Silly question - frying an egg with Frylight??

I've yet to perfect the art of frying an egg with fry light - dont know why but when I crack the egg into the pan it spreads all over the pan unlike the fried egg 'shape' you get when you fry them in oil - then I try to turn it over cause I hate soft yolk and it messes up more and ends up looking more like scrambled egg than fried egg :eek: bet no one else has this problem, I usually mess things up in a unique way :D

I only started SW this week, and decided to have a cooked breakfast this morning (my little boy was still asleep so I thought I'd take the opportunity to have cooked while I could!) - quorn sausages,beans, tomato & an egg, and have never tried frying an egg in frylight either. I did the sausages in the pan, so it was already nice and hot, and added the egg in at the end. I did spray a bit more frylight in before I added the egg, and I managed to flip it over as the yolk was still raw. How it didn't break I don't know, but I was left with what looked like a mini omlette, but when I cut it, the yolk was still fairly runny and it tasted fantastic.

I only started SW this week, and decided to have a cooked breakfast this morning (my little boy was still asleep so I thought I'd take the opportunity to have cooked while I could!) - quorn sausages,beans, tomato & an egg, and have never tried frying an egg in frylight either. I did the sausages in the pan, so it was already nice and hot, and added the egg in at the end. I did spray a bit more frylight in before I added the egg, and I managed to flip it over as the yolk was still raw. How it didn't break I don't know, but I was left with what looked like a mini omlette, but when I cut it, the yolk was still fairly runny and it tasted fantastic.

You are making me hungry and I still have another hour till lunch! :p

I use a really good non stick frying pan and as another poster said,i stick a lid over it for a minute or two and you still get a runny yolk but no snot :)

I've got an omlette maker I spray with frylight and it cooks a perfect fried egg

Don't know what I'd do without it

Ambermaria23 said:
I've always popped it under grill to get rid of the snot- perfect everytime!!

You and me both lol. I perfect my omelettes the same way ;)

Kc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have just once again thought I would attempt this and it WORKED! yay. I sprayed my wock (it the only non - stick pan I got that works!) with frylight, then I waited for pan to heat up splashed some water into it to see if it splashed up (spat?) at me, and then put the egg in, the first two I did I didn't crack the egg properly so the yolk leaked but they still cooked fine, then I turned the heat down cracked two more egss (much better!) and they look fab, am waiting for hubby to come home from shopping before I try!! I have made Steak, slimming world chips and egg and salad, and now am starving :p
I just keep saying to myself It's FREE it's FREE :p haha! Thanks for the tips everyone this site is amazing whenever I'm unsure I put what I need slimming world and minimins and search google and you always have the answers lolz :p

Back