Silly pre-weigh in rituals

Braver than me!

That's hilarious. I can't believe jeans weigh 2 pounds tho! :O

Tracey thats hilarious hehehe, and brave too! I would have loved to see the reactions you got :D

I'm surprised the jeans weighed so much though - glad I weigh in in underwear now

The rituals aren't as silly as they appear. Ensuring that you have the environmental factors as similar as possible between weigh-ins is extremely important for comparable results.

For instance, I've found that if I place my scales slightly to the right of where we usually put them (yeah, I too line them up with lines on the parquet flooring), we all weigh about 0.5lbs more.

I go to the loo. I wear the jimjams (but nothing additional). I weigh in at 8am (or as close as possible). I do not eat breakfast beforehand. I don't drink fluid after midnight before weigh-in.

Keeping the environmental factors relatively under control ensures that the weight-loss on the scales is actual weight-loss, not just because I didn't drink half a litre of water at 5am this week :D

i get weighed at 6pm every weds, i wear the same outfit (everyone must think i'm a scuffer!) and make sure my hair is dry if i've washed it. i make sure i don't eat/drink anything after lunch time so it's not sat in my stomach for my weigh in... lol!

You do absorb water through the skin, but only at a teensy rate. Maybe you're loafing in the bath too long :D

And yes, there's a first-aid tip there if you find someone in such extreme dehydration that they're unconscious ;)

This thread really made me laugh hehe. My pre-weighing ritual is the same as a lot of yours, I don't weigh while my hair is wet. I go to the wee. I move the scales around the room to make sure they are not being affected by the ground :p (we have subsidance). When I used to go to a class about a year ago, I was still wearing my shorts in November hehe. My mum was worse than me though - she used to take off her rings and take out her earings before a weigh in!!!!

i weigh myself at boots cause i think there scales are better quality than mine. i weigh myself around 1230, i dont eat or drink anything before that, make sure ive been to toilet. i wear the same cotton strappy dress with leggings, i always take off my shoes and coat and cardigan and i always hold my breath and close my eyes. not sure why. lol.
Erin xx

:(on my weigh in day, i weigh myself on my scales first thing, weigh myself on them before sw class then get weighed at class, to compare my weights. i'm not so bad now cos i've learned it does you no good and is a bit silly. i should throw out my scales:rolleyes:

I get weighed on a friday.

Get up
Go to the loo
Get naked
Get weighed
Either cheer or cry :(

I also have a spot on my floor where i also put the scales lol

i wear the same shoes and jeans thats about it

Im just the same!! breathei n, no clothes, first thing in the morning, after going to the loo!

Back