
My eyesight has gone swimmy and I can't tell colours apart well if they are similar - e.g. can't play a computer game.
Anyone else had this??
Assuming it's low blood pressure again but don't know.

no i havent hun only time i really get this is when i suffer migraines but i hope you get answers soon hun xxx

It's not like what I get with migraines...it is more verging on not being able to see!

Was that you who had the problems last week with the bp? if so maybe u should check up with ur doc just to make sure everythings ok.. hope u start feeling better soon thou xxxxxxxx

yeah it was, obviously no doc today...phoned NHS Direct and they said 'come off Lipotrim'...well duh! So not sure what to do now! I love LT and don't want to stop it when I haven't even seen anyone

Grrrr...ok now got: palpitations, chest and muscle pain, violent pains under ribs. Going to lie down!!!

hun i would say ya heath is at risk call an emergency doctor and either talk to them or come off it like nhs said. it is your decision but i would strongly advise to see a doctor asap. xxx

DH is insisting we go to the out of hours now...he's just speaking to them. Will let ya know, thanks xxxx

rach I hope you go get yourself checked out hunny with those symptoms certain things need to be ruled out....health first...there are other diets and you are under that recommended BMI of 30 that the VLCD were designed for ...see what the docs say and I hope you feel better soon xxx

i hope you feel better soon hon. i can only agree with what has been said above. your health has to come first!!

abz xx

well rachel you really get me worrying...............i think you should go to emergency doctor to check that. please let us know how you feel...................fingers crossed for you. X X x x

Prob low BP and the chest pains...well you need to get them checked out. Could be just stress (a lot of people can get chest pains with stress, its called Da Costa's syndrome/Effort Syndrome) but please get it checked out hun, let us know!!!! xxx

Hello : )
Thanks so much for all your concern, it is greatly appreciated!
So this is what happened - it's very long as I thought we are all interested in docs commenting on LT! : )
Went to the doctor and explained my symptoms. She was actually incredibly nice and helpful, and balanced. She spent ages with me.
When I told her I was on a VLCD, she just gave a huge sigh. I said 'what?' then she said 'let's just wait and see what's going on.' It was, as I suspected, low blood pressure - all the symptoms were based on that - the dizziness, palpitations, numbness, vision problems, cramps and sickness she said. The chest pains were due to the palpitations. She then said 'now, here's the bit you're expecting. I have seen 5 or 6 patients this year with these symptoms on VLCDs.'
Then she just looked at me. Again I asked 'what?'
She said 'I'm waiting for you to argue. They always argue. They say 'it's not the diet'. And, Ok, it might not be (though I don't believe that) - but this is a commonly reported side effect and that is what I want you to know.'
She then said 'I want you to go home and eat NOW. I don't care what, but it is very important that you go home and eat at least 500-600 calories as soon as you get home, preferably more, and rest for the evening.'
She said 'I understand people do these diets because they are desperate, I even think there are some cases in which they are useful - but I have to tell you my medical advice is that you stop for good now. I would offer that advice to 99 per cent of people on these diets. However, if you do decide to carry on - because you have that look on your face that you are not paying any attention to me right now - I want you to pay attention to how you are feeling. I want you to eat more - protein if you want - if you start to feel like this again. If you feel dizzy, don't drive. And I want you to ask the pharmacist who is running this thing to take your blood pressure every single time you go in for your appointments.'
Anyway, she really was very nice and not patronising at all. I came home and had some smoked salmon and light cream cheese, which was 1g of carbs and 600 calories. It was really odd...I hated eating it at first, it tasted nice but not as nice as I would have expected if you'd asked me half an hour beforehand. A quarter of the way through I was full. Then it was like the floodgates opened and I wanted to eat everything in sight. But I decided to have my third shake of the day - in a way it was like closing the door on eating for the day, it worked well. I've not been hungry and about half an hour later I started to feel much better. I even had the energy to cook a roast for my DH : )
Anyway, have only had 1000ish calories, will be in ketosis still and plan to try my shakes tomorrow and see how they go down!
Wow this was the longest post I have ever written but thought anything to do with doctors' reactions was always interesting to us lot!
Anyway, I feel absolutely fine...and guess what? The shake was tastier than the smoked salmon!!!

RACHEL WHAT YOUR DOCTOR TOLD YOU IS ACTAULLY TRU I HARD IT STRAIGHT FROM THE PHARMANCY! LOW BLOOD PREASSURE IS VERY COMMON SIDE EFFECT OF lt

Glad to hear you are ok perhaps now you can at lest make an informed decision based on your specific situation...good luck with what ever you decide x

oh Rachel.... poor you, I guess you need to make your own decision on this one hun.. you have to ask yourself ''if this diet is for me..& is it really worth all the suffering and worry..''...big decision hun..

good luck..:)

Back