Silly question? Eating less than 26 pp.

busybee123

If i eat LESS than my 26 points per day will i lose more or will my body go into starvation?

Only sometime i dont manage them all, but i do want to lose weight steadily so it will stay off and not too fast.

I think i just need it explaning please.

Thanks.

U should at least eat 26pp a day ur body needs a certain amount of nutrition and eating less than 26pp would mean ur body not getting what it needs, which could then go to starvation mode! Can u not change anything, I would advise eat breakfast, full fat versions of everything (if ur not already)!

I don't understand how u struggle to use them all, sometimes I find it hard to stick within 26pp!

Hi
I had the same question, my leader said you do need the 26pp for your body to burn the calories but I feel if it gets to the evening & I haven't used it it seems silly to eat extra things in order to lose the weight if im not hungry, surely the less you eat the more you lose!?!

i used to do that thinking i would lose weight faster.... in my calorie counting days I sometimes burned more than I actually ate.... long story short my body went into meltdown, periods all over the place, felt tired and confused pretty much all of the time. Oh and I didn't lose weight lol

Even if you can't eat try some orange juice instead of water, that'll up your intake significantly until you feel like you can face eating a bit more.

Good suggestions thanks.

Dont get me wrong, on days we get a take away or have treats i struggle to stay within, but on regular days i find im only eating 20 -24 pp.
I will try to enjoy other varieties of food in order to steadily loose weight.

Thanks.

I think that if you get to 20 and you've eaten good healthy food all day and you're not hungry then I'd forget the rest of the points. The danger is that you just eat choc or something to bulk up your points and that is not something your body ever needs. I did propoints for 6 months last year and I found that I was mostly only managing to get to at worst 18. But like you, other days I would have no trouble. I know the recommendation is to use up all 26 but you have to make it work for you too.

hevas86 said:
Hi
I had the same question, my leader said you do need the 26pp for your body to burn the calories but I feel if it gets to the evening & I haven't used it it seems silly to eat extra things in order to lose the weight if im not hungry, surely the less you eat the more you lose!?!

No that's not the case. You need a healthy balance. If you don't eat enough it can cause your body to go into what's sometimes referred to as starvation. It can cause problems and actually mean you lose less weight.

Weight watchers have spend millions working their plan out. If they say you need 26 points minimum then trust them

I would agree with people who say you sould try to use all 26pp. If you're finding that difficult do something simple to bulk the points (healthily). Have a small glass of milk or OJ for instance? Add a little cheese to your sambo at lunch? Use extra virgin olive oil when cooking dinner. These are all things that ARE good for you in moderation. 26pp is the minimum and the whole "eat less, lose more" is a VERY simplified way of trying to lose weight. The body needs a certain amount of nutrition and calories to keep it ticking over. In fact, on some weeks where I eat more, I actually lose more weight! Strange!!

Back