Signing my fat away... my diet diary!

dry mouth, weird metallic sort of taste and don't feel hungry means ketosis!

also, TeamShelley, you look about the same size as me in your 'before' pic as i look in my 'after' pics! had to reread your stats thinking i was going crazy - where are you hiding your heavy?!

Sapphireblue said:
dry mouth, weird metallic sort of taste and don't feel hungry means ketosis!

also, TeamShelley, you look about the same size as me in your 'before' pic as i look in my 'after' pics! had to reread your stats thinking i was going crazy - where are you hiding your heavy?!

Hahaha you are not the first person to ask that... It's all in my hips tum and bum and thighs! You should see me nekkid ;-) haha! I dont think i have seen your before and after pics as i dont think im allowed to look a t profiles yet!

I think I'm popping into town today so might pick up some ketostix just to have a check. I'm not hungry and I do have that metallic taste so just want to make sure! I'm actually starting to dread the weigh in! Fingers and toes are crossed for at least 4lbs loss in my first week!
Xxx

Hi TeamShelley,

I think you look fab right now. How are you so nipped in?? I couldn't look like that with an industrial strength corset :D

How are you feeling today? I am feeling a bit fed up to be honest. Won't bore you with the details, but written an essay in my diary. Only one more day until weigh in. Really hope it motivates me, because today I am ready to stop which is scary.

Bella*Vida said:
Hi TeamShelley,

I think you look fab right now. How are you so nipped in?? I couldn't look like that with an industrial strength corset :D

How are you feeling today? I am feeling a bit fed up to be honest. Won't bore you with the details, but written an essay in my diary. Only one more day until weigh in. Really hope it motivates me, because today I am ready to stop which is scary.

Nooooo don't stop - we are in this together! What time is your WI on Monday? Mine is at 12 which is a bit rubbish as means I have to fit in 3 shakes after that! Here's hoping we have big losses to spur us on!

I think I'm just a big pear shape so that dress flatters my shape because it's flared out from the waist! Believe me what's under that dress ain't pretty!

Xxx

shelley - i haven't done proper 'after' pics yet but i have some recent ones in my diary.

i'm hoping to lose a few more inches whilst stepping up by reintroducing exercise. i could cope with where i am now but i'd be happier a teensy bit smaller.

funny how apples and pears want to be the opposite - i can only see your small waist because i don't have one, whereas i've got dinky hips and don't really appreciate it - grass is always greener!

Hey Shelley and sapphire blue,

I would settle for apple or pear, but I think I am a hybrid of both! Carry my weight everywhere and after 4 kids, the mid section is not a pretty sight. Even if I lose all the weight, my bikini days are well over :sigh:

i've never had bikini days and i don't think i ever will!

i'll settle for not being embarrassed in any swimming type outfit though...

Sapphire blue- I would say you are there already. You can look forward to a skimpy summer.

Shelley- forgot to say my weigh in is 10am Monday so not too bad. Not sure what the loss will be, but ca't help but think I will be disappointed. I think I am expecting miracles.

but this diet is a miracle! good luck.x

I agree with the other posts - your before picture looks fabulous! I'll take your word that the dress covers your weight (and what a good job it does!). :jelous:

I have the dry mouth, metallic taste, etc., but still get hungry...and still want real food. However, I do have loads of energy - yesterday I worked out, walked the dog, cleaned the house and babysat for friends.

Based on the first couple of days loss (home scale), I got all excited and set a goal for the week, which it looks like I'll miss. After all the water, the rate of loss slows down. But still I agree with saphireblue - this diet is amazing. It's just like anything - you gotta keep working it. :)

Ahh thanks guys!

Yep deffo got a dry mouth and metallicy taste! I'm going to buy some digital scales today and make a note of them tomorrow just before my weigh in so I can see how accurate they are! I'm actually finding myself enjoying all the water now! Looking forward to choosing my favourite shakes etc tomorrow as I have had to put up with a few I wasn't so keen on! Last night I made chocolate mint ice cream which was immense! (crush 10, ice cubes, add 3 tablespoons water and the shake powder then blend for 3/4 mins) so I will definitely be getting more than 3 of those babies! I can't believe I'm on day 7 - I have resisted all urges for food which simply wouldn't have happened before the CD. I was in on my own last night and that would usually call for wine, sweets and chocolate but I was quite content with my 'ice cream' and a cuppa!

