Signed up and raring to go, just a few quibbles...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi all,

I went along with a friend on Sunday and did the terrible deed of stepping on the scales to find out my fate.

I did weight watchers some years ago when everything was pointed. I was looking forward to doing the weighing and pointing as it worked so well for me and taught me to control the calories. I've slipped into such bad habbits and really needed to get my head into something that would keep my eating at bay.

I am not sure how I feel about the 'simple start' plan. I find it similar to slimming world in some ways, which is a diet that I have tried and failed because of the awful stomach ache that I get due to the 'free foods' that I eat plenty of. I think this is why the pointing plan helps me because I can still eat the things I enjoy but in moderation.

I was a little disappointed that I wasn't given the choice to decide for myself whether to do the simple start or points plan. Nevertheless I am following the simple start plan and finding it ok so far. I have found using skimmed milk in my hot drinks absolutely fine, but did struggle with it on my cereal!

I'd be interested to hear from others how you find the simple start plan and to ask why everyone is started off on this different plan to start off with? Is it to get you thinking about chosing healthier foods to begin with then introducing all foods but in moderation? :confused::confused::confused:

I am doing the propoints plan and not going to meetings at the moment, but as far as i was aware you can do the propoint or the simple start, did the leader give you a daily porpoints limit at all. though it was a choice between the two and you do the filling and healthy after simple start.

I dont think i would be able for simple start as have no portion control so propoints is what i will be sticking to :)

Good luck with it anyway

I am doing the propoints plan and not going to meetings at the moment, but as far as i was aware you can do the propoint or the simple start, did the leader give you a daily porpoints limit at all. though it was a choice between the two and you do the filling and healthy after simple start.

I dont think i would be able for simple start as have no portion control so propoints is what i will be sticking to :)

Good luck with it anyway

Thanks for your response!

I wasn't given any daily propoints. I was just given the 'simple start' booklet, record card and a 'My Weekly' booklet. The leader told all the new starters (there were a lot of us!) that on the second week we would be given a guide to the propoints.

Last time I did the diet I was given a daily allowance and had to stick with it, I think I was allowed to have an extra 4 points a week or something to play with (I used these on a Friday night for wine!)Is it more or less the same or has it changed much? Before if was just called 'points', is there a difference between points and pro points or is it just a new name?

I came away from the meeting quite confused to be honest!

I also had issues downloading the app (simple start) it was asking for my monthly pass details and asking to pay by direct debit card, but I was hoping to do this in class rather than online. This has meant I've been unable to access the app.

Not off to the best start! Sticking to the plan though!

Personally if you want to do pro points I'd say go for it. If you want to someone can work out your daily points, explain the plan and there are plenty of apps for calculating the pro points to get you through till Sunday.

Plus you've got us to help you.

Good luck x

hi hun :)

id just make it quite clear that u only wanna do propoints!
im doing pps at the moment but i dont go to meetings im just doing it myself from home!
x

It does sound a confusing start for you :thumbdown: they really seem to he pushing the simple start and all the new material for it.

I don't go to meetings. If you download the value diary app-I think it was a couple of pounds but its a fab app. It will work out your points allowance for you. Propoints tend to be higher than the old points but just because its calculated in a different way. You then log your meals on it. You gave 49 points as a weekly allowance on top of your daily allowance.
Hope that all makes sense :) xxx

diary - 4 stone to loose the veggie way

Must be giving all the new starts the simple start so, Maybe to get people eating more healthy. Tell your leader next week you want to do the propoints if you find you dont loose any weight, if you loose weight this week i would stick to the simple start for the second week and then go to propoints.

The old points system gave you a daily points amount and you could bring 4 of these over to next days if you wish, majority of poeple were on the same amount of points. With the propoints the points are worked out based on your gender, height, age and weight so its different for most people and the minimun a person can be on is 26 a day. You use all of you daily points withen the day you are not suppose to go under that amount. You are also given 49 weekly points (same amount for everyone) and you can use then however you want during the week for treats etc, if you dont use them you lose them.

As far as the app goes i cant help im afraid as i live in Ireland and we dont have the app's at all, but i think i remember someone else say you get a code at your meetings i could be wrong. ask your leader at you next meeting.

Must be giving all the new starts the simple start so, Maybe to get people eating more healthy. Tell your leader next week you want to do the propoints if you find you dont loose any weight, if you loose weight this week i would stick to the simple start for the second week and then go to propoints.

The old points system gave you a daily points amount and you could bring 4 of these over to next days if you wish, majority of poeple were on the same amount of points. With the propoints the points are worked out based on your gender, height, age and weight so its different for most people and the minimun a person can be on is 26 a day. You use all of you daily points withen the day you are not suppose to go under that amount. You are also given 49 weekly points (same amount for everyone) and you can use then however you want during the week for treats etc, if you dont use them you lose them.

As far as the app goes i cant help im afraid as i live in Ireland and we dont have the app's at all, but i think i remember someone else say you get a code at your meetings i could be wrong. ask your leader at you next meeting.

Thank you! That's so helpful :)

If I lose when I go on Sunday then I will give it another week before switching to propoints.

An extra 49 weekly points sounds like an awful lot! Do you still lose weight - How is that possible???

Its different for everyone, some people find that if they dont eat any of them they other find they lose more if they eat all or some of them so its just trial and error. I use majority of mine most weeks usually for nights/dinners out at the weekends which i find is best for me. others split them up over the week few extra points a day.

Id say use them all at first and if you are losing great but if you find your weight loss slows down at least you can drop some and give you a boost again

Back