Consolidation Silver's Metabolism Reset!

SilverSilph

Silver Member
Hey guys! So I'm starting this on Day 3 of my Conso. I've been enjoying myself immensely....and freaking out in the evenings lol. I'll do a quick run down of my meals since Friday.

Friday
Breakfast was yoghurt and oatbran

Lunch was my first bread and cheese, toasted :drool:, since January

Dinner was in a Japonese restaurant and it was ahi, yellow tail and salmon sashimi, octopus and seaweed salad and miso soup with clams.

Saturday
Breakfast/brunch was a ham and cheese omelette with a slice of whole wheat toast and a side of mixed berries and some nectarine slices (about a cup in all).

Dinner was my sisters birthday dinner. I had tomato soup with a small amount of basil oil in it and a very small piece of bread (my 2nd of the day) to start. My main was also my 1st starchy meal. I had pappardelle pasta with a slow cooked ragu sauce. And for "dessert" I had an espresso :p

Sunday
For breakfast I made scrambled eggs on whole grain toast.

Lunch was awkward because we were at the outlet mall where food is mainly of the "fast" variety. We went to Starbucks and I got their protein tray, an egg, 3 apple segments, some grapes, 2 tiny cheese triangles and a very small muesli flatbread. I wasn't going to eat the flatbread but I did in the end because I was hungry :(

Dinner was chicken lettuce wraps to start, with salsa and cilantro and the main was tuscan chicken, with balsamic vinegarette, roasted tomatoes, broccolini, artechokes, capers, basil and farro. I didn't eat the farro. All of this was from the "skinnylicious" menu in the Cheesecake Factory :) I only had half the main and brought the rest home.

How do you think I'm doing? I'm trying to stay good while at the same time enjoy my families visit without making things awkward for them.
I have had one or two stray chips, a salted caramel, and I cleaned the knife I used to cut my sisters birthday cheesecake (Godiva chocolate!) but other than those little slips I think I've stuck to the rules ok.....:confused:
I could cut out the bread and cheese for the rest of the holiday, just in case. What you think?

Looks like you have made a good start Silver... Personally I would still have the bread/ cheese etc but really be strict about what you can have other than the one piece of fruit! No salted caramels/ chips etc!!! Those are the things that build up easily without you noticing...... Basically you are able to have most meat dishes with the salad/veg etc and still avoid dessert etc!!! Chose a night for your gala meal and make the most of it!!!! Stick to the rules about no seconds but have the starter/dessert etc and a glass of wine! Soooo happy to read your Mum's reaction to the new you - there was nothing to worry about!!!! WELL DONE! xxxx

id personally not have the bread and cheese as a meal incase you end up eating out and its part of your meal ... its also good back up if your hungry later in the day. ive not had any yet as im too scared of it LOL keep to the same rules and you will be fine :)

I think you're doing great! Remember, you're not trying to lose, and what you've eaten seems perfectly reasonable. I guess you need to watch the American portions (but you say you took a doggy bag home from one place) and make sure those chips, salted caramels, etc, really do stay at one (ie a taste only). Keep up the good work and see what the scales say when the family have gone back xx

Ahh silver u are doing so well! I am inspired by ur control and variation, I havent a clue what u can or cant have but I know it will take u a while to get ur head around it and for it to become the norm, good luck x

Day 4

Breakfast/brunch was a scramble with spinach, pesto, green onions, some herbs, ham and asiago cheese with a fruit side and whole wheat toast.

Lunch was leftovers from the Cheesecake Factory.

Dinner was japanese again. Miso soup with clams, scallops wrapped in bacon and a sashimi salad.

I was going to have my gala meal today at lunch time but events conspired against me. I was showing my family around Pike Place and I was going to stop into Piroshky Piroshky, a Russian pastry shop, and get a savoury one and a sweet one but my family was tired and we never got that far :(
The piroshky's are like cornish pasties but use a much denser, almost bread-like, pastry. I used to get their beef and cheese savoury and their sweet rhubard quite often.....which would explain a lot :p
I suppose I now still have my gala for an emergency situation when I'm away in Canada. That probably makes the most sense anyway. :)

Great Job, Silver! I would like to echo what trudy and ellie said - try not to have the fruit, bread and cheese in your breakfast, especially not every day. That gives you the flexibility to have maybe soup and a chunk of bread when you're out - or even a cheese sandwich when you're stuck in Starbucks! I tend to have a simple breakfast most days (Oatbran porridge with egg & yoghurt) which then leaves my options open to even buy a sandwich and an apple or so. If I have not needed my allowance then I can have it at dinner time (omelet *with* cheese, soup *with bread* etc etc) or an afternoon snack piece of fruit and so on.
Also: does the oatbran still figure - did I just miss it then apologies.