Still quite nervous for the weigh in - terrified I would have only lost a pound or two!

Xx

I can't believe you would lose only 1-2lbs! Just the water weight alone is more than that.

Enjoy day 7 and I look forward to seeing all our week 1 results tomorrow!

Ooooh Shelley, loving the mint choc ice cream idea. Mint choc chip is my favorite ice cream flavour, well apart from strawberry cheesecake, but don't think we can manage that one with the shake powder. Going to get a sachets or two for next week! Do you just use a hand blender and do you have to bash the ice up a bit first?

I went and got digital scales before starting too. Got a cheap one from Homebase which measures body fat and water too. Think it is Salter brand. You input your sex, age and height and it calculates the % for you.

I love the idea of ice cream! Thanks so much! :p

I have just had a defeated discussion on Facebook with someone about Cambridge. People really make my blood boil! I had 'you're stupid, I had gallstones after starting Cambridge and now I am in pain for life' - cue me trying to explain that of course you will have a couple of negative stories out of all the positives but the positives by far outweigh the negative stories! Then a nutritionist came along and started having a go at me too.

Never mentioning it on Facebook again!

OMG.....can't believe people were having a go!! It's got nothing to do with them how you choose to lose weight. You should point out that you are not publically announcing any opinions on their choice of lifestyle!!! Some people really annoy me...grrrrr....don't let them get to you Hun, you are doing great. You are certainly not stupid!!!!! xxxx

I shouldn't have let it get to me really, but it really did! I read so many reviews and thought about it so carefully before I started and I feel brilliant at the moment! If 6 weeks down the line it's not feeling right for me, I can stop and try something else! People can get gallstones for lots of reasons!

I don't tell them how to live their lives so why should they do the same to me! I am doing this for me, and how I feel about myself for once!

Thank you LilyPotter! I love this forum, at least we are all in the same boat!

xxx

No worries hunni. We are all here to support each other. I have many friends who have done this diet with success and had no issues. I've been doing this 7 weeks now and I feel great xxx

Ok so end of week 1 and its weigh in tomorrow. I fixed my new scales (they were showing me at 10 stone something haha - as much as I would have loved it, they were not correct :p) so I know roughly what I have lost, but I am going to wait until tomorrow morning and then have it confirmed by the CDC. I also want to see how far out my scales are compared to hers so I can start weighing during the week.

I don't feel hungry at all and I have that metallic taste in my mouth which means I must be in ketosis. The not being hungry thing is great except today I just didn't want anything! I have had 3 litres of water and a couple of cups of tea, and a vanilla shake and I am just not hungry. Not good as it means I have only had a third of my nutrients today.

Shakes and soups wise... ummm, I hate the soups. I got all the soups that were not spicy and hate them all, plus I hate spice so I think I just have to cut them from my plan unless they bring out a yummy tomato one which isn't spicy! Out of interest, how spicy are they? I can only eat chicken korma and sometimes pepper tastes spicy to me so that gives you an idea of how rubbish I am with it haha.

Shakes. I have liked all the ones I got. I will probably try a couple of the other flavours next week, but my favourites were chocolate, chocolate mint, banana and strawberry. I make them with ice all the time now as it makes them just like McDonalds milkshakes. I want to try butterscotch and toffee and walnut next week.

I'm going to alternate between apple and cinnamon and original porridge for breakfast. It makes me feel a bit more normal having something breakfasty in the morning and they are quite nice!

I'm wondering if after next week I might have some bars as well. I like to chew on stuff so would quite like them I think - if she says I can have them this week then awesome.

So, next update will be tomorrow after the weigh in! Eek!

Hope all my fellow first weekers have an awesome weigh in and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

xxx

If you're not hungry at all then try and think of your shakes as medicine not food, you really do need all of them or you are literally on a starvation diet! Good luck for weighin and force a shake down before bed.x

Back