Silver's Diary

Loving reading you... :D

Day 43

So today was PP. Grabbed a simple breakfast of yogurt, with sweetener and apple flavouring. :gimi:

I got the disherwasher packing, emptied and repacked today, which I was supposed to do yesterday. We were experiencing a severe shortage of teaspoons and bowls :p

Also finally got my new pair of runners into the post to be returned. Despite being my giant size (american 12, UK 9) they just didn't fit right :(
While I was there I also sent off my renewal for my Nat Geo subscription :D Love those mags!
After that I went to the shops to get some groceries. I picked up 18 eggs because I've been going through them like nobodies business!

Lunch was 2 turkey burgers. I actually had lunch before leaving the apt. When I got home I was peckish so I hard boiled 2 eggs (see!) and had a can of tuna while I waited for the eggs.

Went for a stroll with my friend this evening and then picked James up after his football match.

Dinner was fish, tilapia and cod, and some crab and turkey bacon mix. Had a pudding pot for dessert and I'm about to grab my oatbran for supper.

I hope I sleep well tonight. Had crazy dreams about this weird creature last night. It was like an emaciated african child, except it was a dryed out whitish-grey colour, had no facial features, only one arm and no legs that I could see. And it could move incredibly fast! Like a spider.
Kinda reminded me of "The Eater of Children" from Pan's Labyrinth, but when it would have been a kid....shudder :hide:

your mind has been taken over by aliens :p lol

WOOOOHOOOO Welllllllldonnnnneeee on the 4lb loss this week Silver!!! x

Day 44

PV day today. Breakfast was left over mince dinner from Sunday, with an egg thrown in lol.

I did a blitz clean of the kitchen this morning. We're due to get the apartment kitchen measured for a renovation they're getting done n the building and I thought I heard people in the hall :p

However I was wrong lol, so I went to meet my friend on her lunch break. Had an awful salad, sans feta and with only the tiniest sprinkling of the vinegrette because it looked like there was oil in it.

After that, on my way home I noticed what I had always thought was an eye clinic was actually a gym :confused: Who calls a gym "Vision Quest", I mean really?!
Anyway, they were having a special offer for the end of february of $0 enrollment fee and only $15 a month membership fees!
Needless to say I booked an appointment for 11am tomorrow :) I'm excited....is it bad I'm trying to figure out what to wear to a gym tour? :rolleyes:

Dinner was a huge hunk of seared tuna steak with brussel sprouts and turkey bacon (we really love that stuff! :p). We had rhubarb for dessert and I am so stuffed now! :eek: I have no idea how I'm gonna fit my oatbran in lol, though I'm sure I'll manage :eating:

Day 45

PP today and I'm just home from a session with my PT. I can already feel the aches setting in....

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs, which I bolted down and then left my apt for my gym tour appointment.
I really liked the gym. It's in an old (by american standards) bank building so there are massive vault doors everywhere! The locker room is situated where the main vault used be and the giant circular door is still there! The equipment is also good.... :p most classes are included in the fee and they have a free PT session once a month :D I got the whole sh-bang for $286.86 and that's with a free second year! Super chuffed :party0049::character00116:

The rest of the day was not as productive....I sat on my butt all day :sigh: Watched tv, read and napped.....

I blame my lunch! I didn't sit right I think. I had shrimp, imitation crab and a salmon burger all "fried" up together. Tasted great but I was feeling iffy for the rest of the day.

As a result I only had my oatbran with yogurt before heading to my PT session. I wasn't on top of my game this evening, and it being a PP day didn't help. I had no fuel at all :(
One good thing came out of it though. I worked up an appetite! So I had some T. Bacon and chicken sausages when I got home :)

I have a chiropractic appt tomorrow at 11 in my new gym :D I might try do cardio after if I'm not too sore. Otherwise I'll be meeting my trainer for a walk in the afternoon anyway.

Off to dry my hair and then sleep :zz:

Day 46

PV today....and I skipped breakfast :( I just wasn't hungry and I had to be somewhere at 11 so I figured I might be hungry when I got back, but things got away from me...

So I had my free chiropractic appt in my new gym today. I'm absolutely fine, in tip top shape, apparently so the doctor (whose name was Dr. Deatherage...seriously! :D) said he wouldn't count this as my free one because there was nothingg to fix! How cool is that! :party0011:

I rang my personal trainer after as we were supposed to be walking today but she was feeling really run down :( She asked me over instead so I pretty much grabbed my car and drove over. Didn't even think about food :rolleyes:

She made me turkish coffee and offered me food but she didn't have much I'd be allowed so I passed.
We started watching a movie and she fell asleep! :p Was quite cute! She's into her 7th month now and getting rather big. Myself and my friends are going to her baby shower at the end of March :) I'm really excited!

I left hers at about 2pm because she had a session to go too. Finally made myself some food, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach and I ate too much :(
Ended up falling asleep on the couch with my cats and pup curled up on me. They're as effective as a double dose of sleep tabs :p

Woke up in time grab some yogurt and oatbran and make a travel mug of coffee before heading out to watch the end of my hubby's football match (he's been hinting that he'd like me to watch, bless :love:) but due to traffic I only caught the last 12mins :(

We were both ready for a lazy evening in tonight but a friend txted and out we went :p
Went to the local pizza/bar place and I got a modified caprese salad, very interestingly done, and James had a gala meal of pizza :)
My salad turned out to be not quite a salad. Should have been spinach, basil, mozzarella, tomato, oil and balsamic reduction. I asked to leave out the oil and mozzarella and add chicken. What I got was thick sliced tomato bases piled with chicken and basil, drizzled with the reduction. Tasted amazing! :gimi:

And now it is bed time :) so sleepy :zz:

Hi silver
I'm always looking for food ideas and read in your diary that one day you had veggie burgers and it made me wonder, on the Dukan can we have quorn products???