Finally, try to really really resist the little things - one crisp here and one caramel there will eventually break the bank I'm afraid - especially at the beginning! Or do make sure it is ONE A DAY. Once you reach Stabilization things can relax a bit but at the moment you need to be very strict still: I repeat my summary that most days conso is PV with a small portion of cheese, slice of bread and piece fruit.

Thanks Anjuschka :) I definitely agree with you, Ellie and Trudy and that's technically been my plan from the start, to leave the fruit, bread and cheese as fall backs/emergency meals but the brunch places we've been going to have come with the toast on the side and given the option to swtich out potatoes/home fries for a fruit cup.I generally take that option just so I don't get the sympathy/pity looks from my family... And omelettes have been my staple brunch thing since I started the diet, it's so nice to have them with the cheese again lol :drool:

But soon we're going to be eating in so I will be spacing out my allowed foods, and possibly leaving them out when possible :) Just to counter any naughtiness incurred by eating out :p

Thanks Anjuschka :) I definitely agree with you, Ellie and Trudy and that's technically been my plan from the start, to leave the fruit, bread and cheese as fall backs/emergency meals but the brunch places we've been going to have come with the toast on the side and given the option to swtich out potatoes/home fries for a fruit cup.I generally take that option just so I don't get the sympathy/pity looks from my family... And omelettes have been my staple brunch thing since I started the diet, it's so nice to have them with the cheese again lol :drool:

But soon we're going to be eating in so I will be spacing out my allowed foods, and possibly leaving them out when possible :) Just to counter any naughtiness incurred by eating out :p

Ah yes - I didn't quite see that you were always at the mercy of eating out though I should have worked that out ;-) Well then very well done on sticking so closely to the plan, I don't know how I would cope if I had to eat 'out' all day (without at least having a supermarket to resort to at times).

So it's well done to you!

Day 5&6

Tuesday was a travel day.

Breakfast was oatbran and yoghurt.

Lunch was...nothing :( stopped in the outlet mall again on the way to Vancouver and there was nothing I could eat in stock. I had some jerky in the car.

Dinner was steak and veg.

Today breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon.

Lunch was a (more herby than whole grain) panini with chicken, pesto, cheese and spinach.

Dinner was my gala as we were meeting extended family for dinner and I didn't have control of the restaurant. We had shared starters, I had a skirt steak with pototoes and asparagus for main and sticky toffee pud for dessert. One glass of wine and one prosecco were also had.

Hi all,

For those of you have lost more weight in some week than others, what do you think this has been due to?

I'm a newbie and I've had a fab start but I know the weightloss will be less in cruise stage.

Did you do more exercise in those weeks?

Day 7

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and bacon.

Lunch was a Rueben on rye. James found out sauerkraut is a tolerated item I think.

Dinner was not great :( well it was gorgeous just bold. I got tomato soup which turned out to be cream of tomato....then I got a fillet steak and the parsnip mash turned out to be potatoes with a hint of parsnip :( left those. Disappointing :sigh:

Did 4hrs of driving today. I'm super tired! Only another 2hrs to go tomorrow before we reach Golden for 5 days and I can exercise!!!

Hey Trini, if you find my Cruise diary, Silvers Diary, you'll see I've been doing alot of exercise and that I highly recommend strength training in order to tone up followed by cardio

Thanks Silver.

I did a Tae Bo - Abs and Glutes DVD last and let me tell you, I'm feeling it this morning lol!

Will definitely focus on cardio and toning as my stomach is the issue.

I also use a slendertone belt for 30mins after my workout which I'm hoping will help.

I will try and find your diary.

Thanks xx

Hey Silver,

I wondered where you had been hiding lol!

Hope you are doing well :D

Last edited:
Back