Total Solution Silvalady's Exante diary & journey

8/3/17
Day 2

Dahl pot meal (yum)
Burger on a bun with ketchup and cheese, no not Mcdonalds, saw the recipe for this on this site, 1/2 pack of burger mix & 1/2 pack of pizza dough mix, was actually very good, I did add cheese though for some flavour.
Sweet and sour noodles ( again yum)
3 ltrs of water

Feeling ok today, 3 ltrs of water, no headaches so roll on day 3!

Tonight was a bit of a tester, my husband suddenly announced at 8pm we were going out for dinner with friends, of course my 1st reaction was no I dont want to go, that's what had happened last time, and I'd eaten a protein meal but that turned into me eating more protein then like cheese, or meat, every day almost, it affected my weight loss aswell... then I fell off the wagon completely. But tonight was different I had a word with myself before we left and told myself I can be strong, I'd baked the kids banana muffins that day and not eaten any, so why did I feel if I went out I had to eat? So whilst everyone tucked into snacks and a meal I just had soda water, people asked why I wasn't eating so I had to tell them, I didn't really want to tell everyone, as it's my business but I had no choice really. Good thing is nobody tried to put me off .

Last edited:
09/03/17
Day 3

I've been having my first pack of the day quite late around lunchtimeish and I'm Quite happy with this, unless of course I'm feeling hungry then I'd have it earlier.. I'm finding it a lot easier to follow the plan this time, no real headache or major hunger like last time.

Shepherds pie (ok but not crazy about it)
Chocolate coconut bar
Gooey salted caramel pudding (ok)

13/3/17
Day 7
Stuck to Exante 100% these past few days even though I've not updated on here, had a few sneaky weigh ins along the way and have lost weight but my 1st official weigh in is tomorrow morning! I'm so excited to see the results, as in January when I followed this plan I messed day 7 up by eating a protein meal of steak and veg and put weight on, on my 1st official weigh in the following morning!

I haven't had any shakes this week despite having loads as I'm not keen on them and prefer the meals and bars and some desserts...thinking of selling my shakes on ebay to get rid of them. Quite proud of the fact I've been 100% this last week despite 3 social outings this past week with friends, they've all sat eating & drinking and I've just sat with a soda water, but surprisingly it hasn't really bothered me like it has in the past... it's more the smell that gets me if it smells lovely.

Breakfast: Jam and yogurt bar ( nice )
Lunch: beef and blackbean meal ( one of my faves )
Dinner: Tiramisu Dessert (so gross I couldeat eat it)
So had indian style curry and rice instead !

Here's to a good weight loss for tomorrows first weight on

Last edited:
Hi Silvalady,

Just read your diary, you're doing really well this time around.. I'm looking forward to your first weigh in tomorrow.. I'm sure you will have done great looking at how you've managed to stay 100% in spite of having been for 3 social outings:woohoo:..!!

xxx
Fatimah

14/3/17
Day 8

• Well today's my first official weigh in, and of course I'm pleased with my loss of 4.7kgs (just over 10lb) but I'm also a little disapointed, you see and I know I shouldn't but I weigh everyday, so this morning I got up excited to see my weeks loss to find I'd put 0.5kg ( just over 1lb back on) since yesterday, I'm confused as to why this happened I've been 100%, so can only presume it must be a water gain and not fat... but still is it my body's cruel idea of a joke, it's ironic after my gain in Jan for my 1st weigh in when I'd cheated the day before and gained, but this time I've not cheated. Yes I know I shouldn't weigh everyday and if I didn't I wouldent of known I'd gained a lb, but still I'm a bit disapointed i didn't lose more this morning. Also another thing is according to my ketostix im not in ketosis yet either, usually im in by day 5 so to be on day 8 and not in it is very unusual, the only thing ive done differently this time is ive not had any shakes, could that be the the reason?
So decided I needed to use my shakes up as i have loads, so made the orange and pineapple one, it smelt lovely, shame it didn't taste as good, I'm not a big shake fan anyway and I had to force it down, then I felt a bit sickly after it for a couple of hours, so I've concluded I dont think I'll use my shakes up after all lol, so when I go to England next mth I'll take them with me and sell them on ebay. I'll also be taking my few packs of Eton mess, and again had to force it down, I actually gagged on the last spoon fulls, despite me leaving it in the freezer for 30 mins to go lovely and cold. Thinking about all the different exante food packs available there is not many I like, from the ones I've tried, I love the :

Beef and blackbean pot
Dahl pot
Sweet n sour noodles
Spagetti bolognese
Red bean chilli

The other ones I tried like the Indian style curry, although tasted ok where just mush and no texture same with the Mexican rice, like baby food.
I like most of the bars except the cherry, but prefer the crunchy type ones to the chewy ones,I keep them in the fridge so their lovely and cold.