Day 47 and 48

Yesterday was a PP day and I missed breakfast again. James woke late and needed a lift to work. In an effort to kill 2 birds with one stone I decided to bring Rua to the dog park near his work. She found a enthusiastic playmate in a 7month old Rottweiler pup called Lily. Gorgeous dog, with a great personality.

Got a txt from a friend while I was in the park, asking me to join her as she did a few errands round town. She was feeling a bit unsteady on her feet and needed a hand, as well as company :p
I suppose I should explain why she was feeling insteady, in case you're curious. Just over a year ago she was hit by a drunk driver in a pick-up truck while out with friends. She suffered head trauma and a fractured spine. I actually met her as a result of this incident as she needed someone to walk her dog for her. She's normally fairly ok, she's actually one of my workout buddies for personal training and kicks my ass frequently, but every so often she'll get dizzy spells or finds it hard to put a sentence together :( She's an amazing person and no one would ever guess she went through so much so recently.
So we hung out, got all her errands done, got lunch (I had mine before meeting her, shrimp and scrambled eggs) and did some window shopping. Had good fun :)

When I got home I was shattered, ended up napping on the couch. James was in a foul mood when he came home and pms had me follow him in no time. We ended up having a dinner stand off where neither of us wanted to cook.
I caved in the end and threw together some fish and a shrimp, crab and t. bacon mix. After dinner he was in a much better mood but I was still feeling pretty snarky. When my other PT buddy txt at 11pm saying she was still in work I jumped at the chance to offer her a lift home and get myself out of the apt.
It was a 25min drive to her work (same as James's) and 25 back to hers. She'd been cooped up in work like this all week and asked me to hang out with her for a bit. Of course I said yes, and stayed at hers watching comedians until 1:30am.
When I got home James played the abandoned puppy and I felt awful for leaving him :( I apologized and we went to sleep happy.

Today was PV and I got a breakfast of scrabbled eggs.

My spanish friend, the one who got the puppy, invited me to a dog park I hadn't been to first thing this morning. It's Rua's birthday today, she's 1 :D So despite waking with an awful headache, I got her ready and off we went.
It was a nice park but much much smaller than the others we go too. More like one of the inner city dog parks that only take up a block.
Stopped at the pet store on the way home and stocked up on training treats and some long over-due replacement toys. Rua is spoilt for choice now :rolleyes:

When I got home all I wanted to do was nurse my headache, so I got a lunch of turkey burger with t bacon and cheese and a veggie soufflé and after I curled up on the couch and tried to sleep it off.
Didn't manage to fall asleep and at 4 James calls and tells me he's going to be late home from football because he missed his bus. I offered to collect him and instead he suggested bringing the dog to the park again. So I got Rua ready, collected my hubby, and Rua got her second dose of the park today :) She is currently snoring away in the den with James :D

Dinner was mince and brussel sprouts all cooked together like a chilli, one of James's creations. :gimi: It was really good. Perfect comfort food :)

Our plan is to hike tomorrow so I'm going to boil some eggs and think of some other nice protein I can bring for lunch. I really want to make a day of it so fingerscrossed the weather stays nice! :cross:

Oh, I had my oatbran with yogurt as a mid afternoon snack today and forgot it yesterday :(

Also weigh-in tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much, what with TOTM and all.

Sorry for the epic length of todays post :p Night! :zz:

Hi silver
I'm always looking for food ideas and read in your diary that one day you had veggie burgers and it made me wonder, on the Dukan can we have quorn products???

Sorry, just saw this. I'm actually ynot certain. I've never had Quorn to be honest.
The veggie burgers I have are just these ones we found in Costco over here. They're borderline allowed, as they have maybe a lil too much carrot in them. But I don't have them too often.

Try a search of the recipe forum for quorn. You might find you answer there :)

Sorry I can't help more

sorry to jump in your diary Silver but just to answer sididd's question, yes you can have quorn products but try and stick to the plain products like, mince, pieces, and plain fillets. I have used burgers and sausages too and have gotten away with it but this may not be true for everyone

louschu said:
sorry to jump in your diary Silver but just to answer sididd's question, yes you can have quorn products but try and stick to the plain products like, mince, pieces, and plain fillets. I have used burgers and sausages too and have gotten away with it but this may not be true for everyone

Thanks louschu I was hoping quorn burgers would be there. I haven't had time to look further into it yet but though quorn burgers with veg would have been a quick tasty meal.

Happy Birthday Rua!!! Hope your feeling better Silver - love reading your menus - I am visiting the states in October and can't wait to try out all the things that you guys have that we don't!!! I will get a list from you before I leave - don't want to miss out on any gastro experiences!!! Dukan friendly of course - mind you if I manage to make it to conso before then I can have a gala meal - chinese buffet it is then!!! LOL!!! Sticking of course to the one plate rule!!! LOLOLOL!

Happy Birthday Rua!!! Hope your feeling better Silver - love reading your menus - I am visiting the states in October and can't wait to try out all the things that you guys have that we don't!!! I will get a list from you before I leave - don't want to miss out on any gastro experiences!!! Dukan friendly of course - mind you if I manage to make it to conso before then I can have a gala meal - chinese buffet it is then!!! LOL!!! Sticking of course to the one plate rule!!! LOLOLOL!

Cool! What part are you going too?

I'll be more than happy to put together a list for you :) And I would suggest brunch as a gala meal if you hit conso. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, bacon and (my fav) eggs benedict! There are some amazing brunch places around. You can understand why I regained the weight I lost for my wedding :p

We actually haven't found a good chinese here :( but I don't know if thats just Seattle or what... Plenty of great japanese restaurants tho :D mmmm sushi :gimi:

Back