Anyway today I've had
Breakfast: orange/ pineapple shake ( yuk)
Lunch: half pack of pizza base mix and half pack of sausage mix put together with some ketchup on top. ( quite yummy)
Dinner: indian style curry ( not bad )

Onwards and downwards

Last edited:
Hi Silverlady
I have enjoyed reading your diary and very pleased that you've had a good loss.
Don't worry about that little .5kg sneaking back, it's just water weight. I use an app called Happy Scale, on my phone and weigh more than once a week, and it shows the downward trend of weightloss for you, which always makes me feel better about little weight fluctuations.

I do Manplan, so have a protein meal most days - generally fish or chicken - and never feel hungry and it's so much easier for me when I'm cooking hubster's meal etc. I feel less like I'm on a diet, plus it's handy if we go out with others. I have the chicken, the veg and ignore the potato and just say that I don't like spuds.

I hope your next week is as good as this.

15/3/17
Day 9

Still not in ketosis according to my sticks,now I'm wondering are the sticks wrong? I've never had a problem going into ketosis before so I'm thinking maybe i am in, not 100% sure with how I feel but think maybe I am.

Breakfast : gooey lemon dessert ( nice) love lemon anything
Lunch: sweet n sour noodles ( lovely)
Dinner: Eton mess (yuk never again)
3 ltrs water

Off to bed, goodnight x

Hi Silvalady, when is your weigh in? I feel really crappy this week and have only lost a 1lb after an 8lb loss last week, I weigh on a Monday so hoping for 3 this week

it feels a bit disheartening doesn't it but on the plus side my clothes do feel a bit looser which is good and I think my skin a bit clearer. I am just praying so losses start to lick in as I haven't got much time and really do not want to be a chunky bride!

16/03/17
Day 10

Breakfast: salted caramel gooey dessert (didn't really like it)
Lunch: half pack of sausage mix and half pack of pizza mix ( is good )
Dinner: my fave beef & blackbean pot meal with extra chillI flakes on top ( yum )

Think I might finally be in ketosis today, probably have been for a few days but wasnt sure, but today I can really tell! Feeling thirsty and more energetic

Kids had a kfc for tea tonight , wow it looked and smelled gorgeous, I put it on the plate for them and then I had to walk away it was so tempting not to eat a french frie, so glad I didn't and proud to say i haven't cheated one this time in these 10 days

15/3/17
Day 9

Still not in ketosis according to my sticks,now I'm wondering are the sticks wrong? I've never had a problem going into ketosis before so I'm thinking maybe i am in, not 100% sure with how I feel but think maybe I am.

Breakfast : gooey lemon dessert ( nice) love lemon anything
Lunch: sweet n sour noodles ( lovely)
Dinner: Eton mess (yuk never again)
3 ltrs water

Off to bed, goodnight x
I have never peed on a ketostick in my life and I don't get hung up on the ketosis thing either. If I'm in I'm in if not I don't get excited about it. I don't think that you can fail to lose weight on Exante so I don't worry about it really. The sticks don't always tell the truth.

1. 03/08/17
  2. Day 4: Well after a 4mth break I'm finally back on TS, today is day 4, and so far so good! Of course all the weight I think around 10kgs i lost has all gone back on
So back to square one, this time I didn't buy any shakes when I was in England, i just bought bars and meals and filled my suitcase up to last a good few weeks, I don't the shakes at all, they have a strange smell and taste... I like only the bars and the savoury meals, I love the Dahl style pots I could eat them for every meal lol
So far I'm not too hungry, haven't had the headache or the grumpy short tempered feeling I had last time, only thing I am getting is I feel tired like I want to sleep..
I've bought myself one of those watches that counts your steps etc,I've set it to a target of 10,0000 steps every day, so I wear it all day from getting up till I go to bed, I've also started walking in the evenings for about 20 mins, I will try and increase my walking by a little bit more every day. I haven't quite reached 10,000 as yet but got to 8,000 yesterday, I have quite a sedentary lifestyle so need this walking..

07/07/17
Day 8

First weigh in (again) today and I'm pleased to say I've lost 4.5kg or just under 10lbs!
Not finding it too bad so far, even though I'm in ketosis I do sometimes feel hungry, I'm hoping this will pass as my body adjusts to the diet.
Not cheated at all unless you call me having a cheese cube and 3 slices of tomato on my pizza cheating, but it was worth it to make the pizza so much more yummy!

Hi @Silvalady. Just read through your diary. I'm new to the Exante diet and just started on Tuesday. So I'm on day 3 and doing well so far. Looking to get talking to others on the diet and keep motivating each other :) I'm also writing a weight loss diary to motivate myself. Keep up the determination!!

Hi Silvalady, indeed welcome back! So how much have you lost so far?
I'm back after a back and forth should I or should I not take a break after being on Exante for 6 weeks, went off for 2-3 days and decided it wasn't worth it. Jumped back on board yesterday and fingers crossed, I think it hit the reset button as I don't feel like cheating or find myself slipping

Please Let us know how you're doing :D

Back